[APP] - version 4.10.+ ( 06/2022 )

Started by Menion, June 02, 2022, 13:32:35

T-mo

plannings for introducing custom buttons in dashboards would improve flexibility and if so, I am with tapio, it should be possible to trigger any kind of action with it, like any other digital (UI) or hardware button would do.

@Menion: when optimizations in LoPoints and search get addressed, I suggest to also use some 2 weeks of collecting/sharing ideas, opinions, needs upfront

freischneider

The map orientation during navigation is not optimal. I have the screen off during navigation. Locus turns the screen on briefly when a turn is indicated.
The first thing that happens after switching on: Locus has to align the map first and everything spins. Locus always starts to rotate the map from north. If I drive to the south, it is a lot of turning. After that I am iritated for a while. That's why I have to leave the screen on longer. Which of course costs a lot of battery.
Suggestion: Locus gives turn-by-turn directions based on the distance to the turn, in seconds. Locus could align the map in the background 2-3 seconds before turning on the screen.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

CabrioTourer

Quote from: tapio on July 17, 2022, 17:16:28
Personally I wish userdef functions as in "Quick bookmarks" could find their way up front. I have  lots of useful stuff in there, usually linked to Tasker.
Could you explain me how you connent to tasker? The only way I found was with Secondary Tasker App which is very limited.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: CabrioTourer on July 17, 2022, 15:58:43
Indeed but my needs are just simpler. It's hard to touch the right button while riding.
For me a placeholder which does nothing, just to separate the active ones would be helpful.
@CabrioTourer - indeed x 2 - I've have similar ideas in multiple help topics over years (including dummy "placeholder" button) but not enough votes. Although more work (for @Menion), being able to space out buttons in a custom dashboard (including Zoom buttons) would give you ultimate user-control of placement. Thinking further ahead, these custom dashboards may even be shared via Cloud Sync, and templates available from the Locus store.

@menion - regards 4.10.0.9 beta

• "support for com.mg.raintoday" - how to test?
  • "improved own icon in Live tracking" - see 1st attached - icon is painted before the track so mostly hidden; I recall months back suggesting icon is painted over track for better visibility & you agreed? maybe
  • bottom saved track info panel - top of 2-row track name is truncated; may be a recent issue - see 2nd attached; I don't recall this happening before
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Tapio

Quote from: CabrioTourer on July 17, 2022, 22:10:31Could you explain me how you connent to tasker? The only way I found was with Secondary Tasker App which is very limited.

Much easier way... And you can pass %par1 and %par2 into tasks just as in "Perform Task" command:

tasker://assistantactions?task=MyTask&par1=whateverArgument&par2={mapLat},{mapLon},{mapEle}

You may be interested... I'm sharing useful GPS related stuff up on Taskernet, eg. Pluscode, Latlon format converters, or a geopos calculator.

https://taskernet.com/?user=AS35m8kdDIMDeveQcQfRglam%2Fah1mTW%2FWcg05FZ39c0i1q%2F77iY3E7cIwxCkXqJTaTA%3D
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

CabrioTourer

Interesting. I just completed a tasker projekt to add points of comments for my "known street" database.
Means recording audio while riding, translate into text. Create a kmz file with location, audio and transcription which can be imported in locus.

The tasker side is ok for me. What I would like to know is how you trigger the tasker tasks from Locus. Specialy if you have an idea to even parse parameters.
You mentioned something like "quick bookmark" in first post but have no idea what you mean.

Bcs it's off topic to locus you might give me a hint via Email mzk@libertynet.eu
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: CabrioTourer on July 18, 2022, 17:00:58
Interesting. I just completed a tasker projekt to add points of comments for my "known street" database.
Means recording audio while riding, translate into text. Create a kmz file with location, audio and transcription which can be imported in locus.

The tasker side is ok for me. What I would like to know is how you trigger the tasker tasks from Locus. Specialy if you have an idea to even parse parameters.
You mentioned something like "quick bookmark" in first post but have no idea what you mean.

