[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

lor74cas

The site https://www.locusmap.eu/ is down.
The site has not been accessible for a few hours.
I know this is not the right place to report, but I do not know where to place it on the forum.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Menion on October 17, 2022, 12:38:04"record only when moving" use speed reported by the GNSS unit. Anyway even if not moving, it still only ignores location data but does not pause recording at all. For this, I already have prepared a system using "Google activity recognition", but I was never able to finish it for some public test  :'( . This should allow to detect of changes in movement style so react on pauses or inform about activity & paused recording.

I think the quality of the recording at stop is now the biggest problem of Locus records. The solution should not be dependent on the vote. Other applications with this have no problem with this.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: lor74cas on October 17, 2022, 14:02:40The site https://www.locusmap.eu/ is down.

I've noticed the Locus sites (this one, maybe others) sometimes don't load, I think due to DNS failure.  Then I try again, and it works.  I don't know what's happening there; it's been that way for months, and other sites aren't a problem for me.  (My DNS is provided by the VPN service I use.)

EDIT: ...but right now, I can't connect to https://www.locusmap.eu either.  Seems to be a different problem, because it's just waiting (ultimately PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR), whereas the problem I mentioned (which I consider minor) is always an immediate error.

balloni55

Quotecontent of the point bottom panel is generated automatically based on the point. So it depends from where the cache point comes.
sorry didn´t understand
please watch screencast

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7dr4h0gmalsfru/3dotbutton.mp4?dl=0
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Davidos

Hi,

where can I activate the function "option to disable/enable extra automatic zoom-in on navigation comments" in the gold version?

And in general: where do I can find the path of the new functions or how can I find them? I struggle sometimes to find the new anncounces functions. An information about the path in the menu would be great.

Thx.

David
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
web, hmm thanks. Our old server was terminated so the redirect to the correct web www.locusmap.app (used for the last 2 years), does not work. We will fix it, thanks!

@balloni55
ah damn. This was a problem a long time ago in the track screen and I hoped this is already fixed. Restart does not help here, right? Hmm, ...

@Davidos
Extra settings for auto-zoom are directly on the auto-zoom screen.

Much announced news has in the list of news link to the web page with initial idea. So the best place is to check it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Were the Android intents removed in 4.12? Didn't see anything in the changelog, perhaps overlooked it. Anyway, my old Tasker tasks didn't work anymore, using Locus Tasker plugin now instead. I assume that is the recommended solution now?!
  •  

slarti76

Been away for a long holiday, and noticed an annoying thing: When splitting tracks, Locus assigns the current date/time as creation dt to the new tracks. Which is fine, but then I can't sort correctly anymore. "By creation date" will not sort those tracks (same timestamps), and then falls back to alphabetic.

Is it possible to add "Sort by Start date"? Because in the end, 95% of the time that's what I actually need (5% is alphabetic). Of course, tracks without any timestamped point cannot be sorted like this, but in that case fallback to creation date would be ok, I guess (or alphabetic).
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: slarti76 on October 18, 2022, 16:04:46Were the Android intents removed in 4.12? Didn't see anything in the changelog, perhaps overlooked it. Anyway, my old Tasker tasks didn't work anymore, using Locus Tasker plugin now instead. I assume that is the recommended solution now?!
That would be a desaster. I cannot confirm, what exactly? My 4.12.1 auto recorded yesterday and Tasker added a waypoint to the recording. Just fine.

Action: com.asamm.locus.ACTION_TASK
Cat: None
Extra: tasks: { track_record  : { action: "add_wpt", name: "Pause: %pause_minutes minutes", auto_save: true } }
Package: menion.android.locus
Target: Broadcast Receiver
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Tapio on October 19, 2022, 13:54:38
Quote from: slarti76 on October 18, 2022, 16:04:46Were the Android intents removed in 4.12? Didn't see anything in the changelog, perhaps overlooked it. Anyway, my old Tasker tasks didn't work anymore, using Locus Tasker plugin now instead. I assume that is the recommended solution now?!
That would be a desaster. I cannot confirm, what exactly? My 4.12.1 auto recorded yesterday and Tasker added a waypoint to the recording. Just fine.

Action: com.asamm.locus.ACTION_TASK
Cat: None
Extra: tasks: { track_record  : { action: "add_wpt", name: "Pause: %pause_minutes minutes", auto_save: true } }
Package: menion.android.locus
Target: Broadcast Receiver

For me, starting/stopping recording didn't work anymore. But I didn't investigate further, just replaced the calls with Tasker plugin, which worked, so I was happy. That's why I'm asking (and also because I have a faint remembrance that Menion at some point mentioned that intents were outdated and to-be-removed at some point, but I could be wrong).
  •  

Tapio

Definitely works, starting/stopping recording, with save/without is something my Tasker triggers daily a few times.
I'd guess as for actions Tasker Plugin just translates UI into intents.

@Menion, removing Intents, i. e. Locus Action system at some point, pls comment?
Feeling no itch to rework my numerous tasks.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Viajero Perdido

Locus smoothly imported my geocache PQs this morning as always, now using an updated API from Groundspeak.  Well done.

There's a minor glitch in the API regarding names of two obscure cache types that affects GSAK, but I don't know about Locus.  Discussion here:  https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/382502-release-notes-website-pocket-query-api-october-18-2022/&do=findComment&comment=6038267

Probably harmless.  :)
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
Are you using explicit intents? So you directly specify the package of the Locus Map app (menion.android.locus(.pro))?

The time of splitted tracks > can't confirm. Even in the code - the app assigns the "Creation time" of the original track to both two newly generated tracks. Please check it again, thanks.

Btw removing intents, as discussed with @Tapio should be equal to the end of Android. (Almost) everything is inside based on "Intent"s :).

@balloni55
oki, what may I do to simulate it. What about some GPX with caches > if you import any PocketQuery, are all caches affected by this? Weird I've not noticed this problem  :-\

@Viajero Perdido
thanks for the info. Keep me informed if something won't work in the app, but such changes should make no problems.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on October 20, 2022, 13:33:36The time of splitted tracks > can't confirm. Even in the code - the app assigns the "Creation time" of the original track to both two newly generated tracks. Please check it again, thanks.
But that's exactly what I'm saying: Splitted tracks have the same Creation time. So they can't be sorted-by-creation-time anymore, even though one of those tracks clearly "happened" earlier in time. You're just lucky if the titles are alphabetically in the correct order.
What I'm asking for is sort-by-start-time, sorting by the date/time of the first timestamped point in the track.
  •