[APP] - version 4.17.+ ( 5/2023 )

Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

jonny.blue

QuoteVersion published, so please try it and let me know, thanks!

OK ... found the afa-version ... installed ... restored path ... and LM works.  ;)  :D
  •  

Menion

Enjoy the weekend with the new version on Google Play & new published new Beta version (with an improved map content panel).

@jonny.blue
uff  8)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Thx, I see it remembers the expand/collapse (click on <screenshot>) state of themes, even after restart LM. Good. Some of us prefer to directly access theme, some don't, so we can choose.

But, bug, after restart of LM, theme/theme option click shows no reaction. EDIT: cannot reproduce any more. hmm.

I like the behaviour of clicking themes, return back to "Map content", I think it's practical and transparent now.

Still hesitant to allow hiding more stuff? Wanted to hide layers and online LoPoi...

Counters for tracks/points, nice.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

freischneider

I like the advanced theme. But I'm still missing something. When I click on the current theme, the theme selection opens. When I select one it jumps back to the map content panel. Like before, I want to go straight to the map. It was like this...click on icon for map...click on name Options opened. I think most people want to go straight back to the map when changing a theme.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

freischneider

If I scroll down in the map content panel and then close the panel, then open it again, it still scrolled down. I would have expected it to go back up when reopened.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on June 16, 2023, 21:09:54I think most people want to go straight back to the map when changing a theme.
Not sure. But Maybe Menion could register the left area again for apply+goto map. Just like points/tracks.

Menion

Hi guys
- counter for points/tracks fixed (there were issues with incorrect values)
- left area (icon) for a quick return to the map after you select a theme > done
- "Map overlays" are now hideable
- app remember the scroll of this panel > currently intent so you may easily continue where you left. Better starting always at the top without a scroll? Hmm..

luce

I like the remembering of the scroll position, for me it should stay this way.

freischneider

In some cases it is good to keep it scrolled at this point. If I want to show something and hide it again after a few minutes. Sometimes I just scroll down to check the settings. Then it would be good if it would be on top again.
If there was a change in the invisible area then it is good if it stays like this. and if nothing was changed then it is good if it is on top again.
But I think the invisible area is different for each phone. So it is not convertible. Then let's leave it as it is now.
It would help me a lot if I could hide shading. Then I would see everything I often need. And I would have to scroll down only very rarely.
Thanks for the left area on the theme. That way I can quickly go back to the map.
  •  

Tapio

I want to temporarily hide tracks, this is now broken. I can't show them again after... hiding.

And what does it do? Hide: no? Rather unload I guess? This is not what is expected here. Here we need a quick show/hide toggle.
The counter of loaded tracks stays as is, after refresh ui it goes to 0.

The behaviour of prior version was perfect for me. A dialog window is wrong here.

Solution. Eye symbol: short tap = show/hide. Longtap: unload all. If none are loaded, bring up track manager.

Andrew Heard

>I want to temporarily hide tracks, this is now broken

@tapio - well spotted, I hadn't realized - yes, that change is of no use at all to me; the previous "global override" was already perfect
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

The current system for hiding of points & tracks has changed. Temporary hiding may be confusing for most of users and it is not clear at all.

So the change is, that a simple tap, after confirmation, completely unloads all points or tracks of the map > so it simply clear loaded on the map permanently.

If you want quick access to temporary hiding, which is from my point of view more "geeky" feature, use a long click!

•  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on June 20, 2023, 13:04:09If you want quick access to temporary hiding, which is from my point of view more "geeky" feature, use a long click!
...Long click on the track manager button, which I removed, because it is accessible enough via Map Items.

I disagree. The eye symbols in Map Items offer quick, welcome, expected and convenient toggles and you removed the convenience. Which was finally usable and within good reach. "Nobody" 😁 uses longclick-hide.

And you removed the possibility to FINALLY hide embedded waypoints. My tracks are full of them, it helps for overview purposes.

Also there must be some kind of bug, I managed to show tracks and at the same time the top right "tracks hidden" symbol was shown.

Maybe you should use the term "My points" in the map items panel for more clarity (I mean the user poi in the database)

freischneider

The previous version for fading in and out tracks was better. I have faded in tracks in different folders.
Now I want to hide them all for a short time so that I have a clean map. I click once on it and all are hidden. I click again and the old state is restored. I had left certain tracks faded in, because I still want to do something here. Now the state is broken. I do not know which they were. I have 40 folders and 10000 tracks.

T-mo

the previous point/track visibility toogle was perfect.

Only downside was a state dependent case: visibility state was set to 'not show', and then you decide to enable single points or tracks. Then of course you won't recognise your changes until you decide to toogle the visibility back to 'show'.
Well at least this could be irritating if there's only 1 point or track and you wonder why it can can be seen AND you are missing the current state in map-screen menu.
maybe a rare scenario, though happened to me

Solution could be to toogle visibility  to 'show' in case of 'not show' during event 'enabling points or tracks'. Maybe only with point/track count 1.