Bcs it's off topic to locus you might give me a hint via Email mzk@libertynet.eu
Is not an issue for here. But maybe open a topic in the forum. eg. Other Features. It might be useful for others too.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

@CabrioTourer: Quick Bookmark is something you can add to Locus toolbars/menu.

Additionally there's Falcos Tasker plugin. This one offers another possibility to start Tasker tasks. Since you can send arguments with quick bookmarks, I start map position dependent tasks from there. Not position related tasks from the plugin menu.

Menion

@tapio
right, currently regex "search" works only for points & tracks filter

@arnor
hmm, the problem with Dropbox > app should refresh the required access token automatically, but when this does not happen, please try to logout and login again (top three-dot menu in toolbar), thanks

@baegas
thanks for the log. I see that the app tries incorrectly read RTCM messages, so I've for now disabled some "message analysis". It should work in next version, thanks.

@freischneider
Because of optimizations, the compass should be disabled when the screen is off. Anyway good point, I'll look at it. In the worst case, I should at least disable rotation animation, so it should happen instantly.

--- TASKER ---

I'm also not skilled too much with tasks, so maybe it should be interesting to discuss this in a separate topic(s)? Feel free to create any ... and I've created a board for this here.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

CabrioTourer

I'll add a task after I checked the possibilities tapio mentioned.
  •  

T-mo

Hmmm, I'm quite sure I noted this once:
I don't use presets a lot and I am familiar with all settings, so I'm fine.
Though in my opinion as new user you might get easily misleading and the most important notice is only given after hitting a button: see screenshot.
IMHO this should be noted above the presets..as any already available choice will apply the pre-settings (just a limited number of all, sure) and will move you away from your current settings - whatever you are using now, and maybe you are not aware of, after applying it will not be available any more, no undo also. Tryout is a one way ticket.
So creating a new preset is a must have as 1st step..or try and error.
If it would be up to me I would check preset usage.. if applying a preset 1st time or after 3 months of inactivity here, spend a note and request confirmation.
  •  

Tapio

Applying presets changes current setting(s). I mean, this is the very core concept. You think that's not clear enough? After all, people could restore settings from backup.
Or you convince Menion, "undo" is a good idea. Upon applying a preset, Locus would have to internally store the settings which are about to be changed. Sounds doable...
  •  

arnor

Quote from: Menion on July 18, 2022, 22:18:04
@arnor
hmm, the problem with Dropbox > app should refresh the required access token automatically, but when this does not happen, please try to logout and login again (top three-dot menu in toolbar), thanks

I've tried all sorts of things now.  Restart app, device, dropbox.  It didn't help.  What might be of interest is the following:

We use a total of 4 devices here.  Two of my own on 1 Locus account.  Two others belong to my wife on a different Locus account.  Locus 4.10 runs on all these devices.  Both my wife and I use the same types of devices, namely a Samsung A52 as a smartphone and a Samsung A6 as a tablet.

For the time being, I have organized separate backup folders for all devices within the same Dropbox account.

The same (already reported) problem occurs with my tablet and my smartphone.  My wife's tablet does get a follow-up screen where the intention is apparently to choose a folder, but a folder structure is not visible.  My wife's smartphone does show an error message, but something different from mine.  The message has been added here.

My device appears to have access to the Google Drive cloud.

I hope you can do something with this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-P610 met Tapatalk

•  

michaelbechtold

@arnor: "file path can no longer be used" may give a hint?
Do you have a paid Dropbox account? Free ones have a limit of 3 devices, I experienced.
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: tapio on July 21, 2022, 10:05:21
Applying presets... You think that's not clear enough? After all, people could restore settings from backup.
:) your comment point to a detail I first wanted to note about the help/manual but did not.
I am also saying 'applying a preset' instead of 'activating a preset'. Super nerdy detail i know.
The very 1st time I thought it might be about Profiles..thank god it's not. Reading help..zzzip, finished. Let's use that another time.
Hmmm, warning or offer 'With Presets you can reset whole Locus with two taps.'  :D
I doubt most do backups of settings before testing e.g. presets, might be wrong, available to Premium-grade anyway.
  •