[APP] - version 4.17.+ ( 5/2023 )

Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider link=msg=72344So I see immediately so that what has changed and I also see in the side panel so that they are hidden.
Actually a good idea. The brush icon could also turn red so the inexperienced user could see the connection here.

If return to map or not, idk. Eye symbol toggles don't return to map.

@Menion should vertically align the number text to the rest of the line.

@Menion: The greyed out brush on points does not allow long click - but it should: to hide embedded waypoints. I was so happy I was able to hide them 2 versions ago. So it's possible.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

CabrioTourer

Small graphical issues:

Brush dialog:
Alignment first line
Language second line

Left panel
X alignment point counters
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

T-mo

- opening of side panel has a small moment of stuck, not completely smooth
- pic expert settings - value might be strange, don't know. I better leave it like it isYou cannot view this attachment.

luce

Hello,

my 2c concerning the (cool!) new map-screen content panel:

– Map themes: The solution with the "Map themes" line appearing and hiding under the "Base map" line is good – it targets both users who like to change their map theme content via this panel and ones who don't because they do it via button panel or because they rather use LoMaps online, etc.

– Tracks & points: The solution in app version 4.17.2.2 is the best so far – the brush symbol (in contrast to the eye symbol) is intuitive.
Temporary hiding by using a long-click including the red icons appearing in the top bar is a useful feature.
Suggestions:
Similar to freischneiders idea, I also would suggest using the "30/16500" numbers as feedback after the long click, but what about graying the "30" out? Greyed out icons or words are normally understood as "inactive". That would indicate that the 30 tracks are inactive at the moment but still loaded. A second long click would display the "30" in black again
In German, "Auswahl aufheben" is a better translation to "Deselect all" (instead of "Markierung aufheben"). It also fits better into the pop-up ;)
Edit: CabrioTourer reported this already :)

– General:
It would make sense to make also the "Map shading" line hidable, because I think most users make this setting once and then don't change it very often. As for me, map shading is always activated, I don't change it ever.

All in all – great improvement, thank you!

Best,
Lucas

Tapio

Quote from: T-mo on June 22, 2023, 21:00:24- pic expert settings - value might be strange
IS strange. Minimum value of 1000 🤔
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Graf Geo on June 22, 2023, 13:13:25@ Gerhard: For me, the number of points was also not correct at first. After I have switched off all (with the new brush icon) and then have shown again several points, the number is now correct for me.
exactly same for me - I think LM & SqLite database had been out-of-sync due to LM crash(s)

Quote from: T-mo on June 22, 2023, 21:00:24- opening of side panel has a small moment of stuck, not completely smooth
for me (as previously posted) it is larger moment of "stuck" - many seconds, yes an older device sure but non-beta side panel opens immediately

Quote from: T-mo on June 22, 2023, 21:00:24- pic expert settings - value might be strange, don't know. I better leave it like it is
5000% is same on my 3 devices, strange but I believe OK

Quote from: luce on June 22, 2023, 21:22:18I also would suggest using the "30/16500" numbers as feedback after the long click, but what about graying the "30" out? Greyed out icons or words are normally understood as "inactive". That would indicate that the 30 tracks are inactive at the moment but still loaded. A second long click would display the "30" in black again
agree but with the small number font height I wonder whether grey or black will be distinguishable/ obvious?
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

luce

Quote from: Tapio on June 22, 2023, 18:27:49@Menion: The greyed out brush on points does not allow long click - but it should: to hide embedded waypoints. I was so happy I was able to hide them 2 versions ago. So it's possible.

That's right, (temporary) hiding of embedded waypoints would be a useful feature...
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 12, 2023, 22:53:20
Quote from: Menion on June 12, 2023, 19:59:25can't imagine how this may be possible. Maybe you used theme extracted, not in zip form?
@menion will test better next week, 2 devices, Only 1 with error, probably my issue.
@menion - follow-on from our older posts, I mentioned tapping the map theme button displayed an error "invalid value - mapsVector/_themes/OS Map/OS Map Day Legend.pdf". I assume this "path" is stylized, not a true Linux path. The theme ZIP full pathname is  "internal memory/Locus/mapsVector/_themes/20210225-KC2-OS Map.zip". LM4 recognizes the theme as OS Map, and the ZIP definitely has "OS Map Day Legend.pdf". So I tried renaming "20210225-KC2-OS Map.zip" to plain "OS Map.zip" but same error. Solid Explorer can open the PDF from within the ZIP file. Screen caps attached.

