Storage location

Started by rkirmeier, October 18, 2011, 19:03:15

rkirmeier

Would really like a way to define the storage location for the locus data. Some phones have internal storage they call sdcard and then have removable storage. On my SGS2 with no SD card its storing every in /sdcard/external_sd even though I don't have any external card installed. Strange that it even works but there must be some type of symbolic linking going on behind the scenes. Never the less I put a Microsd card in the other day and my locus data disappeared. It created a new Locus folder on the card when I open Locus but all my existing data was gone. I removed the card and it was back. I would really like to be able to force it to use the internal storage as I have 16Gb so if I want to swap microsd cards it does not screw things up. If this is too much work to add in under a menu how about a conf file that can be manually edited. In fact the later would be more then fine...

Thanks!
  •  

merilius

+1
  •  

Menion

hmm it's not so easy with this. Mainly because you cannot define root location of application in config file when I have no idea where you want to put this config file. So it have to be in application. On second side addons and WhereYouGo work with predefined locations. Anyway I'm sure that when you take whole Locus irectory and place in on SD card, it will work. Locus wil find this location and will be working ....
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

wrong place to post.. sorry

rkirmeier

I was able to move the Locus folder from the external_sd folder to the sdcard folder and Locus found it without any issue...
  •  

Mirar

This is a problem for me as well. My fast and big real SD-card is at /sdcard-ext/ and the slow internal fake SD-card is at /sdcard/. I have a Motorola ME860 Atrix 4g.

A thread about the problem for apps in general here.

I haven't looked into it but I assume there's some rather daft Android library issues in the way and not just "hardcoding /sdcard" as some seems to claim?

(If it is that simple, could it simply look at all the possible locations for a Locus directory? Then I could at least put the big maps on the real card, which would solve most problems.)
  •  

Mirar

No luck for this?

Please, I really need this, and I can't be alone. Just an option to put in a path would work for me, where it can look for map data as well (think PATH). It doesn't need to be able to write there, but I'd really like to have the huge map data on the external sdcard...
  •  

Menion

it's also already there ... check menu > settings > misc > "Directory with maps"
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Mirar

Quote from: "menion"it's also already there ... check menu > settings > misc > "Directory with maps"

I totally missed that. Thanks!
  •