[APP] - version 4.11.+ ( 07/2022 )

Started by Menion, July 26, 2022, 15:31:26

Andrew Heard

Quote from: joeloc on August 22, 2022, 20:56:04could contain a max speed setting above which points would just be dropped. So if in one second my position moves more than eg 30m, don't record it because it must be a bogus indoor crap point.
@joeloc - by itself I don't think this measure would work - while inside & stationary, LM was calculating my speed as 20km/h and some positions were ~3km from actual location. But maybe combined with the accelerometer help topic for detection for a stationary device...

But fortunately there is other potential improvement - the NMEA $GPGSA does indicate very unreliable xDOP when no GPS signal, and could therefore help when fully implemented.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
ah thanks for the reminder.

"Map rotation during navigation" > I'm playing with it and unfortunately no such problem was detected. Rotation is always made without any animation, so instantly. In your case, the map rotates based on the GPS movement so align with the navigation track itself?

@joeloc
white copyright > and what about the dark mode in the app? Then even a copyright button will be dark and not white.

problematic recorded point > in the next app version will be the detection of the HDOP & VDOP values that should block the recording of points with bad signal, so we will see if it helps. "Speed" is not an ideal solution. In your case, it will be 30m jump > oki, it is wrong, but second, it will be 30m/2sec, 30m/3sec etc and in some moment, the point will be saved.

... ah I see that @Andrew Heard already answered, thanks :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on August 23, 2022, 08:11:17@freischneider
ah thanks for the reminder.

"Map rotation during navigation" > I'm playing with it and unfortunately no such problem was detected. Rotation is always made without any animation, so instantly. In your case, the map rotates based on the GPS movement so align with the navigation track itself?

Yes, the alignment is automatic in the direction of travel.
Example:
I am driving south.
Screen turns off.
There is a turn instruction
Screen switches on.
Map is oriented to the north.
Now the map turns to the south.
It must do this for every turn instruction. But it could already happen in the background. Shortly before the screen turns on. Locus knows when to turn on the screen.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

I had forgotten Locus Map Web allows charting the GPS Accuracy. When I view the accuracy of latest reported walk/ sit inside building vs. time, it is (now) quite clear where the inaccuracy is - nice feature. In addition to xDOP there could be hysteresis rather than a fixed threshold i.e. record (as now) once a desired accuracy is reached/ disable once a worse threshold is crossed, and only reenable once a better threshold is crossed.

https://web.locusmap.app/en/?shared_track=NzY4ZjAxMDUtOTFmZi00MjY1LTkzMzMtNzA4OTY4NWRmODlhOjg1MjU5MWYyLTUxNTAtNGFjMS05N2NmLTYxNWVlNjk2NjMyZQ..
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Menion, general question. I was always wondering. Loading a small, 500 mb regional vector map vs. a big 3gb one.

Does this affect power consumption of Locus in any way? I would guess loading big or small map makes no difference for Locus. It probably reads some kind of metadata, table and relevant area. And on map dragging/zooming, Locus would only load, more or less, the visible areas anyway.

Still I was always a bit hesitant about using the big maps.

TIA

Accuracy chart: Awww nice, the app needs Accuracy added as well to the "elevation profile" chart. 👌
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

Menion, I am convinced the conversion of trackpoints to shaping points in route planner can not be found by the average user. The button which has to be tapped looks unrelated, some info is expected there. IMO the functionality should be placed bottom left, maybe even directly.You cannot view this attachment.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

ta-ka

Hello Menion,

As you are clearing some list of unsolved topics, I would like to ask to solve "World map at low zooms" issue, too.

If you select a global map in Maps > Advanced features > Pre-load global map, Locus switches to the global map at low zoom levels independent from Base map type (vector/raster/blank map). The issue can be found on both Locus 4 and Locus classic.
  •  

CabrioTourer

Minor issue.
Number of waypoints in tour details is on left side in case there are via points. Without via points they are on the right side.
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
It is a really interesting problem with rotation. Because the map should stay the same the moment you turn the screen off as when you turn screen on. I do not really know why it internally rotates to the north in your case. I'll be watching it but if there will be a such problem, I'll for sure notice it ... weird.

Just for sure > what Settings > GPS & sensors > Map rotation mode do you use during the navigation?

@Tapio
there should be close to no difference. The only difference I see is that small maps more often trigger "search for the map that may fill empty space" > so auto-loading. That takes some power. So in the end, a bigger map = better :)

Convert of trackpoints to shaping/via > hmm, when you tap on any segment, you see details of this segment. So working with trackpoint here a generally a little problematic. It is similar problem to working with trackpoints when clicking on the recorded track directly on the map screen.

So current solution? Far from ideal, agree. Placing to the bottom? Not a lot better I think. I have some ideas on improvements in the route planner, so later probably ...

@ta-ka
comment in the mentioned topic, thanks

@CabrioTourer
nice icons for waypoints  :) . And thanks, graphics glitch fixed

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

4.11.1.2 beta: "problem with selection of points/ tracks & accidental scroll": now is seems even worse for me on Galaxy Tab A7 (Android 12) in landscape orientation (or at least certainly no less frustrating than before). I attempt to tap the "eye" (visibility) icon & instead scroll instead. Not tested yet on phone in portrait orientation.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on August 31, 2022, 22:06:56@freischneider
It is a really interesting problem with rotation. Because the map should stay the same the moment you turn the screen off as when you turn screen on. I do not really know why it internally rotates to the north in your case. I'll be watching it but if there will be a such problem, I'll for sure notice it ... weird.

Just for sure > what Settings > GPS & sensors > Map rotation mode do you use during the navigation?

I have attached my settings. And I have also made a video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dASTz28LE9KV-8SO66nEgZXx8bnQxUqH/view?usp=sharingYou cannot view this attachment.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Menion on August 31, 2022, 22:06:56@CabrioTourer
nice icons for waypoints  :)

That's the way I show the fun factor on the map. One of the reasons why I like Locus that much. Endless possibilities to do my own stuff. Thanks for this.

Minor issue:
I love the long click on map selection button to switch to recent map. Sometimes a message pops up:
"Selected map is out of current view..."
Would be nice if this can be supressed when using long click.
  •  

Menion

The new Beta version 4.11.1.3 is finally published.

@Andrew Heard, @freischneider, @CabrioTourer, I'll look at it after weekend, thanks.

Andrew Heard

minor grammatical improvement: change plural "remains" to singular "remain"You cannot view this attachment.

The error message (below) occurred sometime during the SRTM download with about 20 files remaining, but I couldn't reproduce it. I had done the first screen capture (above) then turned the display off, and it was on the screen when I turned the display on a few minutes later. Tapping the little 2-arrow Refresh button didn't help, but returning to the Locus Store map > Download correctly downloaded just the remaining ~20 files.You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

luce

In 4.11.1.3, the side panel can't be displayed any more by double clicking (setting = hide automatically)
Best, Lucas
  •