[APP] - version 4.10.+ ( 06/2022 )

Started by Menion, June 02, 2022, 13:32:35

baegas

Thank you
New beta version works fine with internet RTK and runs fine in background
I haven't tested whether it works for more than an hour yet, so I need to test it a bit more, but it works very well for a short connection
Some improvements have to change the spelling of the title NRTIP, and the mount point is not activated depending on the server I mentioned before.
And when RTK is connected, it is not displayed.
So, as I said before, it would be better to display the GPS quality like the screenshot.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

arnor

Quote from: michaelbechtold on July 21, 2022, 23:14:11
@arnor: "file path can no longer be used" may give a hint?
Do you have a paid Dropbox account? Free ones have a limit of 3 devices, I experienced.
Yes. I have a paid Dropbox-account.

To avoid misunderstandings, I checked with Dropbox.  I have a Plus subscription there.  The number of devices that can be 'connected' and synchronized is unlimited.

I don't know why a path wouldn't be available.  Within the Dropbox app, one specific account is used on all devices.  In addition, some folders from Dropbox (including the folder in which I want to place the backups) are also available offline on all devices.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I've had a few forum discussions about the initial inaccuracy of vertical elevation over the years i.e. before the phone has had sufficient time to stabilize the GPS (one from 2017). In the attached screen cap the real elevation should remain about 50m +/- 5m but clearly the track recording was started when the vertical accuracy was +/-1500m. Crazy & stupid. It appears the GPGGA NMEA "sentence" has a Horizontal Dilution of Precision field (HDOP) but no Vertical Dilution of Precision that could be used to avoid such silliness. Is there another way the device/ Android/ GPS/ Locus could calculate the accuracy of its vertical elevation & prevent recording until a certain threshold was (optionally) achieved? Sorry @menion, you may have already answered in 2017 but thought this particular chart was quite amusing ;-)
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

luce

I played a bit with the "next turn" panel and after disabling it and then setting it to "full" again, the grey button (the one without an icon) has come to stay...
Now every time I start a navigation, this button appears although it is not needed because the "next turn" panel works as a button.
This is not intended behaviour, is it?
  •  

luce

The "manage account" and the "purchase history" screen stay empty in the latest app version (4.10.0.11 – RC).
  •  

luce

"Alternative screen off" method is definitely broken. It worked well for some app versions, but it does not any more. Toggling the switch on and off makes no difference. Using another app, e.g. a music player app paralelly to Locus is not possible any more without unlocking my phone by putting the PIN every time I want to change the volume, skip a song etc.

I didn't update my OS, I checked the "admin mode" setting and the "allow to change system settings" setting of Locus.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this and how to make it work again?
  •  

luce

My bottom panel is set to stay permanently, my left panel is set to disappear within a certain time or by double-tapping. The panel orientation is set to "centered".

When I turn my phone so that the screen orientation changes from portrait to landscape and then turn the phone to portrait again, the left panel is suddently aligned at the bottom.

Double-tapping twice restores the centring of the panel. See screen cap video.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AredTfs4J1f5gugAfaSpHkWh96QI5w
  •  

Menion

@T-mo, @tapio
There is more options on how to improve Presets. I'm still playing in my mind with two
- remember state before applying preset and allow restoring the previous state (already used in the navigation!)
- change the whole concept that you will be always in one active! preset (profile) and will just switch between them

I'm just not sure if I want to spend quite a lot of time with the second option (that I like more) ...

@arnor
discussed in a separate topic, weird anyway

@baegas
hmm, finally, amazing! Thanks for the patience.
More info about current GNSS status is already done in Locus GIS. I'll think about how to bring these values to Locus Map as well. Well, firstly we have to internally confirm, that NTRIP support should be added to Locus Map  :)

@Andrew Heard
eh 1500m jump, that is not nice  :). Well, the app already skips the first few locations to avoid these problems. But I also noticed almost everytime, that the first few points have a higher elevation than it should be. Oki, thanks for the push, I'll at least look it ...

@luce
- "Navigation menu" > thanks, got it
- Empty screens > hmm, it seems to work correctly for me. Hope it was just a temporary problem of "older" version
- "Screen off, alt. version" > as I see, I was not touching this function since January. Sorry, no idea ..
- align of the side panel > thanks, fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

CabrioTourer

I have a simple request.
When searching for a address using online google just use online google ;)

Jokes apart.
I noticed for quite a while the search is a bit stupid.
I'm normally copy contact info from a Website and search in Locus. The chance is high to get many results which has not much to do with the search or often I get no result at all.

Just as an example.
I searched for:
"Hotel Linger
Naunweg 21
I-39057 Girlan an der Weinstraße"
It finds nothing.

Now I have a tasker task to use Google Geocoding Api to search for the content in clipboard. Here it finds the location without any problem.
I even have not to deal with multiple useless result. At least for me it finds almost always what I was looking for.

I guess there were special request which over complicates the search algorithmen in Locus. Maybe it's a good idea to add a "simple search" toggle to just use the normal google/bing/.... approach.

Tapio

@CabrioTourer. I have written a Tasker task, which uses OSM Nominatim search because the API is open. I was thinking about extending it with Google.

Did you need an API key for Google? Because creating one is a bit tough.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

CabrioTourer

Yes you need a API key. As long as you already have a google account with a pay account it's not that complicate. I guess you have one bcs you have Locus.
Search on Youtube for a how to. There are many.
  •  

Tapio

K thx, it may be easy, I already have a "directions" key.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

freischneider

Idea Preset:
1. at the end of the start process there is a question which preset should be used.
2. the last preset is loaded
3. a very specific preset is loaded
4. no preset is loaded and the normal settings are used. This should also be the default setting.

Why 1: For the user who changes very often between preset. When I start Locus I know exactly why and what I want to do (what to look at, what to test, hiking, MTB, Geocaching. So I am quickly at my preset and do not forget to set it.

Why 2: I do not know if this option is needed at all. If I did something different last time like this time, I have the wrong preset. If I always do the same thing, 3. is good too.

Why3: If I always do the same thing 90% of the time, then this preset is always loaded. And in the other 10% I just have to select another one in the main menu.

Why 4: This option is for new users. They don't know what preset is yet and it should be as simple and intuitive as possible in the beginning.

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on July 25, 2022, 13:15:46
There is more options on how to improve Presets. I'm still playing in my mind with two
- remember state before applying preset and allow restoring the previous state (already used in the navigation!)
- change the whole concept that you will be always in one active! preset (profile) and will just switch between them

I'm just not sure if I want to spend quite a lot of time with the second option (that I like more) ...
@menion - although I am very happy with existing presets, I think the 2nd option is

• conceptually easier to understand
  • so easier to document
  • less error prone > less upset users, less support
  • has inherent restore-previous-state mechanism
but agree with time involved.

conceptually Vertical Dilution of Precision (VDOP) is well described but after a bit of searching I couldn't find any method of obtaining within Android
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

CabrioTourer

Sorry for short OT
Quote from: tapio on July 25, 2022, 19:21:33
K thx, it may be easy, I already have a "directions" key.

Google is much better than nominatim. I compared it today.
  •