[APP] - version 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x

Started by Menion, August 30, 2011, 08:55:55

Menion

you lost your collection? :) I think you should use mobac still, till it will not be blocked. But it's not a fair solution. Better should be using of vector maps ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

packham

So the information about version 1.14 says "If you don't want to have reduced downloading of Online maps, do not update!". Let's say I don't want to update and want to stick with version 1.13.x. But now every time I open Locus, I get a pop up notifying me there's a new version available. This is quite annoying. Is it possible to disable the auto-check for updates? I can't seem to find it in settings. Thanks.
  •  

Menion

hmm, is small toast window really such problem? This toast cannot be disabled by any settings, sorry. I didn't expect situation that anyone don't want to update app ...
  •  

packham

Quote from: "menion"hmm, is small toast window really such problem? This toast cannot be disabled by any settings, sorry. I didn't expect situation that anyone don't want to update app ...

Well, it won't be a problem if it doesn't come up every time I open the app. And regarding "not expecting a situation anyone doesn't want to update", well, you have said it yourself with the big red letters here http://www.locusmap.eu/version-1-14-0 that "If you don't want to have reduced downloading of Online maps, do not update!". So I'm sure you would expect some users not wanting to update.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind updating at all. I just gave you an example of situations where some users might not want to update. In reality, you have to understand that there are some users that don't want to update the app every time a new version is released (for whatever reasons). He or she may be perfectly happy with the functionalities and stability of the version he/she has. Seeing this pop up every time they open Locus is like being forced to update and, IMHO, I don't think it's right to do that to paid users :|

If you could make the option to disable this popup in future versions (or at least for paid users) then all is good. Please don't take this as a criticism, but rather a feature suggestion :)  As always, thanks for the great app!
  •  

Menion

hmm maybe you're correct. Funny thing on this is that this happen only to Pro version as bonus feature :) (to be always with last version). But you're correct. I'll disable it and do some better version of this
  •