[MAPS] - Vector maps

Started by Menion, July 17, 2011, 09:49:21

supermaz

Hm, I've converted Netherlands ca. 6 weeks ago without any problem. Did you download it from geofabrik?
  •  

Menion

I have also succesfuly converted netherland cca 6 weeks ago. But new file don't work even from geofabrik even from cloudmade. I'll try cut own map from planet once more with different bounding polygon ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rogerg

Quote from: "berkley"I am on a good way to share all vector maps for Locus... Please test this link:
//http://bit.ly/vectormaps

wow thanks a lot for the work berkley! (and of course to menion, for integrating vector maps!)

are there any more maps for south-east asia?
to be more precise, I'm looking mainly for maps of cambodia, laos, malaysia and vietnam, although brunei and myanmar would come in handy as well.
coverage for these areas seems to be extremely poor for the big satnav providers (eg. copilot, sygic, igo, etc), so I was hoping that even though routing isn't an option, I could use locus in this part of the world for oldschool offline-navigation...
  •  

Lukass

Hi guys, is there any chance of splitting the australia-oceania map into several peices?? The only map I need is New Zealand, but the file is almost 1GB, which is quite unpracticall. I bought the Vector map downloader plugin, but the file is the same as the one in the second post of this forum...Please, could someone split it for me? Or give me a quick guide how I can do it myself?? Thanks in andvance, keep on the good work...
  •  

Menion

hey, did you updated Locus to last version? If not do it. Old australia map do not offer update, so delete it if you have already downloaded it and check Oceania directory in downloading screen. New Zealand map is there and have ... 70MB ;).
  •  

Lukass

Oh, bugger, you are right...I didn't update for few days.. Everything is OK now, you are genius !!! Thank you again, it's a real difference to have 1GB file or 70MB :-)
  •  

Menion

:) expect that New Zealand map isn't perfect on north coast. I was already looking at this map and as on many other places, there is problem with MapsForge library. Anyway except white background instead of blue, all is fine :)

EDIT: and also one fresh info for you ... viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1188
  •  

Menion

so still no success with Netherlands. I also wrote PM to dibrial with simple question ... I need to separate Netherlands to few parts because bugged MapsForge map creator cannot convert whole file for unknown reason. Cloudmade already offer (http://downloads.cloudmade.com/europe/w ... readcrumbs) prepared few parts so I'm asking if this is problem for using or not. Problem here is mainly that MapsForge library cannot handle more then one file at once .. :/
  •  

supermaz

I tried it again with netherlands and I got a big white square in the middle. If I zoom in a lot I can see the details but for most of the zoom-levels there is just white. Is that your problem, menion?
  •  

Menion

hmm so you was success with converting. Interesting. Nono, this not my problem, I'm not even success with conversion. It ends on some stupid error. Probably same as comment 5 here http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issu ... ?id=158#c9 ... white rectangle is also nice :) are you using prepared map from cloudmade or geofabric?
  •  

supermaz

I was using a fresh download from geofabrik yesterday. Did you increase the JAVA memory option for osmosis?
  •  

Menion

yes, even on my home computer with increased size to more then 10GB, it crash ... I'll try new file from geofabrick, maybe it was some problem in file, thanks ...
  •  

supermaz

Hm, I use osmosis 0.39 with 8GB settings and mapsforge writer 0.2.3

I'm on linux 64bit by the way.
  •  

vatvedt

Thanks a lot for these maps! :)
  •  

rkan

Quote from: "supermaz"I was using a fresh download from geofabrik yesterday. Did you increase the JAVA memory option for osmosis?
I also had some problems with the Java memory option when using osmosis. I asked around and now I'm using the min option in the .bat file like this:

IF "%JAVACMD%"=="" set JAVACMD=java

set JAVACMD_OPTIONS=-Xms600m

REM Set "SAVEDIR" to the current directory

where "set JAVACMD_OPTIONS=-Xms600m" is the option. The other two lines just tell you where it is can go.
  •