"Import lists" no longer works - endless circle instead

Started by Keksbande, November 03, 2022, 19:49:03

freischneider

Quote from: Daigers on November 15, 2022, 10:05:37Hello Menion,

it's a pity that support for LM classic is gradually being reduced. But when will the geocaching functions be in the productive version of LM4 and not just in the beta?

Greetings
Daigers
Support for LM classic will not be reduced. This function has never existed before. You can always use the old version. GC4L is still supported by Locus (this is part of the support for LM classic). And for an external app the manufacturer has to give support. You just have to reach Arcao and get their
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Daigers

Hello freischneider,

what I mean is that it is pity, that these new functions only integrated in LM4 and not in classic.

I am still very satisfied with LM classic. But the GC4L addon is unfortunately less and less supported by Arcao and bugs are only fixed sporadically (and new ones are added). As you have already read in this or another post, you can unfortunately no longer rely on Arcao's support.

So if the GC4L addon is no longer developed by Arcao and bugs keep piling up, LM4 is an alternative for me. However, it would be interesting to know when the functions from GC4L will be integrated into LM4. Is there an approximate time?

Greetings
Daigers
  •  

freischneider

LM3 does not get any new features anymore. IN the beta of LM4 it is already included. You can test it.
New version comes normally every 4-6 weeks. I think the last one was 2-3 weeks ago. So max. 3 weeks left. Unless there are complications. Then only when they are solved. But so far it looks good. You can follow it here: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8129.0
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

I would not be so strict with "does not get any new features anymore"  :). As visible in the changelog of every version, I still do a lot of modifications also in the Classic version. But to be true, by intent I try not to add bigger new functions to the Classic.

The new version will be published probably at the start of December. Google forces us to do a big update in internal libraries so I need a little more time to test the app and fix a few more problems that appeared (mainly on Android 13).

Thanks for understanding guys.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Keksbande

The ticket I had opened for this problem in Github (for GC4L) was closed half an hour ago as fixed. So Arcao seems to do changes from time to time.
  •