[APP] - version 4.20.+ ( 11/2023 )

Started by Menion, November 24, 2023, 22:16:45

Menion

@Andrew Heard
Does this weird layout happen on your Samsung Tab A7 in portrait orientation?

@slarti76
long-press to cancel recording > there is a confirmation dialog.
"Preferred folder" > this needs to be set for "Auto-save" to be working. But even if auto-save is disabled, the folder is pre-selected in the "save screen".

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on December 04, 2023, 15:11:09@slarti76
long-press to cancel recording > there is a confirmation dialog.
Doesn't work for me:
- Long-press when track has 0 or 1 point -> discard without warning (acceptable)
- Long-press for >1 point -> auto-save (without any interaction)

Quote"Preferred folder" > this needs to be set for "Auto-save" to be working. But even if auto-save is disabled, the folder is pre-selected in the "save screen".
Ah, ok, then the folder makes sense, still - didn't realize that. I rest my case ;)
  •  

Andrew Heard

settings > track recording > <profile> > Save & display: off - I am still seeing 2 behaviors - 1) mostly the track details screen is displayed 2) sometimes the screen is not displayed. I can get used to one or the other but still seems like a timing issue.

Quote from: Menion on December 04, 2023, 15:11:09Does this weird layout happen on your Samsung Tab A7 in portrait orientation?
@menion - yes, that screen capture is from the tablet in portrait orientation. It has only happened recently.

@menion - request for new Preset setting: settings > Maps > Offline maps > Text size. For some Presets I'd leave the size @ 100%, but for others it would be nice to make larger, say 175%.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
This simply isn't possible  :).

Are we talking about the long press on this "Stop" button? There is a simple method that have to display "Discard" question dialog.

@Andrew Heard

issue with "Save & display" settings > can't do more now. Will have to test it and simulate it.

issue with layout > ah thanks, got it.

new settings in Preset > there are a lot of such ideas that make sense for a few users on the help desk. So maybe later when I'll be working on presets.

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on December 05, 2023, 14:32:22@slarti76

Are we talking about the long press on this "Stop" button? There is a simple method that have to display "Discard" question dialog.
I'll prepare a video...
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on December 05, 2023, 15:23:20
Quote from: Menion on December 05, 2023, 14:32:22@slarti76

I'll prepare a video...
Sent by PM.
  •  

Radim V

Quote from: T-mo on November 29, 2023, 22:05:17
Quote from: Radim V on November 29, 2023, 20:27:07But unless I have a look into map data, this is just my guess. Please specify the location more.
sure: shared track @ web.locusmap.app-planner
Yes, the segment with warning is a secondary road without a (mapped) sidewalk. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

Menion

@slarti76
ah!! Thanks for the video. I was talking and checking the behavior of the "Stop" button in the panel (as visible on the screenshot). You were talking about a small button directly on the main map screen.

As I see, the current behavior was implemented at 06/2022! and no complaints since then. Long-press simply calls "Stop" and the recording service takes care. In your case, seems you use auto-save, so the result is quick and correct from my point of view. Do you have some accidental clicks on this button?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on December 06, 2023, 09:27:17@slarti76
ah!! Thanks for the video. I was talking and checking the behavior of the "Stop" button in the panel (as visible on the screenshot). You were talking about a small button directly on the main map screen.

As I see, the current behavior was implemented at 06/2022! and no complaints since then. Long-press simply calls "Stop" and the recording service takes care. In your case, seems you use auto-save, so the result is quick and correct from my point of view. Do you have some accidental clicks on this button?
Ah, ok - and now I tried long-pressing the button in the sidepanel, and it works as expected.

I could nit-pick that it's two red buttons with different long-press behaviour, but then again one has a square in it, which definitely means "Stop", and the other a colored circle. Let's say it's not 100% perfect, but I don't have a better idea, so let's leave it at that!
Thx for explanantion!
  •  

Menion

Locus Map Beta 4.20.1.1 (test version on Google Drive)

with surprise for @balloni55 and probably also others :)

Have a nice weekend!

Tapio

The surprise isn't too interesting for me, but thx anyway 😀 Please allow to hide it in the mcp
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

@Menion, hill shading is painted on top of mapsforge captions, is there something that can be done? It does some harm to readability of text. I guess not...? ideally the theme decides when to paint the hill shading layer.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Jochen

Hello Menion,

in the new Beta the geocaching website only disappears for a few seconds. Maps are only displayed for a short moment and then the geocaching website returns on top in Locus 4 Gold.
I'm not interested in geocaching and don't want to register. Is there a workaround?

Kind regards

Jochen
  •  

balloni55

@Tapio @Jochen
for now it is enabeled after update
switch it off and it will no longer bother you ;)
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
thank you very much for the pre-Christmas surprise 8)

Please deactivate "GC Live map" in the update  it only creates confusion when activated

I would look for this function in the "Geocaching tools" ;)
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •