[APP] - version 4.15.+ ( 3/2023 )

Started by Menion, March 08, 2023, 13:25:43

Radim V

Time for routing development is coming, I keep notes on this.
Quote from: lor74cas on March 10, 2023, 18:33:06I remember this
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8235.msg69978#msg69978
2 months and 2 versions ago and still not solved.

I tried the openstreetmap planner and all the possible profiles (Valhalla, OSRM, GraphHopper) they allow passage on the military road while locus does not.

@Radim V
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Mick FU

Hi everyone,
About backup system, would it make sense and possible to consider to backup external sensors settings (paired with Locus)?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: luce on March 13, 2023, 12:23:41I would like to add Management of Track Waypoints as No. 5.
Yes, please don't forget about this. There's a bunch of improvements needed here, many very basic (it's not even possible to multi-select and delete trackpoints!)

Tapio

Hi, isn't there a way to not have LM import additional properties from gpx, like links? See screenshot.

And furthermore, there is no way to remove them with Locus.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

CabrioTourer

Should these navigation commands

You cannot view this attachment.

not be disabled by this switch?

In case switch is for somerhing else. How can I turn off these symbols on map without disabling navigation commands in route planner?

Ah. Looks like these commands are left overs from old versions of the track and not longer part of the track.
Reroute the track doesn't help but they can be deleted manually one by one.
  •  

CabrioTourer

Here it's good to see:

•  

T-mo

seems like text-parsing of gpx-import isn't fully working
similar to this behaviour https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5065.0
maybe Tapio's result is also due to this?
  •  

luce

Quote from: slarti76 on March 13, 2023, 13:06:41(it's not even possible to multi-select and delete trackpoints!)
... or to embed multiple waypoints into a track at once.

Menion

@luce
Improved sharing & generally better work with points & tracks at once ... this is something we started work on last year, also because of the new iOS version. Not sure if results will be available this year on Android, but for sure next year and it will be a really nice big change ... you will see  ;)

@Mick FU
settings of paired sensors are already backed in the "Backup of settings". There is most probably the problem in restoration, that the app may not always correctly detect sensors under the old known "ID". So it is harder to solve.

@Tapio
long click to delete attachments does not work? Anyway, there is no way to exclude links automatically. You may edit GPX manually ...

@CabrioTourer
Navigation commands > should be hidden. If they aren't it usually means, that for some reason, the connection between the track and these waypoints breaks and they are no longer considered as navigation points, but ordinary waypoints. ... ah, seems you find this. The question is why and how this happened.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

luce

I found a reproducible bug in current version 4.15.0:

Buttons that are normally shown in the side bar are incorrectly displayed in the bottom bar after following the steps shown in the video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AredTfs4J1f5gu5em-KdKUBg1UJ82A

The bug occurs after turning my phone from portrait to landscape and back while looking at the detailed height profile.

Settings file attached.

Best, Lucas
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on March 14, 2023, 13:08:47@Tapio
long click to delete attachments does not work?
No. There's no way to remove any kind of URL.
  •  

Menion

@luce
I'm rotating with the phone like crazy and no problem as you have, interesting. When you open different screen, like GPS/skyplot, any points/tracks/manager, rotates and return back > no problem or is it same in all cases?

@Tapio
ah, it is a track. Hmm, track support attachments only partially. It allows to import links and display them, but there is no option to simply add/remove/edit them. Sorry  :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

luce

I tried different screens now, I used different tracks for testing – nothing. Only the height profile produces this issue...  :-\
  •  

Andrew Heard

Asking us beta users for top suggestions is nice/ kind but I don't think we are representitive of the average LM user. I'd like to see the phone accelerometer used for motion/ stopped detection. There is a long standing help topic with lots of votes & @menion wrote it was being considered.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

I think the app must become more attractive for Geocaching. I'm personally not interested in it, also I guess Menion doesn't do it. But they are a big and important community. [Removed Apple bashing]