[APP] - version 4.13.+ ( 12/2022 )

Started by Menion, December 06, 2022, 08:07:14

lor74cas

https://web.locusmap.app/loc/45.985766:13.631179

For OSM it's ok and for my direct experience too. Why is not included when planning?

Web and app planner involved
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
HEIC photos, thanks, @Marek Scholtz will look at it
Path in the map > I've noticed @Radim V about it

@freischneider
it is still at the bottom  :)

---

Btw. did anyone tried the improved weather forecast in the latest Beta version?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

balloni55

QuoteBtw. did anyone tried the improved weather forecast in the latest Beta version?
of course, I will continue to monitor it.
What stands out:
if I move the map to a city and then open the weather forecast, the name of the city/region is displayed.
if I use "select from map" in the opened weather forecast the coordinates are shown
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Radim V

@lor74cas - this denial of access is due to the access=no and foot=permissive character of a military road. It can be fixed and I make a remark for another round of profiles-fixes. But also this is a good example of a segment, where some kind of warning should be issued anyway. A military road can be closed (at least from OSM point of view) anytime. These warnings are something we started to consider.   
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Radim V on December 30, 2022, 10:34:36@lor74cas - this denial of access is due to the access=no and foot=permissive character of a military road. It can be fixed and I make a remark for another round of profiles-fixes. But also this is a good example of a segment, where some kind of warning should be issued anyway. A military road can be closed (at least from OSM point of view) anytime. These warnings are something we started to consider. 
This military road is closed to unauthorized vehicles, access on foot is permitted.
At the time of the former Yugoslavia the border was very controlled, there were many military structures with dedicated access routes. Now the border is almost a memory but the roads and structures have remained. If these roads are not taken into account by the planner then the routes created in these places will not be usable.
I realize that we are in an uncommon situation compared to other places.
Many paths of our mountains are made following the route of the roads of the First World War, now they are also of tourist interest.

https://www.turismofvg.it/en/first-world-war?LangSetCMS=en

However, if these roads marked as military they will not be included in the planner routes and it is a pity.

I think this is the correct interpretation:
access=no (for vehicles)
and foot=permissive
if it was not possible to pass on foot then we would have
foot=no

I'm not very expert in mapping, I've contributed a few times to OSM, but from what I see the road I've reported has no military tag, only the name indicates that it's a military road:
access no
bicycle permissive
foot permissive
highway unclassified
max speed 50
motor_vehicle permit
name Monte Sabotino military road
surface asphalt
width 2.5

There is a special tag for military zones:
landuse military

Maybe these are the areas that could be left out as currently are from the planner.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

lor74cas

Hello,
I noticed that the locus notification is not updated after the rec is started, it shows 0, see attachment.
In reality, the registration takes place, as soon as I click on the notification the data reported by the app are correct, see attachment.
Even the time of the notification remains that of the start of the recording, in fact it remains frozen.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
hmm, there seem to be some changes with notifications as well with the latest Android 13 update  >:(. May you please check app system settings > Permissions > Notifications ... are they enabled for Locus Map?

HEIC format: I've informed @Marek Scholtz , he will look at it.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on January 02, 2023, 15:32:47@lor74cas
hmm, there seem to be some changes with notifications as well with the latest Android 13 update  >:(. May you please check app system settings > Permissions > Notifications ... are they enabled for Locus Map?

HEIC format: I've informed @Marek Scholtz , he will look at it.

All locus notifications are active
Permissions for Locus are active except physical activity.
Out of my curiosity, what is "physical activity" in locus for?
Thank you
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: lor74cas on January 02, 2023, 16:39:13All locus notifications are active
Permissions for Locus are active except physical activity.
Out of my curiosity, what is "physical activity" in locus for?
Thank you
I think that's for the new (but beta) auto-pause detection.

lor74cas

Hello,
I did not find a suitable place in the forum for this topic and so I add this setup here
You cannot view this attachment.
A bookmark for using the peakfinder app
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

lor74cas

Hello,
well yes it's me again, sorry if I torment you I'm just a poor man on vacation during the holidays and it rains outside every single day.
I was trying to enter a shortcut to the plantnet app in Locus and came across this warning on the menu:
and in fact I did not find the desired app among those proposed.

I then took advantage of the locus bookmarks and the teachings of Tapio

I created a bookmark that "calls" tasker, namely a task with the name Plantnet

Since for Tasker there is no problem to open any app, a simple "Launch App" command was enough to get the result.

I turned a shortcut into a bookmark and for me it's even more useful, so I have everything in the same menu.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

CabrioTourer

That's all fine but Quick bookmark in panel opens a dialog to select a bookmark.
For me a feature to add a bookmark button directly in the side/bottom/... panel will be much better.
This is only possible via tasker plugin. That's why I use both ways today.

Menion

@lor74cas
problem with the notifications > then I do not know for now, sorry.

Peakfinder > thanks. I can't test it but I trust it works. Added to "Predefined" options.

A limited list of apps > Locus Map does not have permission to access all available apps on the device, only the pre-selected ones. So I need to manually define supported apps. This is different compared to Tasker.

---

The new Beta version has just been published. Enjoy it!

lor74cas

Quote from: CabrioTourer on January 03, 2023, 20:13:03For me a feature to add a bookmark button directly in the side/bottom/... panel will be much better.
Everyone has their preferences, I like having all the links in the same menu, but many would love your idea. I saw a request for this on:
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/22994-tasker-and-quickbookmarks
App links or bookmarks are very similar and the functions can be confused, perhaps it would be appropriate to combine them by distinguishing internal links to phone apps and external links to web services, therefore even clearer between offline (app) and online (web).
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on January 04, 2023, 09:40:45problem with the notifications > then I do not know for now, sorry.
don't worry, for the use I make with locus always open it's strange that I noticed it
Quote from: Menion on January 04, 2023, 09:40:45A limited list of apps > Locus Map does not have permission to access all available apps on the device, only the pre-selected ones. So I need to manually define supported apps. This is different compared to Tasker.
I understand. I don't know how many have not found an app among the links, for me it's the first time with Plantnet. If you want you could open a thread in the forum or wherever you prefer, so that everyone reports the missing app data in the way you need and then you can implement it in the next version.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker