[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

Menion

@freischneider & @Josef Žajdlík
hmm long pause cause a problem ... will have to test but it may be a major problem  :(

@Tapio
what I use is called "Activity recognition". "Significant motion sensor" > did not know about it, thanks for the info. It does not give much info, but I'll check how it works, thanks!

@CabrioTourer
yes sorry, this is a really really really old problem without a simple solution for now, already reported a few years ago by @joeloc and never solved. It needs a massive rework of the whole system on background, unfortunately.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Menion on November 14, 2022, 08:08:22@freischneider & @Josef Žajdlík
hmm long pause cause a problem ... will have to test but it may be a major problem  :(
Description of the situation: Start of the record already at home, the phone lay on the table. The record immediately switched to the pause. Leaving the house after about 15 minutes, but the record did not switch to the recording.
  •  

Menion

@Josef Žajdlík
It may take a while till the system register and report the movement. You may check what activities the system currently detect in the top app toolbar. Did you tried it?

Hmm now I see that on my old Pixel 2, I still see only "Activity recognition: enabled" and not exact activities. This anyway works correctly on Pixel 5 A13, weird.
  •  

michaelbechtold

•  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Menion on November 14, 2022, 10:33:14@Josef Žajdlík
It may take a while till the system register and report the movement. You may check what activities the system currently detect in the top app toolbar. Did you tried it?

Hmm now I see that on my old Pixel 2, I still see only "Activity recognition: enabled" and not exact activities. This anyway works correctly on Pixel 5 A13, weird.
The A53 is shown. The problem is that I don't read them without glasses. But I will try to do SCR when I test it and the record does not start. Last time I waited about half a kilometer of walking and I really had to run it by hand.
  •  

Menion

no problem @Žajdlík Josef , I'll test it more precisely tomorrow. Thanks for now.
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.12.2.4: The new movement sensing/ auto-pause evidently (sometimes) isn't working for me - see screen cap of map where phone was perfectly stationary for 70 minutes with GPS still enabled.

During this 70 minutes it can be seen the GPS accuracy (from LM web planner) jumped from ~3m to ~40m accuracy, as expected in bottom of a multistorey concrete building.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 16, 2022, 04:43:014.12.2.4: The new movement sensing/ auto-pause evidently (sometimes) isn't working for me - see screen cap of map where phone was perfectly stationary for 70 minutes with GPS still enabled.

During this 70 minutes it can be seen the GPS accuracy (from LM web planner) jumped from ~3m to ~40m accuracy, as expected in bottom of a multistorey concrete building.

I found that AutoPause only activated if the phone has a good GPS signal. If the recording is still jumping, Autopause does not succeed even when the phone lies on the table.

Žajdlík Josef

I did some tests with AutoPause. If the phone is in rest for a few minutes, the recording does not turn on even after 250 meters. I tried to make several SCR sensors.
Image "Start" - Recording is in Autopause.
Image "Finish" - after 250 m walk, Autopause is still active. The sensors are active and the GPS has turned on after the display is lit.
Note: The recording after a long autapuuse will start immediately if I make any Bixby command. The recording also starts the screenshot using the buttons on the mobile.
  •  

Menion

New Beta version 4.12.1.5

With a nice bunch of interesting news, for example:
- add: Ski routing to online & offline LoRouter
- add: support for SVG http icons (mainly used in the online LoPoints for now)
- chg: "recalculate all" available in "Set router" dialog instead of the side menu
- chg: new settings menu for backup & filesystem

---

Auto-pause: I still do not know what to think about it, cause I also noticed some malfunctions and see no space for some improvements on my side. Will test it, but from my point of view, it is currently not ready to release.

I've not yet looked on memory problems, sorry @balloni55 , but I'm keeping it on my mind.

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 17, 2022, 23:29:18and see no space for some improvements on my side.
I see it. Don't use blackbox Google Libraries - code that can of worms yourself! 😁
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Menion on November 17, 2022, 23:29:18Auto-pause: I still do not know what to think about it, cause I also noticed some malfunctions and see no space for some improvements on my side. Will test it, but from my point of view, it is currently not ready to release.

Hi Menione, autopause works quite well with shorter stops. What just add a feature that would check each minute according to GPS, whether the phone had not changed the position? And if so, it would cancel the autopause.
  •  

Tapio

Menion, I think the "configuration only" backup is lacking important and time consuming user configuration works... and should be included IMO:

/data/presets
/data/dashboard
/router/profiles2

I was surprised you didn't include them. I was expecting it to backup "all but the point/track databases".
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on November 18, 2022, 09:32:06Hi Menione, autopause works quite well with shorter stops
I don't think it is working properly, or at all, for me. I've reverted to manual pause for now.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 17, 2022, 23:29:18New Beta version 4.12.1.5
is it 4.12.2 or 4.12.1? the APKs have been 4.12.2 but release notes 4.12.1
You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.
  •