With the Tiramisu map theme, the legend is correctly displayed. The Tiramisu file is "20220930 Tiramisu 4.3.ZIP" so I can rule out the file name being the issue. The Tiramisu legend is specified by Tiramisu.lnk as Tiramisu/Tiramisu_3_Legend.pdf.

The OS Map V4 Day legend is specified by "OS Map V4 Day.lnk" as "mapsVector/_themes/OS Map/OS Map Day Legend.pdf" - is that the problem? The LNK file should remove "mapsVector/_themes/" i.e. simply be "OS Map/OS Map Day Legend.pdf" or are the spaces in the filename the issue?

BTW with the Voluntary V5 theme, LM is redirected to the web browser and URL kmu.files.cnow.at with error "Bad Gateway". But maybe I have an old version.
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 26, 2023, 05:16:22BTW with the Voluntary V5 theme, LM is redirected to the web browser and URL kmu.files.cnow.at with error "Bad Gateway". But maybe I have an old version.
That's an old version of Voluntary. Please install the latest Voluntary V5 Locus edition from https://voluntary.nichesite.org
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org

Menion

@Gerhard57
there seem to be some weird statistics for visible items. Do not know why this happened, but "Unload all" as suggested by @Graf Geo fix it. It is not a problem of sync with db (info for @Andrew Heard), because what is visible is help out of the database. Do not know why this happened, but because such stats were never visible till now, I never knew such issue exists  :)

@freischneider
thanks for the tips regards "hidden points & tracks", I'll improve it!

@Tapio
vertical-align - hmm few pixels off, good eyes!
long click when disabled - it is a problem and I consider the "disabled" state to be more important, sorry

@T-mo
start-up slowness ... I know about it and with a huge number of items on the list, it is hard for me now to improve it. For now ...
5000%  :-X .. thanks a lot! My bad.

@luce
Thanks for the feedback!

1. and what about simply replacing the "brush" icon with the same icon visible directly on the map screen? It does not make much sense to "Unload all points/tracks" when they are temporarily hidden.

2. German translations are out of my control. Feel free to contribute here: https://crowdin.com/project/menion/de

@Andrew Heard
I remember I was testing OS Map V4 theme and it indeed has incorrectly defined path in the "lnk" file.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on June 26, 2023, 14:06:35long click when disabled - it is a problem and I consider the "disabled" state to be more important, sorry
In order to allow hiding of all embedded waypoints, you know it was possible in first new version of the map items panel (and now isn't), please can you consider this:

a) Include hiding embedded waypoints into "Hide points" from the context menu
b) Add "Hide tracks" and "Hide points" to the data manager context menu. Currently there's only "Hide all"
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: luce on June 22, 2023, 21:22:18In German, "Auswahl aufheben" is a better translation to "Deselect all"
Agree. I have changed it, I hope. Was a bit difficult via mobile interface. Please have a look in upcoming versions.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Menion

"Hide points / tracks" exists in the app for many years, but till now it was hidden in the long-click menu of Points/tracks/data icon placed into the "Functions panel". So feel free to use it.

You mentioned many times "Embedded waypoints". By this you mean waypoints attached to tracks right? Does it really make sense to hide them together with common points? Because such waypoints are part of the track so ... I won't change it without deeper discussion ... but I would expect to show/hide them together with track!!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on June 26, 2023, 14:06:35I remember I was testing OS Map V4 theme and it indeed has incorrectly defined path in the "lnk" file.
thanks, fixed
@Karl Chick note?
  • extracted OS Map V4 Day.lnk
  • renamed .lnk to .txt (from Windows console) so can edit
  • changed mapsVector/_themes/OS Map/OS Map Day Legend.pdf to OS Map/OS Map V4 Day Legend.pdf
  • renamed back to .lnk & saved in ZIP
  • renamed (inside ZIP) OS Map Day Legend.pdf to OS Map V4 Day Legend.pdf
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on June 26, 2023, 21:22:25"Hide points / tracks" exists in the app for many years, but till now it was hidden in the long-click menu of Points/tracks/data icon placed into the "Functions panel". So feel free to use it.

You mentioned many times "Embedded waypoints". By this you mean waypoints attached to tracks right? Does it really make sense to hide them together with common points? Because such waypoints are part of the track so ... I won't change it without deeper discussion ... but I would expect to show/hide them together with track!!
I agree they're part of track and shiouldn't be hidden by "Hide Points". However, I also sometimes wish to be able to just hide a track's waypoints. Don't think a global setting is needed, but a context menu entry to temporarily hide/show waypoints of a track would be much appreciated.
  •