Update of the forum (2022/08)

Started by Menion, August 19, 2022, 14:51:04

Menion

Hi guys,

it has been almost 12 years since I created this forum and posted my first post here. Heh, a long time.

Unfortunately, for a few years, the forum was stuck on the older version without an option to update (because we still used a really old server). And now, we get info that the server is shutting down.

So what should be updated (todo list)
  • missing "Last post button"
  • make a "Recent post" slim
  • enable Tapatalk system

EDIT: just to make it clear (based on comments of my colleagues): this was the only old server we used ;).

So > new server, a new version of this forum, new problems, and many plugins + theme that does not work!

Important is to keep in touch and update the app itself, anyway I'm creating this topic to
  • inform about these changes
  • discuss what features are missing here (on this forum) most and try to do something with it

Thanks for understanding and let me know if there will be any requirement or any problems I did not notice.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Viajero Perdido

Smooth upgrade, at least from the outside looking in.  I just had to log in again, browser auto-fills the details, a few seconds, done.

Looks good too.  :)

Menion

Fine, thanks.
Seems that the "Thanks" plugin does not work correctly.
Probably also Tapatalk will need an update ...
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Good job and Tapatalk is "loading" here and allready showing posts.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Mapper

I like the design and colors of this new forum, well done!
The only problem I have is due to my age and bad eyes, the used font-size is very small and I have to set Firefox to 130% to be able to read it. Is it possible to set font-size in the user account (couldn't find it)?
  •  

Menion

Tapatalk
it really does not seems to work correctly. The Tapatalk plugin is missing and download for this forum version 2.1 does not seems to work.

Hmm seems that using @name works a lot better now, nice.

@Mapper
I'm searching for some info about it, but seems there is no user-based option to set a bigger font, sorry. It may be done only globally over modification of the theme.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Maybe something in the theme is specifying pixels instead of points?  If Mapper uses a super high-res monitor, that may explain it.

The size appears normal for me on my 15yo monitor.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Mapper on August 19, 2022, 18:44:37The only problem I have is due to my age and bad eyes, the used font-size is very small and I have to set Firefox to 130% to be able to read it.
@Mapper with Vivaldi the font-size is set on per-web-page and remembered between sessions; so each webpage can have its own custom size - just press ctrl+ or ctrl- or ctrl0 for zoom in/ out/ reset to 100%. Maybe Firefox has similar?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 19, 2022, 15:53:50Seems that the "Thanks" plugin does not work correctly.
@Menion - well done! The new forum looks great to me in a Windows 10 web browser. Not much testing yet but so far so good. The "Thanks" plugin appears to be working. I did a screen capture of your 4/10/2010 V0.3 release post for my "photo album" - what a great journey you & the team have come along in those 12 years. Here's to another 12 years and a big THANKS. Inline images are now possible like the Help system.
You cannot view this attachment.
the fixed point font is working & I like the new PREVIEW button. Maybe an update to your 12+ year old profile pic ;-)
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Mapper

@Andrew Heard yes with Firefox ctrl+ and ctrl- does work too and I am using it on several websites, it enlarges the entire website though ,not only the font-size.
If I compare the font-size overhere with a dozen other forums I follow this one definetely uses the smallest size.

edit: I found the perfect solution. in Firefox I can set a minimum font-size for all websites and that suits my bad eyes well ;-)

tannenzäpfle

Looks good, but I am missing the Icon on the right of the headline of each thread to go to the last post
Hartmut
  •  

Tapio

Finally, a mobile interface, thanks (I don't like Tapatalk).
Can we have a compressed view of https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?action=recent ?

It's the place where I usually go. With all the brand header, initially I can spot only 2 topics, it could be... 15.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys.

"Recent list" and "Last post" button > I was looking at it and I see no simple method in the settings of the forum, where to enabled it. I've at least added to the small "Todo" in the first post.
  •  

Saturo

I get Network Error with Tapatalk.
  •  

tannenzäpfle

Please find enclosed a screenshot of of user actions. To mark "dont show again" does not work properly, next time this screen appears once more

Sorry no screenshot cannot find je how to add a local file

Thank you Tapio a little bit inconvenientYou cannot view this attachment.
  •