[APP] - version 4.14.+ ( 1/2023 )

Started by Menion, January 18, 2023, 13:54:54

T-mo

Honestly, I don't use LoPoints as the whole UI-experience gives me more stress than something of use.
But LoPoints-rework is already somewhere on 2do IIRC.

Nevertheless, using new MF4-maps and LoPoints-offline and going for 'Points around' and doing this twice seems to give me doubled results, the icons are slightly different with outline and shadow and without.

edit: doubled entries are given if additionally the eye in menu is enabled. Btw would expect to have points not shown at all if eye is disabled
edit2: might be due to other .dB available in other folders

beta 4.14.2.4
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: T-mo on March 01, 2023, 19:53:55Honestly, I don't use LoPoints as the whole UI-experience gives me more stress than something of use.
But LoPoints-rework is already on top of 2do IIRC.

Nevertheless, using new MF4-maps and LoPoints-offline and going for 'Points around' and doing this twice seems to give me doubled results, the icons are slightly different with outline and shadow and without.

edit: doubled entries are given if additionally the eye in menu is enabled. Btw would expect to have points not shown at all if eye is disabled
edit2: might be due to other .dB available in other folders

beta 4.14.2.4
do you use OAM ? I also had double points because OAM also places the points database in the automatic DL. You get then LoPoi and OAM Poi displayed. OAM Poi but unfortunately you can not hide. It goes only with database delete. But you have to do that again with every update.
Here the user interface would have to be extended to be able to show and hide OAM Poi.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

T-mo

Quote from: freischneider on March 01, 2023, 20:14:59do you use OAM ? I also had double points because OAM also places the points database in the automatic DL. You get then LoPoi and OAM Poi displayed. OAM Poi but unfortunately you can not hide. It goes only with database delete. But you have to do that again with every update.
Here the user interface would have to be extended to be able to show and hide OAM Poi.
Oh yes, I do.
But each .map.db-combo in its folder.
OAM-Germany_north
.map
.db
LoMap-MF4
.map
.db

I assume 'points around' and eye-symbol are controlling taken db and visibility differently.
  •  

CabrioTourer

@Menion : My issue is solved. I installed newest Elevate from OAM. I don't know which version I had before. Shouldn't be that old but who knows.

I tried it on a second device with same result. With old elevate I have this issue. With new one it's solved.
Just that you know.
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.14.2.4 beta: my existing presets have every possible setting visible. When I duplicate a preset the visibility of these non-default settings is ignored. The map theme & dashboard also appears to revert to the default.

The duplicated preset name in the list is the same as the original but when the duplicate is renamed it has "- copy" appended - inconsistent.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
hmm back button to the menu ... it is something I'm not perfectly OK with. The list of functions, even if it looks like a full screen, is closing when any function starts (like a small dialog). So "back" has nowhere to return. And I personally never had a problem with it.

@CabrioTourer
auto-loading: I saw something like this before as well. Hard to say if I'll be able to help, we will see :)
Ah solved with the theme. Interesting!

@Tapio
by default, LoPoints scale with the "Magnify all maps" value. You may overwrite this setting with the "LoPoint icon size" settings. The fact that points do not scale with "Zoom lock" is correct from my point of view. With the next (new) LoMaps, points won't be visible directly on the map at all, so what you see (scaled point in the map & active point above) won't happen anymore.

@T-mo & @freischneider
I plan to re-work online&offline LoPoints system in the next months (unite & simplify), thanks for your patience.

@Andrew Heard
Sorry, it was task 5-minutes before release and I've not tested it properly, my bad. Will look at it!
Anyway what is the problem with naming? Simple " - copy" in the end should be improved?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

I noticed inconsistencies in the display of below recording icon. Screenshot was taken after recording has ended. I also saw the opposite: no rec icon while Locus was recording. Can anything be done about it? Android 10 here.
You cannot view this attachment.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Interesting. Never seen a such problem and can't imagine what to do with it, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on March 03, 2023, 08:31:07@lor74cas
hmm back button to the menu ... it is something I'm not perfectly OK with. The list of functions, even if it looks like a full screen, is closing when any function starts (like a small dialog). So "back" has nowhere to return. And I personally never had a problem with it.

you didn't have any problems because you are the developer  ;D and you don't explore the functions of the app like a normal user, or a forgetful like me. I often navigate the locus menus and to do that I start from "all the function" and when I go back I expect to go back to the previous window instead of being slammed on the map, it's not pleasant.
You can always say it's a feature and not a bug, but that claim has been used in the past to little effect  ::)
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on March 03, 2023, 08:31:07Sorry, it was task 5-minutes before release and I've not tested it properly, my bad. Will look at it!
Anyway what is the problem with naming? Simple " - copy" in the end should be improved?
@menion - no worries at all - it's a beta. After duplicating, there are 2 presets with the same name in the list - confusing? The 2nd should have "- copy" appended?
  •  

Tapio

@Menion - Presets aren't part of the "config only" backup - I was shocked and surprised! They absolutely should be in. The config backup is pretty bare-bones. IMO also Brouter profiles should be in. And dashboards. And interpolators.

It's all settings, it's all result of our time investment, it's all small. I think it already was in.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Andrew Heard

@tapio are you really sure about Presets? I'm shocked too! How can you/ I check? Totally agree if that's true. I thought this was discussed & improved not long ago - recall @menion was copying RD5 files (or only in full backup?) & the ZIP was suddenly much larger. The backup screen could also have a question mark icon that when tapped sumarizes precisely what is & isn't backed up.

When I do a settings backup then restore, the screen has a single checkbox for "settings", which suggests it was intended for future expansion - didn't it used to have other checkboxes?
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Tapio

@Andrew, I guess Menion messed something up last time. Yes we discussed it, Menion added stuff I suggested (brouter profiles) to the full backup, but accidentally? removed from the config only backup.
How check? Look into the backup zip in <see path in screenshot, Android 10>. Screenshot: data folder inside of zip.

Andrew Heard

Yes, of course, and the more I think about it, the more I'm sure there were many checkboxes to select what to restore. So this is a very important bug you've found.
  •  

T-mo

maybe we need backup-presets.. ;D just need to drop this joke

(sure, backup 'settings only' should to be closer to 'full' but without \data\database as some configurations are missing)