map to preset 👍👍👍👍👍 well done :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on February 03, 2023, 20:22:26Search in "All functions" is independent on the search in "Settings". For now ...
@Menion - OK no worries - but I would expect as a dumb user that a search from "All functions" or "Setting" would both find typed word "backup" right?

Can you also please explain meaning of new acronym "(LMA)" in release notes?
You cannot view this attachment.

New Map Source in Presets: very minor, but it would be nice after exit from display of "Map source" screen, that scroll position in presets list is preserved like every other dialog rather than a reset to top of presets list.

Routing Data Downloader: I may have reported this before: sometimes with zoom & pan, the already selected tiles are not correctly displayed:
but now after very slight pan, the grid & tile color coding is gone:

Cloud Sync: when track is saved on the website/ cloud, then device will get this popup, but does this 30 seconds make sense? and wording "DEV:..." sounds more like an internal programmer message:
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

CabrioTourer

Quote from: balloni55 on February 03, 2023, 20:56:32V 4.14.2.1
map to preset 👍👍👍👍👍 well done :)

That's great.
@Menion
May I ask if you can add the long tap map to presets, too? This would be awesome.

Tapio

New beta, great. Map source in presets, bottom panel working again, thank you.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Žajdlík Josef

Hi Menion, how to set up a position sharing in the Osm GO! app? For example, if I want to add a new point (Lopoint) at Osm Go! According to the photo shown in Locus.
And one more question. Would it be possible to add the item: "Assign to Lopoint" to the Photo menu in Locus? It would make it easier to add photos to the Lopoints, which after creating at Osm GO! Displays in Locus after a few days.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
Search > unite results is currently technically impossible, sorry. Anyway there are voices in our team, to fully unite "All functions" and "Settings". Can't imagine how to do it thought  :D

(LMA) in release notes > ignore for now. It is the shortcut for "Locus Map only". I'm just trying to simplify my work by writing single "News" page that will modify correctly if visible in the Locus Map or Locus Classic apps.

Scroll in Presets > improved, thanks.

Invisible tiles in downloader > sorry for this. This is anyway a problem in the app most probably since begin. It is an issue on the -180/180 longitude border and I was not able to find a solution on it. For now ...

"Sync message" > it is enabled in the Beta version for testing anyway oki, time to disable it. And 30 seconds? It makes sense to me. It is an internal parameter of how long the app waits till the moment any change in data is detected, till synchronization starts.

@CabrioTourer
Presets > https://help.locusmap.eu/search/tag:presets

@Žajdlík Josef
I do not know about any method how to simply send the location to OSMGo for adding a new point. This is probably a task on me, to contact this app developer and discuss any options.

Adding photos to LoPoints, this is task on @Marek Scholtz anyway this is close to the topic you created on the help desk. We've discussed it in the office next week and we agree there is a space for improvements, we were not yet able to find out any universal solution. Thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

baegas

Beta version 4.14.2.1

The VDOP values refresh in the dashboard just fine
Thank you
  •  

baegas

The normally connected ntrip server is not connected
Can't find mount point
I don't know if it's a server problem, so I connected to another ntrip client app.
In other ntrip client apps, it connects well.

hostname:www.gnssdata.or.kr
port:2101

•  

Tapio

I've read criticism about Locus not supporting rotating text on the map for better readability. Probably a bigger thing, something that has implications on performance. @Menion, are you planning to work on this? I'd love if it would rotate text 180 (unnoticeable) - if necessary. Screenshot.

slarti76

Did someone also notice that the "Supplementary Map Download" functionality is basically broken, at least starting with Android 13? Even though I'm using the sideloaded AFA build.
The problem is that Locus seems to always store downloaded maps in its Android/data/menion.android.locus directory, but when I choose "Supplementary Download", I cannot choose that directory (Android/data is shown empty). I can choose Android/media/menion.android.locus, but I don't get the map there. Even Total Commander with AFA is not able to read the downloaded map file within Android/data, so I can't move it manually.

Menion, could the file chooser be changed such that it can also show Locus' internal directory?
  •  

michaelbechtold

I've been using both, the Personal and the Supplementary download feature successfully recently. And I just checked on my Tab S6l which got Android 13 recently: I can navigate freely where to put the target.
Yet, a couple of things:
- while I'm using the AFA version, too, I kept the Locus root at IntSD/Locus, which makes life much easier
- in any case, with x-plore you can copy/paste/move files from, in and into the private /Android/data structures at will (after granting all the permissions)
Cheers
Michael
  •  

joeloc

Another Locus Burnin victim... not a cheap "S20FE" this time but last year's flagship phone Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Not even one year old and not even mine, so you cannot blame it on extreme power user habits :-).

How many more phones to destroy until you realize Locus has a problem? Obviously other apps would burn in as well, but it's LOCUS that is visible all the time at full brightness. That's the job of an outdoor navigation app after all, isn't it?

So what's going to happen? My gf is scared to use Locus on her brand new S23ultra now... and she is right... Locus is a phone killer :-(

•  

Menion

@CabrioTourer
hmm, let's try to add the first three presets under long click as well (you may drag & drop the list to sort them if needed).

@baegas
NTRIP server in Korea is a problem. If I remember correctly, we tried to test it but for an unknown reason, I'm unable to connect from the middle of Europe.

Still the same problem even after a week?

@Tapio
well, you know it is not easy to solve right?  ???

@slarti76
Hmm map tile download ... it still somebody uses? Nice :). I'll look at it...

@joeloc
hmm nice main menu in display. And what you suggest? With Locus Map 4 you may hide everything except "Copyright" button. But this one will be in the next app version semi-transparent, so at least a little smaller problem.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on February 20, 2023, 11:30:35@Tapio
well, you know it is not easy to solve right?  ???
Yes, I guess so, I understand that. That's why I was asking if you consider implementing it. 👍
  •  

Menion

New Beta version 4.14.2.3

Two main changes
- support for LoMaps based on the MapsForge V4, more info here

- a new system for compute of uphill/downhill elevations. Results are usually about 10% smaller than the old system, but cover better smaller unwanted changes (0 - 5 meters) that happen on the flat. Give it a try and let me know if results are more realistic. This change does not affect incorrectly received altitude value (jumps)!