[APP] - version 4.10.+ ( 06/2022 )

Started by Menion, June 02, 2022, 13:32:35

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on July 25, 2022, 13:15:46
There is more options on how to improve Presets. I'm still playing in my mind with two
- remember state before applying preset and allow restoring the previous state (already used in the navigation!)
- change the whole concept that you will be always in one active! preset (profile) and will just switch between them
I don't think the second option is a great idea: If implemented like that, every change of a setting *must* also change the active preset. That's definitely not what I want: If e.g. I change the map theme, I still want the original preset theme when I next activate it.
Only solution to this, I think would be that every change puts you in "unsaved preset", which you then can save, or discard when activating another preset. That would actually be cool, but I image it being rather complicated to implement.
Currently, I'm very happy with the existing system.

Tapio

I am 100% fine on how presets work. Personally I have zero urge to have them kind of bidirectional - i. e. undo, or return to a previous state.

What I was thinking is "function bar in presets" needs another thought. They are complex to maintain. Let's say you have 5 presets which change function bars, but only 2 kinds of function bars. You always have to make function bar changes in any of those, which have the same style. Maybe function bars need an own preset system, just like dashboards. Or possibly make life easier, like copy/paste whole button setup to clipboard.

In all changes please don't forget the people controlling presets from outside, via intent.
No need for Locus asking which preset to use (one of Freischneiders ideas).

Changing the preset system fundamentally is probably... dangerous. IMO it's more important to rewrite the Lopoi system.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

Žajdlík Josef

I also like the current situation. Perhaps it would be enough to add alerts for starting users when creating a new preset: "The current settings will change if you make changes to the preset settings settings. If you want to keep the settings, save it as a separate preset"
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on July 26, 2022, 11:10:30What I was thinking is "function bar in presets" needs another thought. They are complex to maintain. Let's say you have 5 presets which change function bars, but only 2 kinds of function bars. You always have to make function bar changes in any of those, which have the same style. Maybe function bars need an own preset system, just like dashboards. Or possibly make life easier, like copy/paste whole button setup to clipboard.
+1

While I'm dreaming: ;)
Presets for track styles.
For me, track styles don't map 1:1 to folders. In fact, they usually don't map at all. It would be more like
- folder "Holiday 2022"
- different styles for "Biking", "Hiking", "Road Trip", etc.
Right now, I have to keep my own list of track style parameters for different activities.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, thanks for the nice discussion regards presets. I'll have to read it carefully and let you know in the new topic related to the new 4.11 version here.

It was long two months. Some vacations on our side (hope you all had some too), but mainly work on support for LoPoints photos (Marek) and many smaller improvements and fixes (myself).

Hope you find the new versions useful. Well, I'm sure you did because as usual, many of the changes were initiated by you   :). Thanks again and enjoy a (little too much) sunny days.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo, luce