Embedded pictures

Started by rkirmeier, October 31, 2011, 16:21:53

rkirmeier

Ok, I know you have a lot on your list but thought it would be very cool to be able to snap a picture and have it embedded in the map via an icon like Google Earth can do. Maybe an option to toggle the visibility of the picture icons in case you had a lot of picture you could remove the clutter.

Update... I was thinking about this some more. If the request above is too much work how about the ability for Locus to search the SD card for pictures that have GPS coordinates embedded and display icons. Clicking an icon could then just open the picture in the standard picture viewer... This would greatly minimize the work Locus needs to do (leaving viewing or taking pictures to other apps.)
  •  

Menion

hi,
  thanks to update I understand what you mean ... try menu -> function -> search -> Localized Photo ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rkirmeier

Sweet, didn't even realize that was there. Exactly what I was thinking!
  •  

Menion

fine :) should be working but it's not much tested. At least no one wrote about some issue which for me means that it's not much tested :)
  •  

rkirmeier

I have a couple recommendations/requests for this if you want to hear them...

1. It would be nice if didn't have to go through the entire search process everytime. Frankly I would like the icons to always be populated on the screen, maybe hide/show them via a option like "layers" in google maps.

2. Make the thumbnail images a lot larger. There is a lot of screen space to work with and the thumbnails are tiny. Would also be nice if when a list of images is presented the list could be displayed with thumbnails and name instead of just the name or even just the thumbnails as the image names generally mean nothing assuming the pictures were taken with the camera on the phone and were not re-named (most common).

Thanks for listening! Absolutely awesome software!
  •  

Menion

1) you may import all photos as POIs to some category. As you surely notice, loading (mainly searching and testing if picture have coordinates) takes a lot of time, so some auto-loading is by me really not a good idea. I really suggest to import images as points after search and update once a time ..

2) ok, thumbnail size more then doubled. You're correct, now it's much better ...
  •  

rkirmeier

Ok, the import works great... Thanks for the update on the image sizes!
  •