[APP] - version 4.18.+ ( 8/2023 )

Started by Menion, August 02, 2023, 12:37:41

Christian

Activating a dashboard.
Each tap on back button deactivating the dashboard. Intended?
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
hidden button > yes, sorry, it will remain hidden. It is too low priority feature.

@slarti76
oki, let's try OpenLocationCodes in search in the next version. Just a warning ... Google as I see now use mostly short version of these codes so an internal geocoder needs to be used. For now. it will work only on Google-certified devices (devices with Google Play services).

Direct checking of the content of the clipboard and using it ... it is more on @Marek Scholtz. But agree, may be useful to have the result immediately as the first suggestion ...

@T-mo
Google router > it is still using by anyone :o. Have to delete this, sorry.
GraphHopper endpoint > post me here please exact coordinates of the problematic endpoint and routing type you use, thanks.

@Christian
It depends on the Dashboard setup. Open dashboard in the editor > top toolbar Settings > "Close by back button" option.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

joeloc

Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 04, 2023, 01:06:40
Quote from: Menion on August 03, 2023, 08:11:37Hi guys, sharing points from Google Maps does not work for years as I know. Somewhere in 2021 maybe even later, they changed the format and the information app receives can no longer be simply converted to any text or coordinates.

Or you had a different experience with Locus Map 4.16-?
@Menion - strange, different to my experience, it (red push pin) had worked ~4.16, stopped working ~4.17, and is now working again. I only started using GMaps recently as a workaround for the broken LM4 online search experience which I now find frustrating. Sorry to complain, but it's just how it feels.
More or less the same for me. Latest version of Locus did not fix anything here though, I still cannot share points from Google Maps app. All I get is a silly URL in the Locus search window.

It used to work nicely for me for a long time, likely before Locus rewrote the Search function. Or before gmaps app changed the sharing... I have no idea. All I know is that it worked for years and not it doesnt.

I also find the new Locus online search useless. It almost never gets anything I want. When I need a "bike shop", I want a list of shops at the town where my map is pointing at. Locus online search gives me mostly utter nonsense from 500 kilometers away though.

To put it mildly: Usability regarding search has gone completely southwards recently.

Good interaction with Google maps is essential on my trips. I need opening/closing times, I need the websites of stores, I need to streetview the store front to judge wether it makes sense to cycle there and look for something. Locus internal search will never be able to compete... and it should not. Google Maps is the perfect tool for that.

michaelbechtold

I think it is time for a drastic correction of approach here: whatever you do for iOS should not screw the 100000s of users from whom you make your living.
As long as the new search function is not professional, give the Android users back the Google based search.
Equal functionality is not a valid argument against this request, as the iOS version will lack essentials for years to come anyway.
At least give the existing and fully functional Google based search as an option to your (Android) users, PLEASE!

slarti76

Quote from: michaelbechtold on August 04, 2023, 11:28:55whatever you do for iOS should not screw the 100000s of users from whom you make your living.
Locus on Apple/iOS??? When did I miss that? Definitely can't find it...
  •  

Transfer to other maps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.donutpond.sharecoordinates

Copy & Share GPS Location / Coordinates
     ✔ copy/share/feed Map GPS location from one map (e.g. Google Map) to your favorite maps

Operation.
Search a place in Google maps > Share > Select Transfer to other map > Select Locus map.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5

slarti76

Problem with SRTM/HGT:
I downloaded some 1" elevation data from here: http://viewfinderpanoramas.org/dem1d.html
To my surprise, suddenly the deepest canyons of our planet are in Northern Italy, and the Swiss lakes have the deepest trenches - have a look at the screenshots...

(I did clear all temp/cache data before turning on map shading again, so shoudln't be a caching artefact - also obvious from the -21753m altitude shown in att1)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: joeloc on August 04, 2023, 11:12:12I still cannot share points from Google Maps app. All I get is a silly URL in the Locus search window.
@joeloc - you express your frustration more directly than me, although precisely the same feeling. Sharing points (sorry to repeat myself yet again but):
  • sharing long-tap (new) red push pin points works for me
  • sharing single-tap of (existing) POI - yes, same silly URL for me too
I've made a video to be 100% clear - https://youtu.be/_jmaoGtxvqM

Quote from: 0709 on August 04, 2023, 14:46:53Transfer to other maps.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.donutpond.sharecoordinates
@0709 - installed - tested - wow it works - fixed the LM4 "online search silly URL" issue - thanks so much!
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: slarti76 on August 05, 2023, 00:25:57Problem with SRTM/HGT:
I downloaded some 1" elevation data from here: http://viewfinderpanoramas.org/dem1d.html

Go for Sonny's LIDAR DTMs instead. Much better than SRTM.
  •  

michaelbechtold

I'm missing the 4.18.1 AFA on GD, Menion.
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: michaelbechtold on August 05, 2023, 07:32:09I'm missing the 4.18.1 AFA on GD, Menion.

Me too ...
The link is present, but doesn't work.
  •  

Tapio

OLC Search (4.18.1) failure:

HGVV+465, Lünen - not found.
should be
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Graf Geo

Quote from: michaelbechtold on August 05, 2023, 07:32:09I'm missing the 4.18.1 AFA on GD, Menion.
Me too.

Playstore shows new version 4.18.1 and I must take care not to update my AFA version accidentally...
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: jonny.blue on August 05, 2023, 08:29:47

Me too ...
The link is present, but doesn't work.
Had the same problem on phone, but worked on PC browser *headscratch*
  •  

michaelbechtold

PC browser goes to GD folder from Aug 2nd, version 4.18.0, not 4.18.1, even on PC.
Or do you have a MAGIC link instead :-) ?
  •