[APP] - version 4.11.+ ( 07/2022 )

Started by Menion, July 26, 2022, 15:31:26

CabrioTourer

Btw. I don't use cloud sync even with gold abo.

My Problem is that on my main device a dialog pops up and I can choose sync or download.
I don't know what is the difference in cloud but I know the data on the device are the good one.
So both options are a nogo.

There should be even a upload selection.
As far as I know there is also no way to delete the could data.

So I stuck here. Can't use sync,can't use download and there is no way to start from fresh.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Route planner (4.11.1.3): I copied a track + reversed turn instructions. I then opened with the Route planner & (very) many "zombie" turn instructions points were visible. My guess is the router calculated a slightly different route, but LM should have deleted these original turn instructions right? When I started deleting these points, LM got slower, and slower & slower. No crash, but clearly LM was very confused, the CPU was 100% & I was forced to restart the device.
You cannot view this attachment.
In addition, the circle icon (white top half, red bottom half) was inconsistent with the correct (?) turn instruction icon when the point was tapped to edit.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: CabrioTourer on September 07, 2022, 21:43:36Btw. I don't use cloud sync even with gold abo.

My Problem is that on my main device a dialog pops up and I can choose sync or download.
I don't know what is the difference in cloud but I know the data on the device are the good one.
So both options are a nogo.

There should be even a upload selection.
As far as I know there is also no way to delete the could data.

So I stuck here. Can't use sync,can't use download and there is no way to start from fresh.
@CabrioTourer - have you tried manual sync rather than automatic?
then from Cloud Sync > top menu (dot-dot-dot) > Advanced > Compute sync plan
this will tell you what would happen if full manual sync is performed; for example (although geeky to read)
@menion - reproduce 100% after each "Compute sync plan" - error cUY code 10601"
  •  

CabrioTourer

@Andr
Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 08, 2022, 00:50:16@CabrioTourer - have you tried manual sync rather than automatic?
Some weeks ago. Can't test it today. Option for manual is greyed out.

As far as I remember it shows just some numbers.
For me the feature is useless. What does it help when it shows it will sync x points or y tracks?
I don't know which points, what track I need to backup before the sync.
I have maybe 2000+ points and 200+ tracks??
Even if I would know which one. How can I save these elements without loosing information?
Elements are not stored in single files. The only Locus way I know is export/import but this doesn't support all element features (at least for the formats I checked).
  •  

T-mo

just some comments, though I personally haven't used online-storage yet, but due to experiences with using multiple computers and devices over the years and different tools, finally syncthing (which also has its history and evolution), there are some basic conclusions or extracts
- with mobile devices there is not always data connection or data connection is limited or priced..therefore it easily will happen that synchronisation-state will temporarily be 'somewhere between'
- status of syncing is mandatory - this means status of each item (folder, track, point..whatever) and overall progress has to be precisely known at any time to full degree
- the status should be easily be visible. NOT seeing a status is optional
- no software is perfect (and I don't want to know the amount of time all the softwares have taken as not doing the job as intended by their devs) - the more logging and status is important and missing this is always at cost of people's/users time..always
- conclusion: a vote for basic infos would be a joke..if that feature is not given, best is to not use that feature at all as very very basic thoughts are not understood, that's an adventure-journey by design
  •  

joeloc

Since a few versions, Locus has this hickup where it overwrites the last point when I add another one.

Right now for example, while I am planning a new trip, I scroll around the map and add new waypoints whenever something looks interesting to me. Every new point silently overwrites and deletes the last one I added. This drives me absolutely crazy.

It doesn't happen all the time,  but when it happens, it keeps happening. Restarting Locus or using another folder for points might fix it for a while, but the problem will come back.

Maybe re-check your SQL commands? It sounds like something super silly really... like that bug when deleting points in the editor took minutes instead of milliseconds.

edit: also, sometimes I add a new point and its state is set to invisible right away.
  •  

Jethro10

Quote from: joeloc on September 09, 2022, 08:12:59Since a few versions, Locus has this hickup where it overwrites the last point when I add another one.

