Pay LM4 with LoCoins

Started by Tapio, February 27, 2023, 09:07:29

Tapio

Hi,

by the end of March I will need a new subscription and my LoCoins stack up. I know "Payment via Locoins" has been worked on, but I do not find anything related in the software. So, will it be possible? How?

thx
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

Hi Tapio,
thanks for never-ending help & support, amazing :).

To enable still hidden purchases over LoCoins, it is necessary to open Expert settings and enable the "Premium for LoCoins" option. Then you should see also an offer for LoCoints in the main purchase screen.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

With my help, which is currently more of asking for improvement and suggestions, you can never be unemployed 😁
Thanks, it was already turned on by me... currently the screen only writes about EUR. Maybe Locoins appear the moment when I can purchase.
  •  

balloni55

in your screenshot there are both english and german words, which language is selected in locus?
I guess you also have to end your subscription then another button "more purchase options" appears and there the purchase option > Locoins will be visibleYou cannot view this attachment.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Yes, as @balloni55 wrote. Option with LoCoins should be visible at the bottom.

Two translations: texts for items are defined directly on Google. So you have most probably Google Play/device set to German and Locus Map to English right? Little mess, and hard to solve till Locus Map will offer language selection.
  •  

Tapio

Yes Menion, OS/Play is german, Locus is EN.
@Both: I found why it shows no Locoins. As the expert settings say: "IF ENOUGH LOCOINS ARE AVAILABLE".

The system is not optimal because now I can see with my Locoins I can already buy silver, but I don't see how much is needed for gold (I know it is written somewhere in the forum)

"Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil", as the saying goes... 😁
  •  

Menion

What do you mean by "don't see how much is needed for gold"? You see only the "Silver for LoCoins" item in the "Silver" tab, but not the same for Gold?
  •  

freischneider

I think he means the same as I do. The payment with LoCoins is only offered if you activate expert settings. But even then only if you have enough LoCoins. If you have too few, it is not offered.
That's how it is with me right now. But I do not know how much I still have to buy.
At the moment I have the beta and with it I can't make any purchases. I hope that this month still comes an official version.

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Menion

Understand, but can't find any reason why this should happen. Did you tapped on the "More purchase options" button? Because there is no limitation "Display only if the user has enough LoCoins"!
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on March 07, 2023, 11:22:13Understand, but can't find any reason why this should happen. Did you tapped on the "More purchase options" button?
Of course we did. Only if the slider is on Silver it shows Locoin payment. I'm having 1300 LC.

How many LC are needed for Gold? I think it was ~2300
EDIT: Menions Screenshot says 2099
  •  

Menion

Hi, ah I see. It is a problem on our server that does not send Gold subs item in case, user does not have enough LoCoins, we will fix it, thanks.

Tapio

New subscription with LoCoins yesterday, it just all worked flawlessly, was a matter of 10 seconds.

Menion

Thanks, guys a lot, appreciate it!

I still think that I should pay You here and not the opposite. Will have to do something with it  :)
  •  

alick

I have a load of Play credit about to expire, so intend to convert it to Lo Coins and pay my subscription renewal with that in November when it is due. Do I have to cancel my subscription in order to do that?
  •  

voldapet

@alick
...good question. To be honest we aren't very familiar with Google Play Credit but according to https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6080850 it may be possible to buy also subscription with Google Play Credit

Check if your country allows you to pay for your subscription using your Google Play balance/credit. Google Play should prioritize your GP balance on your next renewal. This means you don't need to take any additional steps, you can keep your subscription active and Google Play will use the balance for your next renewal.

I would rather suggest setting the Google Play balance as the default payment method (Google Play > Menu > Tap Payments & subscriptions and then Payment methods and then Google Play balance.)

Anyway, you can contact us in November and we can refund your payment if the GP balance is not used, and we would focus on dealing with locoins...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: alick