[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

balloni55

Quote from: Menion on October 20, 2022, 13:33:36@balloni55
oki, what may I do to simulate it. What about some GPX with caches > if you import any PocketQuery, are all caches affected by this? Weird I've not noticed this problem  :-\

it happens with every cache, no matter if it was imported by link or by PQ.
I suspect it is due to the resolution of my samsung xcover 4s 720x1280 as it only occurs in portrait mode, in landscape mode the problem does not occur.
Unfortunately I can not set a different resolution on my device for a try
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Nothing new about this issue but just a little suggestion; see the screen cap below - easy enough to reproduce - run LM, select any offline map, exit LM, move or delete the map file, re-run LM, observe the warning. Can I suggest the error is not an "unknown problem", the problem is simply that the map file doesn't exist. I guess the error is being handled in a generic way hence the unhelpful message, but in the process of attempting to open the map file, if the file doesn't exist, I'd change the Error description to a something more useful for the user to help themselves like: "map file doesn't exist".
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.12.1 bug with Android Auto: not sure if reproducible: connected Android 8 phone to cars USB charger & LM crashed:
  •  

Andrew Heard

screen caps taken from 2000x1200 pixel phone; even with just 1 step increase of font size:

the important details when adding a point on Track Recording screen are truncated

even with default values, there is a little truncation

so suggestion for minor text change
  • Add point (plain) > Add plain point
  • Add point (photo) > Add photo point
  • Add point (audio) > Add audio point
  • Add point (video) > Add video point

Now if the user has slightly higher font size or screen zoom than default, hopefully the important part of each text remains visible.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: slarti76 on October 20, 2022, 16:43:09What I'm asking for is sort-by-start-time, sorting by the date/time of the first timestamped point in the track.
I can see your point, but that would be too much sorting for the users. Because usually there's no difference.
But good observation.
Solution:
Menion should just set "creation time 2nd split = first trackpoint time 2nd split". That would feel alright imo.
Thank me later 😉
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

Preview of geotagged webp photos isn't shown. If I tap on it, it loads fine.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on October 21, 2022, 18:24:49set "creation time 2nd split = first trackpoint time 2nd split"
sounds useful
  •  

CabrioTourer

Just a small suggestion. Pretty often I moved an existing point in route planner without an intention. Thats my fault. But the warning that the route can't be calculated hides the undo button. This makes the handling which such faults a bit time lengthly.
Can you move the warning to some other position?
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: CabrioTourer on October 24, 2022, 12:30:53Just a small suggestion. Pretty often I moved an existing point in route planner without an intention. Thats my fault. But the warning that the route can't be calculated hides the undo button. This makes the handling which such faults a bit time lengthly.
Can you move the warning to some other position?
A function has been introduced so that such messages can be closed more quickly. I think it should work here too.
Short click was it believe.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

CabrioTourer

•  

balloni55

Hello menion
as reported in thread V4.6.+
and also discussed in
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8181.0

There is a memory problem using locus

i recorded my track an was guiding to some Tradis (~20) and writing the offline loggs.

today i took some screenshots where you can see used memory of locus and after ~ 2 hours locus was closed.....
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

@balloni55 interesting - what app are you using to measure the free RAM? does it require a rooted device?
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Andrew Heard on October 26, 2022, 23:05:13@balloni55 interesting - what app are you using to measure the free RAM? does it require a rooted device?
Hello Andrew
this option is inside my samsung, not rooted

settings/developer settings/running services
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

michaelbechtold

@Menion: I just looked into the memory consumption on my S10:
1.2 GB after some days of run time - then exit
After start it grows to about 500 MB in the fist minute (or less), then goes back to about 250 MB.
I do not do geo caching.
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: balloni55 on October 27, 2022, 07:46:53settings/developer settings/running services
ah yes thanks - I always forget that feature - very handy - but a pity it wasn't possible to view even more detail in a non-rooted device
  •