Transform track into route

Started by Veonbsc, March 18, 2023, 10:57:57

Veonbsc

Hi,

I'm planning on LM a multi day unsupported bikepacking race. There's a fixed route I have to follow. I need to find the best spots for the night but it hard to plan the daily distance as this is also dependent on the surface type. I know that in LM the surface type is only shown in routes calculated with LoRouter.
The question is: What is the best way to recalculate a long +600km fixed track with LoRouter? Redrawing point by point is extremely inconvenient.

Thank you for your help  :)

Than you
  •  

freischneider

Import the track into a folder in Locus. Make a copy and name it with reference. As line style give it a different color. Now activate it so that it is displayed. Eye active.
Then load the original route into the route planner with Change Route. Then save it there.
Since you see the refernz there, you can check if there is a deviation. You can adjust it if necessary. You can also split the route and save the individual daily stages.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Veonbsc

Veonbsc

This works quite well so far. The track leads only unfortunately partly on paths that LoRouter simply does not want to plan, no matter which profile I select. Therefore, I have to redraw many paths manually. Not ideal, but I get along.
  •  

freischneider

This is not due to LoRouter but to BRouter. LoRouter uses this for routing. And this takes OSM data for the calculation. If in OSM private road is entered or something else. Possibly also incorrectly deposited data Then the router can not go along there. Therefore, it is also important to keep OSM data up to date and to correct errors. The best way to do this is in the Home Zone. I also do this on the road when I have time.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

If you use an existing track within LoRouter then there is most likely track points very regularly & so making a route change will be very tedious as the points are effectively shaping points. It could be better to make a track visible then use LoRouter as a new route & just "trace" over the track, adding shaping or via points to keep the route identical to the track. BRouter web handles this situation far nicer.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •