How to change the color of Map scale

Started by Abi, February 03, 2023, 07:09:30

Abi

Hi all,
do you know how to change the color of Map scale ?
I also want to make the line thicker.

Thank you.
  •  

Menion

Hi Abi,
scale bar can't be currently modified. I'm open to updating it's design if more people consider certain changes useful (that is usually a problem).

Do you have a screenshot that shows a problem with the visibility of this scale bar?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Abi

Hi Menion,
I use the app on my mobile phone for helping me during driving on the city roads. Sometimes I look at the Map scale to get a rough estimate of how far a certain location from my position. Honestly I am having a difficulty to read the number of the Map scale. It will be helpul if I can make the number larger and with different color.

Thank you.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
thanks for the screenshot!
This is a complicated map so understand that the scale bar has the worst visibility. Anyway as I look at it, I see no simple solution how to improve readability without adding extra settings here.

Are you aware of any other options for how to quickly measure distance? Usually most useful is "Cursor to position line" (Settings > Maps > Auxiliary graphics) and "Two finger measuring" (Settings > Display > Map screen). Both may help to get quickly distance between two points.
  •  

Abi

Thanks Menion for the advice.

I think sometime it is not easy to operate the phone while driving since you will be distracted from watching the busy traffic around you.

I guess I will make my map as simple as possible by displaying only the necessary information ... just major roads and the road I am driving.

•  

svartbjorn

What about using Distance rings? However, as far as I have figured out, the colour and thivkness of these rings are fixed? Correct Menion? I wish these two parameters could be user defined to make them more visible.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: svartbjorn on February 28, 2023, 16:01:00What about using Distance rings? However, as far as I have figured out, the colour and thivkness of these rings are fixed? Correct Menion? I wish these two parameters could be user defined to make them more visible.
Change color is possible in expert settings. You may need to enable them via longtap main hamburger menu.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

svartbjorn

I am using LM4 and I have been using expert mode since day 1. When I go through all thge menues, I do not find any Expert setting anywhere in LM4. Could you please guide me to the right place in the menues?
  •  

Andrew Heard

Long tap hamburger menu to enable expert in settings. But what is the setting named @menion - I can't find it either.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

svartbjorn

AAhh - now I got it! Thank you all. I first didn't understand what you ment with "Hamburger Menu" - finally my brain understood. Good expression! I realized I haven't been in "Expert" mode with LM4. Anyway - I changed the text size and most important - the Background color - for the distance rings. The background color made a huge improvement to visibility.

By the way, Menion: LM4 is amazing! You probably don't remember me, but we had very good communication many years ago about features in Locus Map Classic. LM4 is really worth the annual fee. Thank you so much to you and your team!!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

ahh my confusion - discussion moved from original topic of Map Scale to Distance Rings.

although I used the term Hamburger Menu, it is a very english-centric slang term so not as useful in other languages; not sure of anything from an official Style Guide though? What does the Locus official doco refer to this button as?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Simply "Main menu button" is ok ;)

@svartbjorn sure I remember. Welcome back  ;).
And amazing ... thanks. I'll probably never be satisfied so can't fully agree, but yes, some nice features are there compare to Classic and some are in preparation (for example now we are finishing completely new search system, uff) :D