[APP] - version 4.15.+ ( 3/2023 )

Started by Menion, March 08, 2023, 13:25:43

slarti76

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 15, 2023, 04:27:49I'd like to see the phone accelerometer used for motion/ stopped detection.
Wasn't that tried, and it turned out it couldn't be done reliably due to Google?
  •  

balloni55

V4.15.1.2
if i enable LoPoints (online) and/or LoPoints (offline)
> click on POI and slide opening window
> after ~3sec FC

Edit:
open a geocache and slide opening window
> after ~3sec FC
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

Quote from: slarti76 on March 15, 2023, 10:20:28
Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 15, 2023, 04:27:49I'd like to see the phone accelerometer used for motion/ stopped detection.
Wasn't that tried, and it turned out it couldn't be done reliably due to Google?
@slarti76 - I think @Menion used an Android API to access motion status, but not specifically the accelerometer. I have 2 other apps - motion-based bike alarm, and ZTest sensors test which both work perfectly well for detecting when stopped.

main suggestion https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/improved-stop-detection-and-distance-calculation-with-a-speed-sensor, idea from 4 years ago, 24 votes, menion last wrote 1.5 years ago about major sensor rewrite...
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Another two tiny issues, with a major consequences, were found and fixed:
- on some devices, the app did not record any points (because of problematic detection of correct point precision)
- and also someone may suffer from slow GPX import

Uff, so another version was published. This one was not planned and already contains more untested code than I would like. Anyway, it's out ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Menion, in the hidden state, I noticed the bottom bar (Always visible) behaves differently depending on how the zoom buttons are set (Always show/Auto hide).

I think, Locus should use the second layout if no center button visible. But if we hide the center button, it picks the first layout and leaves this big notch where the button was before.

My guess is, you have accidentally linked the second layout to the Zoom buttons instead of the centering button.

I have applied below settings via a preset.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

luce

4.15.2:
Great update with pointer directing at an active point and improved weather forecast, thank you!
Best, Lucas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Quote from: luce on March 19, 2023, 09:54:524.15.2:
Great update with pointer directing at an active point
Do you have a screenshot? I have no clue what this is about; in what context do we have "active points"?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

luce

Quote from: Tapio on March 19, 2023, 10:14:24Do you have a screenshot? I have no clue what this is about; in what context do we have "active points"?

Hi, i've made a Screen Cap Video:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AredTfs4J1f5gu5kazAzPtRydwnEtQ
Best, Lucas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Tapio

•  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

slarti76

Something I noticed again recently, but I think it's been like that for a while:
On my tab (Galaxy Tab S5e), Locus shows the track and point details as panel on the right in landscape, which is good. In portrait, however, tracks are shown on the bottom (good!), but points on the right, taking 50% of the screen (with only a few lines of text and lots of white space) - really bad!
Is that intentional or a bug?
  •  

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Menion on March 14, 2023, 13:08:47@CabrioTourer
Navigation commands > should be hidden. If they aren't it usually means, that for some reason, the connection between the track and these waypoints breaks and they are no longer considered as navigation points, but ordinary waypoints. ... ah, seems you find this. The question is why and how this happened.
It's the same reason why sometimes the shaping points lost. You remember. The loonnng time issue we never found and were not able to reproduce it.
This time I'm a bit sure it depend on not enough memory. I edited a tour in tour planner on medirore tablet. Exit Tour planner without saving. Did something else which resulted in a Locus crash. (I guess bcs not enough memory. Same thing works on my flagship smartphone without problem but crashes often on tablet)
Somewhere in this scenario the shaping points are lost and navigation commands lost there tour connection.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

CabrioTourer

Another topic.
Because it's not possible to change email address in Locus I want to start Premium from scratch.
This time the funny thing without Google.

First issue is. The payment without Google is very hidden inside the FAQ. Every direct way uses Google. Looks like self payment without Google is "not wanted".

Therefor I tried the hard way. Added a new account. Open FAQ, Goto voucher Website. Selected to buy a gold premium voucher for myself. Selected paypal. It opened paypal website not in my standard browser. I guess via Android Webview?

Not ideal bcs I have some security concerns. (Second point on my issue list)

Just decided that Locus should be a good guy. Entered email and passwort and Site asked for second factor.

Now the third issue. Changed to Authenticator App to get the code. Now there is no way to go back to entering the code in Webview. Recent App list shows Locus but not the Webview paypal page.
I found no way to go back. At least when I stick to one device usage.

How this should work? Is it something special on my smartphone (Android 13, AOSP)
or a not tested scenario?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: CabrioTourer on March 26, 2023, 15:06:57This time I'm a bit sure it depend on not enough memory. I edited a tour in tour planner on medirore tablet.
Awww,the headaches are back again 😁
And my impression was, it's some database issue. Maintainance and something gets lost there? Loss of shaping points is happening with older tracks mostly. They seem to age badly.
  •  

Menion

@Tapio
the layout of the bottom panel starting to be too complicated :). I'll look at it, thanks

@luce
hmm, one more remaining issue with weather > forecast after 10 pm for "tomorrow" does not display full tomorrow day. So one more fix ...

@CabrioTourer
Thanks for the feedback!

1. issue: it is hidden because we can't inform users in the app published on Google Play about the option to purchase the app out of Google Play!! Simple, logical, and limiting ...

2. open the FAQ made over the Chrome tag. It may look like an internal app view, but it isn't, it is a virtual browser provided by the installed Chrome browser.

3. this issue is complicated. When you choose a Locus Map, it should display again the last app screen, that is in your case web page with the voucher purchase. It does not work like this? .... I'm testing it and it works correctly for me!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on March 21, 2023, 20:39:23Something I noticed again recently, but I think it's been like that for a while:
On my tab (Galaxy Tab S5e), Locus shows the track and point details as panel on the right in landscape, which is good. In portrait, however, tracks are shown on the bottom (good!), but points on the right, taking 50% of the screen (with only a few lines of text and lots of white space) - really bad!
Is that intentional or a bug?
@menion, no answer?
  •