- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
18. 1. 2023 - Locus 4.14.0
23 1. 2023 - Locus 4.14.1
27. 1. 2023 - Locus 4.14.2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Menion

Hi to all. A little weird winter in most of Europe, not an ideal weather to some out-activity right? I was stuck on some really weird problems in the core of the Locus Map & Android & Gear watches etc. So this new version does not bring too many interesting news. Anyway new weather forecast & support for Garmin Varia radar should be usable additions. Enjoy it and winter as well  ;)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

michaelbechtold

Always good to have an update - and the list of changes is not small anyway, Menion :-)

I stumbled across one problem in beta as well as this latest release: when activating raster overlay maps (different ones, sitting in a _split folder) always tiles from another raster map (sitting in standard Locus/maps) are merged on top.
Any idea why that is?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

michaelbechtold

PS: deleting cache and temp in the new Backup&filesystem sub-menu did not help.
Then I found (although the Locus root is INT SD/Locus), that on the private folder on INT SD the /cache/http folder is NOT cleared by above cleanup.
Is this on purpose or was that forgotten to implement?
TXs and cheers
Michael

PPS: sending a screenshoz to your personal mail, Menion.
  •  

Menion

Hi @michaelbechtold , I do not like problems with map loading, you know it. After the years, it is starting to be a mystery also for me :)

Anyway, thanks for the screenshot. If you have enabled auto-loading, isn't this the problem? App tries to load some extra maps that may fill a missing tiles in the overlay?

"Cache directory" ... ah yes, both has to be deleted, thanks.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Ahh, Auto-Loading. I had a suspicion in that area as well, so I went from all sources to identical source. Assuming that the raster map (which has NO gaps) in a special _split folder would not be the same source as the "ghost" raster map in the /Locus/map folder.
Now I tried "no autoload" and the ghost tiles disappeared.

As the ghost tiles ONLY appear when the overlay is active, there is definitely an error in the respective Locus logic.
With no overlay, I can use any mode of auto load, without having ghost tiles.

Good luck and kind regards
Michael
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

baegas

Hello
When connecting to an external Bluetooth GPS receiver and viewing the "VDOP" value on the dashboard, the value is fixed at 5.0 and does not change.

•  

Andrew Heard

Menion, we had discussion (many months or a year? ago) that sometimes the points panel displays one bottom menu, then other times a different bottom menu. It seems like a timing glitch. Now I'm using Android emulator NOX & editing a route from my PC I'm finding this "glitch" more & more. Attached 2 times I tap on same Via point - sometimes one menu, sometimes the other - so the dot-dot-dot menu is not always displayed which is confusing.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

lor74cas

Hello,
some small problems on the weather forecast part
You cannot view this attachment.

BLUE: seems to indicate "back" but its function is "exit"
RED: The unit of measure is misaligned due to the word "Percepita" causing the text to slip
YELLOW: This is not an error, but it is strange to see a 3 hour interval, it is usually hourly, but it is indicated and therefore if one pays attention to it, one should understand it.

The source of the weather data is never mentioned, which is now openweather

The user guide is out of date with references to Dark Sky

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

ta-ka

Hello.

For the word "visibility" in the new weather forecast, please take the translation from the Key:weather_visibility, not from the Key:visibility.

Thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@baegas
to check VDOP value and why it does not refresh, I'll need from you recorded NMEA messages created in the time, the problem was visible. It may be done by enabling NMEA recorded in the Locus Map > settings > GPS & sensors > NMEA recording. Thanks.

@Andrew Heard
problem with the bottom panel > it is a work in progress. We are preparing an updated version of this panel that will hopefully help here.

@lor74cas
Weather is discussed mainly here on the help desk. Two points are solved now. "Yellow", hmm, I do not know. I may delete value by 3, but on the second side, app display 3-hours interval ...

@freischneider
trackpoint view - heh, probably because of two lines caused by the long track name right? :). Hmm, thanks.

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on January 27, 2023, 09:53:44@freischneider
trackpoint view - heh, probably because of two lines caused by the long track name right? :). Hmm, thanks.

Just tested --> yes because of 2 lines. With one line it is good.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on January 27, 2023, 09:53:44@lor74cas
Weather is discussed mainly here on the help desk. Two points are solved now. "Yellow", hmm, I do not know. I may delete value by 3, but on the second side, app display 3-hours interval ...

if you mean it as frequency it's better in 1h if you mean it as rainfall in time period then that's okay, but I'm used to the hourly frequency so it seemed anomalous to me
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •