[APP] - version 4.17.+ ( 5/2023 )

Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

Andrew Heard

Quote from: joeloc on July 25, 2023, 07:27:59Sharing position from a Google Maps entry is still broken, ever since Locus implemented its new search system. It's really quite annoying while traveling to resort to this long tap hack.
and as I posted @ https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8436.msg72716#msg72716, even the log tap doesn't work for me anymore after latest beta 4.17.2.4
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Marek Scholtz

Hi @joeloc, @Andrew Heard

which version of Google Maps app are you using? It seems that there were changes in what is Google sharing from app.

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on July 24, 2023, 09:32:50I believe that color under the "brush" icon is not necessary here. You are usually not toggling visibility on/off here. So it will only confuse (at least me) that something is enabled even if I do not want it.
I understand brush and eye symbol are technically not the same, but the blue color indicates, something is turned on (or tracks/points are on) or not. IMO blue tint helps to instantly spot what's going on.

Route planner, embedded waypoints: it does that on ANY profile. Internal, external...any. One is attached.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Tapio

Quote from: 0709 on July 25, 2023, 19:18:04Can you attach an export as gpx file ? Inclusive instructions.
Ah, good idea.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Marek Scholtz on July 25, 2023, 11:30:25Hi @joeloc, @Andrew Heard

which version of Google Maps app are you using? It seems that there were changes in what is Google sharing from app.
@Marek I can't tell you right now because my phone is having the battery replaced, but it is simply the latest Android Google Maps - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps v11.88.0303 Jul 24, 2023.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 26, 2023, 05:07:17
Quote from: Marek Scholtz on July 25, 2023, 11:30:25Hi @joeloc, @Andrew Heard

@Marek I can't tell you right now because my phone is having the battery replaced, but it is simply the latest Android Google Maps - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps v11.88.0303 Jul 24, 2023.
This is exactly the version I use. It just does not work. When I open a place parts I want that place to be opened. But only its name is passed to the search. There it is not found or among many others. Alternatively, you could share the PlusCode, but you can't do that with Locus.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

And please have the search parse latlon and Pluscode. I can even do that with Tasker.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Marek Scholtz

Hi guys,

handling Google Maps share button should be fixed. Please check the next version of Locus Map and if you still encounter some problems, please let us know.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Marek Scholtz on July 26, 2023, 08:44:29handling Google Maps share button should be fixed
thanks @Marek, and the issue reported many times, of search results from > 10,000km away at the top of the list, when there are closer matches on the map < 10km away?
  •  

TrulloF

Never mind, using desktop version of Google Drive website worked.

Unfortunately I can't download the latest beta from Google Drive. It always gives me
a 404 error.
Quote from: Marek Scholtz on July 26, 2023, 08:44:29Hi guys,

handling Google Maps share button should be fixed. Please check the next version of Locus Map and if you still encounter some problems, please let us know.

•  

Menion

Hi guys,
we will be publishing a new final version to Google Play this week so please wait for it. There is currently no Beta version with fixed "Google Maps share point" behavior.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

slarti76

Small bug regarding "Altitude threshold":
First change the threshold, then use Tools>Update Elevation => Threshold reset to 3m.
I realize that the changing of the threshold triggers an elevation update, but I'm pretty sure it's not the intention for that to be reset with the other command...

Also, I can confirm that sharing location from Google doesn't do anything.
And I second the idea to add Pluscode in Locus Search - we have what3words already, so Pluscode should be easy. And, whether we like it or not, it's much more common than what3words, being that it's supported by Google Maps...
  •  

Menion

The altitude threshold is, after using "Update elevation", correctly set to a value of 3m. It is an intent. This method completely changes elevation values so the app set the threshold to get the expected result. The previous value is no longer valid.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on July 31, 2023, 13:52:51The altitude threshold is, after using "Update elevation", correctly set to a value of 3m. It is an intent. This method completely changes elevation values so the app set the threshold to get the expected result. The previous value is no longer valid.
I respectfully disagree: The Altitude threshold is part of the track settings, so a mere "recalculate" shouldn't change that. As far as I see it, "Update elevation" is needed when you recorded a track with GPS altitude values and want to switch to SRT-based values. Or you have newer SRT files. Why would that mean that you want your threshold to be reset?
I mean, it's OK, can live with that, just don't think it's intuitive to change settings from the settings dialog as a side-effect of some other function - no other track menu function has such a side-effect...
  •  

Menion

I also respectfully disagree. The threshold parameter is part of the track, but it also reflects the quality of elevation values. The default value is set to 5, but during recording, this value changes based on current active parameters on your device (SRTM usage, pressure sensor). Using offline elevation files causes a major change in the quality of elevation values = the threshold should reflect it!
  •