wanderreitkarte not available in online maps!

Started by lox, April 21, 2023, 08:17:35

lox

Greetings!

I'm using the latest version of Locus 3 Pro and recently I got myself a new phone. On the old phone I mostly used already dowloaded wanderreitkarte which is absolutely awesome, by far the best outdoors map I could find, for Norway at least ... didn't really bother to backup offline maps so that ship has sailed ...

On the new phone I tried to download wanderreitkarte again, but when I go to online maps, and try to find it, I just can't!

Is this map simply not available in Locus 3 Pro anymore? How about Locus 4?
I hope it is, since this is the only map that has it all! (for outdoors)

https://www.wanderreitkarte.de/
  •  

freischneider

Try the Openandromaps as an offline map. The theme corresponding theme Elevate. If you call OAM on the phone, there is a direct link for Locus in OAM. Just go to the corresponding map on the +.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lox

lox

Quote from: freischneider on April 21, 2023, 09:14:05Try the Openandromaps as an offline map. The theme corresponding theme Elevate. If you call OAM on the phone, there is a direct link for Locus in OAM. Just go to the corresponding map on the +.

Thanks for the tip, but I can't find it when I search in Locus Online maps! I tried both OAM and OpenAndroMaps ... but nothing comes up ... there is something called openptmap, but that's most probably not it. Can you please check?

Btw. do you know why wanderreitkarte is not available anymore?
  •  

Tapio

Freischneider is talking about OFFLINE maps from openandromaps.org. A good advice.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

Hello lox,
any vector maps are of course perfect choice anyway Wanderreit maps are still available in the Locus Classic under "OSM - Outdoor" section.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lox

lox

Quote from: Tapio on April 23, 2023, 19:23:48Freischneider is talking about OFFLINE maps from openandromaps.org. A good advice.

Thanks, got it. It is really good! :)

Quote from: Menion on April 24, 2023, 09:35:22Hello lox,
any vector maps are of course perfect choice anyway Wanderreit maps are still available in the Locus Classic under "OSM - Outdoor" section.

Thanks a lot Menion! I just missed it somehow :)

I will use it in tandem with the openandromaps elevate one :)
  •