[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

balloni55

QuoteAnd does it make sense to select for caches with "no sizes"? "Nothing selected" is always considered equal to "all selected"

i don't understand...

for me it is not logical when reading "All caches" or "All selected" and no checkbox is ticked in the selection
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Expert setting of immersive view doesn't bring me the working fullscreen system back. Not using it. Because UIs (dashboard/top bar) are still below the notch and Android Status bar.

EDIT: After a restart of Locus, it uses full view/fullscreen as before. Awesome, I've got fullscreen back which is good, because it worked with my phone.

You cannot view this attachment.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

freischneider

Today Auto Stop activated. Looks quite good.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on November 06, 2022, 16:23:42Today Auto Stop activated. Looks quite good.
I'm wondering, what's the difference?

slarti76

Quote from: Tapio on November 06, 2022, 18:57:53
Quote from: freischneider on November 06, 2022, 16:23:42Today Auto Stop activated. Looks quite good.
I'm wondering, what's the difference?

Yeah, that should probably be re-worded to make clear that first setting is about "device movement" and second about received GPS positions. Well, or vice versa ;)
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Hi Menione, the first test "Autapause" on the Samsung A53 (A12). According to the upper bar is reading the activity OK. But there is no control when AutoPause is active. Upon arrival in the building and laying the phone on the table, "drift" was created in the record. See SCR.
  •  

Tapio

Does not auto pause yet. Menion, can you tell a bit about the algorithm?
Quite common situation here in screenshot, sitting here for 15 minutes, gps radius is 6m. Both of the above pause options are turned on. You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys

Auto-pause: I was testing it during the weekend and have to say: it does not work at all, sorry! As I wrote, the first attempt: will have to test it more and let you know.

Record only when moving: this option simply ignores locations, when the app receives a location with speed = 0 (or close to 0). This new option should really pause & unpause recording based on the movement. In the best case, also disable/enable GPS when the app is on the background!! Once the new option will work, the old one should be removed.

@balloni55
I'll discuss texts with Michal anyway if you select all cache sizes or select NO cache sizes has no effect on the result. Because in all cases, app returns all sizes :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Logs manager > "log your visit" isn´t possible, see screenshot

"Upload draft" work
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Thx for working on auto pause. Do you use some kind of shake sensors for this? Because Locus asked for Android access.
Please consider an option to auto add a waypoint upon pause end, at pause start position, with pause length info...

I found problems.

1. On track recording + navigation, embedded WPs are added here from outside, via intent. They are visible on the track. But it's almost impossible to tap those WPs. As if there is just one pixel tap area. I think it worked before.

2. Screenshot. Navigation of a track x. Locus then shows track x PLUS the upcoming navigation. Useless? At least a problem with distance markers.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 07, 2022, 12:39:31Auto-pause: I was testing it during the weekend and have to say: it does not work at all, sorry!
@menion - doesn't this feature https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/improved-stop-detection-and-distance-calculation-with-a-speed-sensor need to be implemented before auto-pause can be reliable?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

And another nice (of course) version 4.12.2.3 is ready for testing.

Auto-pause was finally tested and seems to work very nicely. Expect a delay of 10-30 seconds till the system correctly recognizes the change in the movement. So it is not as fast and accurate as may be with a system based on the bike BT speed sensor as mentioned @Andrew Heard  (btw. good point, I'll look at it), but it perfectly covers pauses and forget-stopped recording.

And yes, this uses various sensors in the background to detect motion. But don't ask me exactly how it is computed as it is a black box hidden in so-called "Google Play Services".

@Tapio
1. I'll check it
2. track that you use to start navigation should be hidden during navigation!! Does this happen all the time to you? You start navigation by click on the track and then the "Navigation" button at bottom menu?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Žajdlík Josef

Clicking on any Lopoint Locus crashes. Android 12 on the phone and 11 on the tablet.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 11, 2022, 16:24:482. track that you use to start navigation should be hidden during navigation!! Does this happen all the time to you? You start navigation by click on the track and then the "Navigation" button at bottom menu?
Will observe. Happened once. I thought it was due to the last update. But it does not happen now.
Yes,that's how I start navigation.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 11, 2022, 16:24:48Auto-pause was finally tested and seems to work very nicely.
... on Android 12+ only?
  •