Transferring purchased maps to a new phone

Started by ishapiro, September 24, 2022, 10:00:46

ishapiro

I am trying to transfer my Locus Classic Pro to a new phone. I have several (third party) maps that I have purchased through the Locus store for off-line use. I am trying to transfer them to my new phone. I tried backing them up onto a GoogleDrive and then importing on the new phone. They seem to import successfully but then the tiles don't render on the screen and just show "Unknown problem".

Is this a known issue?
How can use these maps on the new phone ?

•  

Menion

Hello,
"unknown problem" is an unexpected error message. Anyway: some maps do not require authentication and should be working by simple copy to the new device (like LoMaps).
Some maps anyway require authentication so firstly double-check, you are correctly logged in in the Locus Map app itself. Also, some maps consist of two files: a map file and a small .info file, so check that both files are correctly transferred to the new device.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Filu444

Hi,

Similar problem. I have raster maps purchased through Locus store (Czechia, Slovakia, Poland). I made a backup of these maps on Google drive (Locus feature). Now I'm trying to import them from Google drive to Locus Pro on new phone (Samsung A32 4G).

Maps that are in only one file *.sqlitedb import without any problem.

Problem is when map consist of two files: *.sqlitedb and *.info. Locus wont import them at all saying "only files in same format can be imported in a batch". Or will import such map but it wont be visible in Locus ("unknown problem" on screen where the map should be).

Please find a solution to fix this problem.

Lukasz
  •  

Menion

Hello Lukasz,
hmm, try to import maps back over Map manager > offline tab > bottom big "+" button > Import map. Here, also required "info" files should be automatically imported as well. Give it a try please.
  •  

Filu444

Hi Menion,

Thanks for reply. This is exactly how I did it. Map manager "+" and import. I tried to import maps directly from google drive or download and import from internal phone memory. In either way the maps with separate .info file are not visible.

I had no problem importing maps with only one file . sqlitedb (SHOCart). They import and are visible in Locus.
  •  

Menion

Hello Filu444,
thanks for this bug report. Indeed, there was a problem with handling extra files during import. Harder task, but solved now so it should work correctly in the next app version.
  •