[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

settler

Hello,

Quote from: Menion on September 27, 2022, 20:38:18changes in the fullscreen

how can I turn on/off the full screen now? The menu item disappeared and I couldn't find it.
  •  

michaelbechtold

@settler: no need for the switch anymore - the full screen mode is no longer possible ...
  •  

Marek Scholtz

Hi @settler, thank you for question.

Fullscreen mode was added to Locus, when Android did not support translucent status bar and navigation bar. Both system bars were pinned to the screen without possibility to style them. The only option was to hide them to increase space for application (fullscreen mode). Over time, options to style system bars were added and also from 2018 there are many devices with notch, which are unusable with fullscreen mode, because some important UI elements are hidden behind notch. So we decided to delete fullscreen mode from application and improve UI in map screens, so the map is properly visible behind system bars in both orientations. On the other screens, fullscreen mode does not make sense at all.

Menion

@balloni55
hmm I see no report on my email or support locus.map@asamm.com email. May you please check it? Thanks

@Tapio
regards the navigation line coloring issue here, it is currently not a problem. The app draws only a part of the route right "before you" in defined color. Rest till the target is then drawn in a little less visible style, to distinguish the route in case it overlaps.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

balloni55

QuoteI see no report on my email or support locus.map@asamm.com email. May you please check it?
just now i send it again to this mail adress
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

settler

Quote from: Marek Scholtz on September 30, 2022, 08:08:46Hi @settler, thank you for question.

Fullscreen mode was added to Locus, when Android did not support translucent status bar and navigation bar. ... So we decided to delete fullscreen mode from application and improve UI in map screens, so the map is properly visible behind system bars in both orientations. On the other screens, fullscreen mode does not make sense at all.

It's a pity, sometimes the full screen mode was good.

•  

CabrioTourer

[quote author=Menion link=msg=69203 date=1664521563

The app draws only a part of the route right "before you" in defined color. Rest till the target is then drawn in a little less visible style, to distinguish the route in case it overlaps.
[/quote]

Just as a feedback. It's an extremly good feature in my case. Thanks for it.
  •  

Menion

Test version 4.12.0.1 with 15+ small fixes and improvements uploaded for testing.

Seems that an official bug-fix version next week will be necessary :). Btw. have a nice weekend!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

balloni55

V 4.12.0.1
Quotebut when i choose the following procedure LM4 crashes
menu/Locus Store/my profil/my LoPoint photos > FC
confirm solved, thanks :D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on September 29, 2022, 14:42:27are you sure that GGA sentence is received on your tablet? You may record a short NMEA message and share it with me for test, thanks.
@menion - strange, now my dashboard shows xDOP fields, although not vertical accuracy - is that ok? I am in a different state (3000km away), but surely same GGA sentences?

So for testing, should I not see any wacko elevations @ startup, unpause etc. or how to test?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

xDOP update: it appears these values are only parsed/ decoded when NMEA recording is enabled.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
ah thanks, amazing observation. This is it! I'll improve it, so next version will be for sure > perfect  ;)

balloni55

Hello menion
why are no "Co apps" (e.g. WhereYouGo) available inside LM4 for add to sidepanel?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi @balloni55 ,

hmm, good observation. As I see, I've disabled (in the LM4) this option with my comment: "Problem with unification with "add-ons", so for now, visibility in list of functions disabled" > what this means? Do not know :), it happened on 12/2020.

Anyway, as I see, only the c:geo is actively developed. Also, you are the first who noticed this after two years, so it really is not a problem. This is more of a question if this "Co-apps" category makes sense. Here, apps that somehow cooperated with Locus Map are listed. Hmm, it should be a lot more interesting to create a list of apps, that are useful to use together with Locus Map ...

Does it have any advantage to you to have these apps on the list? Because once installed, you should be easily able to add them to the side panel over "Add link to app" right?
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
QuoteBecause once installed, you should be easily able to add them to the side panel over "Add link to app" right?
I fully agree if the desired apps are also available there. ;)

I noticed this difference from LMP to LM4 when I was trying to understand a problem and different statements in connection with WherYouGo.

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8140.0

Some time ago it was possible to select Locus as the map base in the settings of WherYouGo.
 When clicking on "map-button" in WherYouGo, Locus was opened and you could work with this map, a change between the two programs was possible without problems.

With Holger, this seems to still work ?

With me and other users appears with the above settings after a click on map the following window although Locus is installed with me.

A meaningful work is not possible so
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •