scaling up the streetnames like the addon for google maps

Started by dreamteam, October 08, 2011, 19:49:25

dreamteam

Hi,

for my taste on my HTC-Sensation the street names are realy looking tiny in locus.

Google maps has a 3rd party addon (found in google maps  under "Google Labs")

You can the difference easily if you look the google maps by locus and than by google.

Best regards,

dreamteam
  •  

Menion

this is not possible for raster maps because they are already compiled on server and data stored in locus are only images. This is anyway possible for vector maps but in this case, this functionality is missing in MapsForge vector maps rendering library. I suggest to enable double scale resolution in settings->maps or use zoom lock (right button on bottom panel on map screen)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dreamteam

Ok
How  can they do it than in google maps with the addon?

They should have the same restrictions?

Best regards
dreamteam

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

this is not an external addon as I see, but this is done buy some guy that have to have access directly into source code of google maps application. This can be done because google maps use Vector maps and not raster maps.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dreamteam

I see.

Nevertheless it would be a nice feature to have. So if it is not possible at the moment maybe you can put it to the "not yet possible" wishlist.

If I use the bing maps the street names are larger and much better readable, but OSM has better details (in my area)

Best regards,

dreamteam

Quote from: "menion"this is not an external addon as I see, but this is done buy some guy that have to have access directly into source code of google maps application. This can be done because google maps use Vector maps and not raster maps.
  •