Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
26. 7. 2022 - Locus 4.11.0
11. 8. 2022 - Locus 4.11.1
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

T-mo

using 4.11 as of today

I suggest to pause latest brainstorming on presets for some releases and updated features, until new calls possible, probably Menion and team save existing links, ideas and comments to some MS OneNote or alike. BR

Andrew Heard

you probably find only 0.01% of users use Presets, so far bigger fish to fry; maybe there are analytics behind the scenes to justify development in certain areas
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 27, 2022, 00:55:08
you probably find only 0.01% of users use Presets, so far bigger fish to fry; maybe there are analytics behind the scenes to justify development in certain areas

Andrew Why do you think so? I think Locus Presets needs. Without them I can not even imagine using locus.

Menion

It is not too important how much they (presets) are currently used. They are a core part of the app and many users a) do not know they exist or b) use them without knowing they exist (they are predefined for navigation).

Anyway, I think there definitely is a space for improvements. I've also created a task with a link to the discussion in "4.10 version" topic, so I'll for sure look at it and let you know.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
thanks for the new version with LoPoint photos.
My question, how should a "normal" user of Locus find this function?
Neither under the search in Locus or the knowledge base nor in the blogpost are there any hints.
I myself had to search for a long time until I found this post...
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7994.0

there is a small display problem with me, see SS

where do I find the NTRIP function in the official version? I am lucky to have this function saved in a preset

Quoteoption to limit LoPoint photo uploading with wifi-only setting
where can i find this setting option

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

lor74cas

Hello,
HEIC format is not supported in lopoints for adding users photos.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
in the locus profile editor, trying to change the profile picture, the filename too long moved the save button out to the right.
You need a line break based on the screen width of the filename or something else to show the save button correctly
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
thanks for the feedback regards LoPoints. These questions are mainly for Marek and @Radim V, who is responsible for this feature on the Android device.

@balloni55
NTRIP: it is not (yet) included in the public version. I still think it needs a little more testing. Does it work when you "restore" the panel from presets? Funny, it is more a mistake then intent :)

@lor74cas
and the situation complicates because this part is for @janaton  :)
  •  

balloni55

QuoteDoes it work when you "restore" the panel from presets?
you mean if I restore the settings from a backup?

I don't want to lose NTRIP, but as you ask, there is a possibility that after restoring the backup, the function is no longer available...
Or have I understood this wrong
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on July 27, 2022, 07:45:25

Andrew Why do you think so? I think Locus Presets needs. Without them I can not even imagine using locus.
@Žajdlík Josef - LM4 5M+ downloads, LM3 probably even more, but just a few regular beta users in this forum. I agree with you Presets are a great power-user feature but it would be interesting to see how many out of 10M+ Locus users are aware of & use this feature. I'm just trying to say with limited developer resources there are possibly more important areas to develop that would give more bang-for-your-buck for more users.

In this review of 6 best navigation apps for bicycle touring https://wobblyride.com/2022/03/29/best-navigation-apps-for-bicycle-touring/ sadly IMHO Locus is not mentioned. I have experimented with all other 6 apps (long time ago) and settled on LM as the best. I would suggest every LM user who reads the review, adds a comment to promote LM and provide wider exposure.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on July 25, 2022, 08:55:17
eh 1500m jump, that is not nice  :). Well, the app already skips the first few locations to avoid these problems. But I also noticed almost everytime, that the first few points have a higher elevation than it should be. Oki, thanks for the push, I'll at least look it ...
@Menion et. al. it was quite interesting to read in topic/29047-force-full-gnss-measurements-setting-android-12-and-up-no-more-digging-into-the-android-system about the GPSTest app. Although my phone is getting old (Galaxy A520 2017, Android 8 ) I am still encouraged to see (attached) from GPSTest app there is a Vertical Dilution of Position (VDOP) which gives an indication of GPS vertical accuracy. So it should be possible to require a VDOP threshold before  track recording is enabled in the same way as existing settings - Track Recording > profile.x > Required GPS (horizontal) accuracy.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 28, 2022, 01:35:20
Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on July 27, 2022, 07:45:25

@Žajdlík Josef - LM4 5M+ downloads, LM3 probably even more, but just a few regular beta users in this forum. I agree with you Presets are a great power-user feature but it would be interesting to see how many out of 10M+ Locus users are aware of & use this feature. I'm just trying to say with limited developer resources there are possibly more important areas to develop that would give more bang-for-your-buck for more users.

In this review of 6 best navigation apps for bicycle touring https://wobblyride.com/2022/03/29/best-navigation-apps-for-bicycle-touring/ sadly IMHO Locus is not mentioned. I have experimented with all other 6 apps (long time ago) and settled on LM as the best. I would suggest every LM user who reads the review, adds a comment to promote LM and provide wider exposure.

All cyclists and tourists I know want a simple application of free Mapy.cz do not want to think about the settings and options that Locus applications offer. I think that the Locus team knows it and does not compete directly with them. Mapy.cz or Google have big teams of people.
I agree with Menion that the presets will have to be modified, but it takes more discussion on this topic.

Tapio

Usability vs. features, the old story.
All cyclists and tourist... after all, want a stupid app capable of... not much..., hence easy to operate. The most successful one would be the one which is most shiny, most fireworks on top of nothingness, where they can put most of their belief in. There's a word for it: Apple.
I prefer competence over fireworks. And I admit, after all those years we deal with IT, I'm pretty disappointed by the users average level.
Sorry for the arrogant hate post, sometimes I need that 😁
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Marek Scholtz

Quote from: balloni55 on July 27, 2022, 12:45:40
Quoteoption to limit LoPoint photo uploading with wifi-only setting
where can i find this setting option

Hi @balloni55,

wifi only connection switch is present in Settings in Miscellaneous section.
  •