[APP] - version 4.14.+ ( 1/2023 )

Started by Menion, January 18, 2023, 13:54:54

Agus

Quote from: joeloc on February 23, 2023, 13:30:20
Quote from: freischneider on February 21, 2023, 12:41:47I think they are exaggerating a bit here. Why do they always have the screen on ? Normally they are hiking or biking and look at the path. On Locus you look only if you need information. So the screen can stay off 70% of the time.
Exaggerating? I can assure you the permanently burnt in locus on our screens is very real, on multiple phones meanwhile. And Locus is not even configured to be always on, I'd estimate around 3-4 hours total at full brightness each day (on bicycle handlebars). That's apparently enough to kill displays in less than a year. Affected so far: Samsung Galaxy S10+, S20FE, S22Ultra. Next in line waiting for Locus tattoo: S23Ultra.

Obviously this is a "power user scenario" that won't affect too many people. But why kill displays if you don't have to? Software counter measures (ui pixel shifting) should be rather simple.

Alternatively, should Locus warn people with a huge red alert when your screen on time exceeds 2 hours for the day? "DEAR USER, PLEASE TURN ME OFF, YOU'RE USING ME WRONG" :-)

I have a 3 years old mobile with Amoled screen. During all that time I use it 21 hours a week with screen on in Locus Map. The screen is perfect.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Serious problem for me, recent beta. Track save Intent not working. Anyone? Tasker is heavily developed as well rn, lots to sort out because Google, so, idk who's to blame.

tasks: { track_record  : { action: "stop", auto_save: true } }
Just one action in this task. Run it in Tasker. The recording continues. Android 10.

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8kdDIMDeveQcQfRglam%2Fah1mTW%2FWcg05FZ39c0i1q%2F77iY3E7cIwxCkXqJTaTA%3D&id=Task%3ASaveRecLocus

EDIT: I noticed, I had to bring LM4 to front, ie. fully load it. Then saving via intent worked. Usually that was not necessary. Just fire recording start and save via intent, no need to bring up the full UI.

Ooh, since I use automation, but it doesn't stop the recording, it creates a new track on every intent firing. See screenshot.

You cannot view this attachment.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Just a quick info from me > sorry for the delay in answers this week. After 10 years, we were moving to the new office (again in Prague), so this week was more about this than some useful work. Next week will be better and I'll for sure answer all questions & problems. Thanks for understanding and have a nice weekend!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

T-mo

installed latest beta 4.14.2.3
all fine and smooth
I am using AFA with maps and themes at
(internal)sdcard/Locus/
So far only OAM-vector with Elevate-theme, voluntaryUK-theme and activeRT5, and some Mobac-rasters, so quite simple setup

no doubled entries btw

plan is to checkout situation with Lomaps and MF-theme next
  •  

Menion

@joeloc
with Locus Map 4, you may hide everything except @ symbol. And this one will be semi-transparent with the next app version. This is ok, isn't it?

Downloading speed for OAM maps: hard to say. I've increased mentioned buffer a little, so let me know if it helps. Anyway, everything on the background is quite new so there should be no software slowdown.

@CabrioTourer
auto-load of V4 maps does not work? Hmm ... (after some testing) ... it worked before?? Do not understand how this was possible. Anyway, I've found a method how to make it work so the next version.

Important: because the next LoMaps will be also based on the V4 theme, I've improved the auto-loading system. The app will auto-load only LoMaps when the base map is LoMap and the opposite. So it won't do a mess by auto-loading incorrect maps (maps with different content & theme). Needs testing though.

@Andrew Heard
Duplication of presets > oki, next version

@Tapio
intent to start recording: blame Google! Anyway  ;) ... check app is not battery optimized. Probably best to open the side track recording panel. There should be no!! blue box that informs about battery optimization. Then it should work.

---

New version with some fixes tomorrow.

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on February 28, 2023, 14:32:22@Tapio
intent to start recording: blame Google! Anyway  ;) ... check app is not battery optimized. Probably best to open the side track recording panel.
No, not batt. optimized. It's the Save intent btw. I'm using a workaround now. First "app start locus map", then fire the intent... it is a bit ugly, but reliably saves.
  •  

CabrioTourer

@Menion
You mean auto load shouldn't work? Never had a issue with it.
I could even reproduce it. In newest Locus it doesn't work. Back to 2.1 it works.

Ivm living near a map border. Would be a big mess to switch back and force all the time. Thanks that you had a look.
  •  

Andrew Heard

trivial: Locus store top left side icon flickers while downloading map - see attached video
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

lor74cas

HI,
I noticed that several forms have the back button <- but in fact they don't go back to the previous form but exit completely.
Therefore:
for buttons <-- the forms should go back to the previous form
or
they should be modified with X to indicate the exit.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

New Beta version 4.14.2.4 just uploaded.

---

@lor74cas
This is a topic I was thinking about a few weeks ago. First, currently best solution I have, is in the weather screen. Cross button in the top-left that always closes the screen + hardware back allowing return from detail to full overview or close also.

Which screen has currently a major problems?

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on March 01, 2023, 11:06:49New Beta version 4.14.2.4 just uploaded.

---

@lor74cas
This is a topic I was thinking about a few weeks ago. First, currently best solution I have, is in the weather screen. Cross button in the top-left that always closes the screen + hardware back allowing return from detail to full overview or close also.

Which screen has currently a major problems?
all-> general->  any sub screen / do not go back to General with back button
all-> map tools -> any sub screen / do not go back to MAP TOOLS with back button
ALL -> TRACK -> TRACK MANAGER ...
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: Tapio on March 01, 2023, 13:06:20MFV4 Lomaps.
b) When will they be in the store?
AFAIK Menion tried to cover all reg. this in a separate thread
LoMaps + MapsForge V4
See the google-drive-link over there for available maps
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

CabrioTourer

@Menion auto load: Nope sorry. Still a problem.
Strange thing is that some elements are partly there. Don't know if it was the same with prev Beta.

See Screenshot. Zoom in/out doesn't help
  •  

Tapio

I noticed the online/offline Lopoints are really small. If things are too small, maybe the elderly amongst us forgot their glasses, we can use Zoom Lock.

Shouldn't the Lopoint vector overlays scale according to the zoom lock? In my screenshot, the zoomlock zoom is at 300%.

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

CabrioTourer

Could it be that auto load is in fact an drawing algorithm issue?

I tested the following. I use newest beta. I go to an border and zoom in/out. Nothing happens. I see very small parts from the "outer" map. The part with selected map is fine.
I stop Locus and install 2.1.
After start I see exactly the same picture. The selected map is fully drawn. The other map only very few small parts.

Now I zoom in/out. Takes a while but after some sec it draws all.

Install again newest beta. Partly shown map. Zoom in/out doesn't update the non selected map. Even other parts are not drawn
Check bottom half of the Screenshot in post above.Looks a bit like drawing algorithm stopped completely.
  •