[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

Menion

Hmm ...
I was working on WhereYouGo in far history. A year+ ago, I moved the whole project under the c:geo team. There were people interested in further development so why not ...

Because of this, I have no influence on how this app works now, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CabrioTourer

I'm sure there was a setting to change it but I can't find.
When navigating to map orientation is auto rotate. Works fine until I stand still. When halt the map rotates to something else. Mostly to more or less oposite direction. I think there was a setting to disable this rotation on hold.

Map rotation mode is set to GPS
  •  

Menion

Hi, hmm and are you sure that the start of the navigation does not apply a "Preset" that has defined different rotation mode? This really looks like a rotation by the sensor or auto-change based on the speed.
  •  

CabrioTourer

Good point but shouldn't be the reason. Map rotation mode isn't included in presets. I'll include it just for testing.

Btw does route recalculation influences back on track detection?
I have recalculation disabled. After starting navigation without being exactly on the route, Locus often doesn't detect that I'm reaching (then follow) route. In this case just a stop/start of navigaton helps.
I never had this when recalculation was enabled.
  •  

Menion

New versions 4.12.1 / 3.63.1 published.

@CabrioTourer
Route recalculation should have no effect on the "Out of track" detection.
Anyway in the worst case when the app does not detect you are back on route, in the navigation menu is the "Nearest point" button that should help here.
  •  

T-mo

Menion, can you provide an afa-version of 4.13.1?
  •  

Menion

Ah sorry, I wrote I've published 4.13.1 > it is 4.12.1 and it already is available on the Google Drive.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

Andrew Heard

Initial observations with xDOP decoding: initial displayed vertical accuracy was more accurate than horizontal - seems very unlikely. Then once xDOP fields were being received & decoded the vertical accuracy was never again displayed. Quite odd.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
normally there are 5 buttons in the bottom bar of the main window of an opened geocache.
Currently, for most geocaches, only 4 buttons are visible for me and the 3-dot button is not visible.
This button is only visible after opening the waypoints and go back or a run a cache update.
after the next start of locus the game starts again from the beginning
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

plu-irin

Quote from: Menion on September 27, 2022, 21:14:12Gallery is visible
a) in your profile (click on the profile in the main menu > My photos)
Good to know, I wouldn't have found it there. Radim mentioned it will be possible to change the published name:

Quote from: Radim V on June 21, 2022, 11:31:59Hi, You will be able to change displayed name to something generic and anonymous.
Couldn't find this functionality. Is it implemented? I don't mind if the people from Locus map know who actually made the photo, but I don't want that it is published under my account name. Not being able to set an alias keeps me away from adding photos.

Tapio

Does "Record only when moving" even work at all? I'm aware of the complexity of movement detection - and GPS position deviation... but here it does never pause. On no movement: GPS points deviate somewhere inside a 10m radius, speed between 0 and 1km/h, nothing unusual IMO.

There's some papers out there, Locus would IMO benefit from movement detection. It then could add additional service like auto adding pause waypoints. "Where and how long did I pause" is some important information for hikers, cyclists...

https://www.cbs.nl/-/media/_pdf/2020/01/stop-and-go-detection-in-gps-position-data.pdf

https://kth.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1065443/FULLTEXT01.pdf

This is just too complex to do in Tasker, I would have done it otherwise. It would be already awesome if Locus could publish a more sophistically calculated movement state via its API (-> Tasker plugin) as a first step.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on October 16, 2022, 12:46:36GPS points deviate somewhere inside a 10m radius, speed between 0 and 1km/h, nothing unusual IMO.
@Tapio sometimes hugely more if poor GPS signal and/or at startup

Quote from: Tapio on October 16, 2022, 12:46:36There's some papers out there, Locus would IMO benefit from movement detection
there is at least 1 popular help topic (many votes) for using movement detection using internal accelerometer but I can't find it. @menion has said a few times it is the best way to fix this situation.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Žajdlík Josef

Today all mobiles have an acceleration sensor. This should be used to detect movement. Or not?
  •  

Andrew Heard

I *finally* found the topic from 4 years ago with 23 votes including last by @menion 14 months ago "I'm already for a month+ working on a completely new manager for sensors and this is something I'll consider in the end of the year"
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/improved-stop-detection-and-distance-calculation-with-a-speed-sensor
so please add your vote if not already

other related topics
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/auto-resume (7 years ago 12 votes)
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/improving_gps_position_with_gyroscope_and_accelerometer (9 years ago, 20 votes)

It would be so much more efficient to find these old topics if the help system help.locusmap.eu had a better search/find facility than just "free text" ;-(
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
thanks for the report Andrew. Weird, will have to test it.

@balloni55
content of the point bottom panel is generated automatically based on the point. So it depends from where the cache point comes.

@plu-irin
the name may already be changed in the profile > open the main menu > click on the top profile > Manage account.

@Tapio & others
"record only when moving" use speed reported by the GNSS unit. Anyway even if not moving, it still only ignores location data but does not pause recording at all. For this, I already have prepared a system using "Google activity recognition", but I was never able to finish it for some public test  :'( . This should allow to detect of changes in movement style so react on pauses or inform about activity & paused recording.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio