[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
The huge benefit of the new auto-pause system is, that it is independent of the GPS! So the app may turn GPS off and wait till get info that some movement was detected.

@Tapio
hmm, "Presets" and "Dashboards" are included in the "full" backup. Routing profiles are missing, good point (added). What I was thinking, was removing these two dummy manual backup systems and allowing manual & automatic backup to be fully customizable > so where and what to backup...

@Andrew Heard
version name, ah typo, sorry. There was a minor and very quick 4.12.2 version, so it caused a little mess.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

@Menion, what I was saying that all those were missing in the "configuration only" backup. I consider those systems part of "configuration" because they are the result of configuration by the user.

Yes, a more sophisticated backup system would be nice. Personally, I'd prefer an auto backup without the faaaat DBs, so I wish it was more configurable. DBs - I back them up manually and only sporadically. I have auto gpx exports anyway.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Tapio

@Menion, waypoints embedded in tracks, can you make them display them in alphabetical order? Currently it's by distance, which is not always useful.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Tapio on November 26, 2022, 14:38:47@Menion, waypoints embedded in tracks, can you make them display them in alphabetical order? Currently it's by distance, which is not always useful.
Aren't they sorted by datetime when created? Anyway, I agree it's not always ideal, so best would probably be custom sort order button...
  •  

Menion

Yes, it should be by its "Created time" parameter. And well, you know. Waypoints in the app are painful and need a new system for handling them. Old problem ...
  •  

Tapio

I know, I love to remind you about the painful WPs 😁

Something else. Stacked icons on main Hamburger menu, not ideal.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on November 28, 2022, 10:34:58Yes, it should be by its "Created time" parameter. And well, you know. Waypoints in the app are painful and need a new system for handling them. Old problem ...
I could start again about my hope to at some point being able to create waypoints in the track editor, so they have a datetime. It's one of my biggest annoyances that waypoints created during recording have a timestamp, but when I forget them and want to add them later on, they won't have a timestamp that fits to the track.
Not all waypoints are POIs, like "hut", but things like "put on snowshoes", "removed crampons", etc. For those things, times are of relevance, especially if you use the same trail several times.
Well, I'll keep hoping... ;)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Jethro10

Tapio

EDIT: Fixed in 4.12.2.6

Anyone else having this serious issue?

In Route Planner, changing a trackpoint to a green shaping point makes Locus crash reliably.

No matter if I come from an existing track via Re-Route or on planning a new track.

I wanted to change an old planned track, which just has 4 shaping points (another old bug, they disappear for unknown reasons) - I can't change it, have to create a new track.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

Hi guys,

I've prepared new Beta version 4.12.2.6. If there won't be any serious problems, it is a version for release next week.

I've spent most of last week (or close to two) updating the original MapsForge library so, in one of the next versions, there will be performance improvement for OAM and other MF4-based maps. Later also converted LoMaps ...

I did no changes in the auto-pause system, so consider it as a "Beta" feature that simply needs some testing and time ...

Enjoy your weekend!

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
FINALLY, LoMpas approaching MF4 - that's great news indeed!

Is the new MF library already included in the new Locus beta?

TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

Yes, finally  :)
"New MF" ... it is not something new. Latest MF 0.18 is already in the app for some time and it is used for OAM or other V4+ maps.

Anyway, I'm contributing to the next 0.19 version here. There is already solved one major old problem that probably causes a big complexity of OAM themes and I've also reduced rendering speed to 2/3 ;). Just some good old hacks from my old customized version.

And more will come. @voldapet is currently very actively rewriting our LoMaps themes from scratch so there will be probably a need for some extra customizations, probably also useful for OAM.

Anyway, I may include this improved version in some of the next Beta if @Tobias or @john_percy or any theme developer will be interested. Let's talk about it rather in some separate topic as this may not be interesting for everyone ...

michaelbechtold

I read through the github items behind your link, Menion. Great stuff!
And there is a pair of new friends on this (MF) planet :-))/
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on December 02, 2022, 16:31:20auto-pause system, so consider it as a "Beta" feature that simply needs some testing and time ...
I haven't tested further; it wasn't working reliably or at all, so will need more that just testing & time. Is there some visual indication when auto-pause is active? This would help in any further testing.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Tapio

I noticed, in case of Export multiple Points, the checkbox "Export to single file" is missing - it does always export to one file. The user may want to export to multiple files. Currently impossible.

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Andrew Heard on December 02, 2022, 21:57:38
Quote from: Menion on December 02, 2022, 16:31:20auto-pause system, so consider it as a "Beta" feature that simply needs some testing and time ...
I haven't tested further; it wasn't working reliably or at all, so will need more that just testing & time. Is there some visual indication when auto-pause is active? This would help in any further testing.
ideally sound. It's cold, and the phone is often in the pocket.
  •