Right now for example, while I am planning a new trip, I scroll around the map and add new waypoints whenever something looks interesting to me. Every new point silently overwrites and deletes the last one I added. This drives me absolutely crazy.

It doesn't happen all the time,  but when it happens, it keeps happening. Restarting Locus or using another folder for points might fix it for a while, but the problem will come back.

Maybe re-check your SQL commands? It sounds like something super silly really... like that bug when deleting points in the editor took minutes instead of milliseconds.

edit: also, sometimes I add a new point and its state is set to invisible right away.

Yeah, I get that.
Had it for a few months. Can't see a pattern unfortunately.
J
  •  

Menion

Hi guys

progress during sync: oki oki, I'll look at it. There are a lot of calculations at the beginning and comparing users' local and server data.

@CabrioTourer
if you PM your email address used to sync your data, we may completely clear the content already existing on the server so your first sync only send data to the cloud.

Btw:
"sync" - merge local and server data
"download" - throw away local data and download data from server

@Andrew Heard
The problem with the editing of the reversed route is interesting. I was able to simulate something similar once, but can't repeat it.

I'll look at it later, because it looks like a tiny but "hard to find" problem.

@joeloc & @Jethro10
Adding point problem: this happens directly on the main screen by simple long-click > + button?

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Menion on September 12, 2022, 15:18:54@CabrioTourer
if you PM your email address used to sync your data, we may completely clear the content already existing on the server so your first sync only send data to the cloud.

Btw:
"sync" - merge local and server data
"download" - throw away local data and download data from server

Regarding Btw.: I know. There is a upload missing option here.
There is no way today to deal with such a problem. This is what I wanted to report.

Thanks for your offer. I'll keep my old backup method for now and skip locus sync.

A very minor issue. Just fix in case it's easy:
A mp4 file is not marked as sound file in point detail.

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on September 12, 2022, 15:18:54The problem with the editing of the reversed route is interesting. I was able to simulate something similar once, but can't repeat it.

I'll look at it later, because it looks like a tiny but "hard to find" problem.
@Menion - not generally a problem for me either
  •  

Jethro10

Quote from: Menion on September 12, 2022, 15:18:54Hi guys

@joeloc & @Jethro10
Adding point problem: this happens directly on the main screen by simple long-click > + button?

Yeah, that process. Generally works ok for the first few or several points then, seemingly at a random time for no obvious reason when a point is added, the last one is always deleted. Force stop the application makes it work ok until the next time.
My phone has gone through the Android 11 to 12 update and same issue.
J
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on September 02, 2022, 16:13:36The new Beta version 4.11.1.3 is finally published.
Menion, somewhere you wrote this bug which I mentioned here in forum is fixed: "Geotagged photo view, on first open it cannot be resized - needs a second open". I hope you remember. Problem is still existing in recent beta.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@CabrioTourer
missing "clear server & upload" method is intent. It prevents clearing data on the server by any accident. As I wrote, if rarely someone needs to do this, we do it manually. Because it still happens once per month or less.

"mp4" file in point detail > hmm, good point. I always play just with photos and seems that all other types of files display incorrectly! Thanks.

@Tapio
I've not noticed a problem with the inability to resize photos for some time, so I hope, it is ok now. New Beta will come soon so give it a try, please.
  •  

Tapio

New beta, Fullscreen: So the top Android bar will always be visible now? I don't find any fullscreen option any more. Feels like a step back.

Geotagged photo display is fixed for me, thx.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Yes, it will be. The old solution worked correctly on older devices or devices without any "cutout" (usually a hole caused by the camera).
But, in many cases, it was really a pain. The app was full of various hacks that tried to correctly handle full-screen mode, but it many times worked incorrectly. Mainly if something "floating" was visible, like any dialog or popup window.

So this solution is technically correct and will work on tablets, dual-screen devices etc. So I understand that in some cases, it may reduce the map screen a little, but it is a small tax for a universal correct solution working across all devices.

And thanks for test of photos!
  •