[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

balloni55

QuoteLogs manager > "log your visit" isn´t possible
solved, thanks

QuoteClicking on any Lopoint Locus crashes.
confirm

if i set filter "Min.FAV points" >0 i get a window fav is not a valide query option
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah guys, thanks, crash and "FAV" are fixed in the new 4.12.2.4.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 11, 2022, 16:24:48version 4.12.2.3
@menion - doing a search/find in Settings for "pause" or "auto" doesn't list the new Auto-Pause setting.

A question regards minimizing device energy usage - am I correct that manually pausing a track recording & disabling GPS, would use less energy than the new auto-pause? If only marginal improvement I may no longer need to perform this tedious task (& forgetting to un-pause when resuming an activity).
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

suggested improvement: Settings > Track recording > profile > Track name format: when the ADD button is tapped, add the meta-field at the cursor/ insertion point, please don't append to the end of the text.
  •  

Tapio

Recent version is crashy? I experienced a ctd. When I tap on an embedded wpt in the track details, screen goes blank and it goes out of track, to the folder view in track manager.
EDIT: Ah I see, 4.12.2.4 fixed it
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: slarti76 on November 07, 2022, 08:08:40
Quote from: Tapio on November 06, 2022, 18:57:53
Quote from: freischneider on November 06, 2022, 16:23:42Today Auto Stop activated. Looks quite good.
I'm wondering, what's the difference?

Yeah, that should probably be re-worded to make clear that first setting is about "device movement" and second about received GPS positions. Well, or vice versa ;)

Now I thought too much about it to really understand a possible difference in effect :D
being not in movement, dropping identical points or pause record, means no points in both cases.
(Let's assume time constraint is of no interest as the new option is reg. movement)
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hopefully one of the expert colleagues (with busy Menion as a fall back) has a better memory than me: Locus puts all (tile only?) maps in one Android folder into one virtual map. But by an undocumented naming convention Locus will treat the folder content as separate maps.
What is the magic suffix to add to the folder name, pls?
TXs and cheers
Michael

PS: Menion gave this advise in the help desk quite some time ago, but my searches there went nowhere ...
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

The autopause test during four hours of hiking turned out excellent. No unexpected lines.

Andrew Heard

How does the new Auto-pause setting differ from the combined action of the existing Distance/ Time Interval/ Trackpoint recording condition settings?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 12, 2022, 22:02:11How does the new Auto-pause setting differ from the combined action of the existing Distance/ Time Interval/ Trackpoint recording condition settings?
LOL, I didn't understand the 2 sliders yet and now you come and make things more complicated...
Ugh, my brain currently cannot process this topic. I GUESS the question you should ask yourself is this: With no auto-pause options, only the settings you mentioned, how can you Locus tell to pause recording on "longer" period of no movement? (I think impossible in a meaningful way)
At the very least you need to tell it to only record tp's like every 25m because gps derivation. But what if you want it to record, say, every 5m? Just a first thought, cannot think it through rn, my brain 😂

I'm on Android 10. I have both sliders on. I haven't seen the recording button set to pause yet, but I will observe it more properly. What I see is, the resulting track is now clean from those tons of trackpoints at one place. Good.
Menion please optionally leave an embedded Pause WP. This is easy to detect in the post process now, IF difference between neighboring trackpoints > n seconds. With n being user def.
I think "where and how long did I pause" is one of the most interesting performance informations.
Currently I add pause wp manually with help of the elevation profile graph (x axis set to time), but that's exhausting.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
"auto-pause" without explanation > sorry for this.

Old system: "Record only when moving" option is based on the known speed of the GNSS unit. The recording service only checks if the last received location has any "speed value" and if not, it simply ignores this location, nothing more!

The new "Auto-pause" system is based on the magic logic of Google Play services that use device sensors, not the GNSS. The app is then able to receive the probability of certain activities and act based on it. Because GNSS is not required here, the app may finally pause/unpause recording!! This also means, that if Locus Map is on background, it may also turn off GPS if not needed by any other function!

If this will work correctly, old system will be removed.

@Andrew Heard
"auto-pause" is not visible in the search because all internal recording profile settings are not there. It is a little more complicated here.

battery consumption > manual pause will still be more efficient because no extra sensors except your brain will be needed. On the second side, gravity and other sensors should be very very battery friendly so I believe that difference will be minimal.

"Track name format" > improved, thanks

@michaelbechtold
you mean the secret "_split"?  ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

I had problems with the car break today.
Start recording
100m driven
Break (waiting for passengers, about 8 min.)
Continued driving but no more recording.
My settings in the picture. Do you need more settings ?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 13, 2022, 09:25:37The new "Auto-pause" system is based on the magic logic of Google Play services that use device sensors
Does that API have a name? I guess it is the same system which Tasker offers as an event trigger, "Significant motion". TBH my experience was bad... and too much of a black box. But we'll see how it turns out in Locus.

Do you use this one?
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/sensors/sensors_motion.html#sensors-motion-significant

CabrioTourer

Hi Menion.

I noticed a folder under files/data/import.

It looks like that many/every data which were imported are stored here.

Since a while I automatically generate points with audio and video content during navigaton. Later I import all.
This fills up that folder and I doubt they will never be deleted. I have data from 6 month ago in it, where the coressponding point is already deleted.

Was deletion just forgotten? Can I delete all by myself without checking which points might still exists?

•  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: freischneider on November 13, 2022, 09:47:09I had problems with the car break today.
Start recording
100m driven
Break (waiting for passengers, about 8 min.)
Continued driving but no more recording.
My settings in the picture. Do you need more settings ?
Same problem today. A short break is not a problem. If it is several minutes, the recording will not start again.
  •