Locus on iPhone

Started by Ivo Nörenberg, November 23, 2022, 14:46:34

Ivo Nörenberg

I used Locus for years and loved it. I even had a gold membership. I have to move to iPhone now. Locus was the only reason to stay with Android for a long time but compatibility with my MacBook and work forces me to say goodbye. I really hope to see Locus on my iPhone again.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Menion

Hello Ivo, almost ten years based on your profile here on the forum, amazing!

Locus Map for iOS is currently in preparation and will be for sure published during the year 2023. But expect really limited functionality compare to Android version. Well, we are 10 years behind on the iOS so ...  :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

jonny.blue

Oh, good to hear.
My company decided to switch to IOS too ... and I'm the last one using Android ( because of LM 😉)
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Very happy to hear that! I would like to be Betatester if possible.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

motech

When iOS comes out I'm hopeful for:
- An iPad version that will work natively on M1 Mac's.
- sync with data from android version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

creobroter

Vieme približný dátum spustenia na IOS?
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi, we hope to release first public test versions in the first half of this year. But as Menion mentioned, please don't expect full-blown Locus Map yet. It will be much simpler version for the start. Of course, it will be just the beginning for us though.  ;) 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: JH

DukeofArmchair

Are you planning to make it available on the Apple Watch and integrate with apple fitness/health initially?
  •  

Macik

I have been using Locus Map for many years to plan my trips/runs/bike rides on many Android phones. I started using iOS last year and was very shocked. In fact, there is no app with similar functionality on iOS. So it is very good news for me that you finally decided to release a version for Apple devices. Even though the functionality will be basic from the start.
  •  

MrHowlin

Great news! If you're looking for beta testers, I'm in!
  •  

Nummur

I am really waiting this app for iOS too.
I have used it every week on Android for many years. But now I'm really disappointed. because there are no apps for iOS which would be like app Locus map.
Please. We are really waiting you 🙏
And if you need for beta testers, I'm in!

•  

NikolausDemmel

Any updates on the iOS app timeline? I've been using Locus Map for a long time, but recently switched to an iPhone. I'm currently looking at options for offline maps, navigation, tracking, etc (e.g. Outdooractive, GaiaGPS, Alltrails, Maps3D, ...) but nothing comes close to Locus Map. I'd be happy even with a slimmed down version :-)
  •  

locusmap.qadvfoggdh

I am also interested in the iOS version of the app and would be happy to participate in beta testing.
  •  

Jan Čapek

•