"Import lists" no longer works - endless circle instead

Started by Keksbande, November 03, 2022, 19:49:03

Keksbande

I call the 3rd party feature "Geocaching/Import Lists".

Instead of the overview of all lists, which I could import, I get an endless waiting circle. See screenshot.

I have reduced the number of lists in my account, just to be on the safe side, but this did not change anything.

I cannot say for sure when it worked last, but I would say that about 2 weeks ago I could still use it successfully.

Could the problem be somehow connected to the changes in the pocket query API, which were published recently?

Locus Version 4.12.1
UserID 106d6ebd7

•  

Menion

Hello, this is a question for the add-on author Arcao. Probably best to post it on add-on web repository here.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello,

yes, it seems to be an issue of the Locus addon "Geocaching4Locus".

Can confirm behaviour.
Logout and login in the addon to geoacaching.com does not solve the problem.

c.s.g.
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

•  

c.s.g.

Hello,

just checked the settings at groundspeak.
GC4L has access to the groundspeak api.
  •  

Keksbande

I created https://github.com/arcao/Geocaching4Locus/issues/136

I have no real hope that this will be solved by Arcao as Menion said in the thread for the other (now finally solved) problem, that Arcao is no longer active.

So probably another of these problems which will in the long run make Locus unusable for us geocachers :(
  •  

Die Batzen

The very same happens to me, too.
It's caused by the latest GC4L update to version 3.0.8.

Until (or if) Arcao provides a fix, the solution is to go back to the previous GC4L version 3.0.7:
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

balloni55

until there is a solution to the problem, the user can decide which function is more important to him

update geocache folders
or
import lists

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7965.msg69535#msg69535
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Die Batzen

Keksbande

@balloni55

Unfortunatly the decision you talk about does not really help.

Yes, we can see the overview of possible lists to be imported with the old APK.

But with the old APK the "update problem" was also reproducible when importing lists.
See my post from the September 16, 2022, 14:09:05 in your linked topic: "The problem is getting worse and worse. At first it concernced only mysteries, but these days I can neither update more than about 50 to 100 geocaches together nor import lists which contain more than a few caches."

So going back to the old APK does not help at all.

But at least I found a kind of workaround yesterday. The good old pocket queries still seem to work. And this allowed me to import some stuff.
  •  

Menion

Wait for the next Locus Map 4 (Beta) version, lists, pocket queries, or direct search&import are implemented now natively in the app.
  •  

Keksbande

Wow! You are my hero  :) I love Locus and I am glad that I will be able to keep it.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Daigers

Quote from: Menion on November 10, 2022, 10:57:23Wait for the next Locus Map 4 (Beta) version, lists, pocket queries, or direct search&import are implemented now natively in the app.

Hello menion,

I think that, like me, many people still use Locus Map Classic (formerly Locus Map Pro). I currently have installed Version 3.63.1. Will be also implemented these functions you mentioned in Locus Map Classic or are they only reserved for version 4?

Greetings
Daigers
  •  

Menion

Hello Daigers,
sorry, but no major changes are implemented into Locus Classic, sorry. So only download of Pocket Queries download will be available.
  •  

Daigers

Hello Menion,

it's a pity that support for LM classic is gradually being reduced. But when will the geocaching functions be in the productive version of LM4 and not just in the beta?

Greetings
Daigers
  •