[APP] - version 4.10.+ ( 06/2022 )

Started by Menion, June 02, 2022, 13:32:35

Menion

@tapio
thanks for the other test of the dashboard. Damn ... so next attempt, sorry for this.

@luce
align of a content button & zoom buttons > thanks, improved. Small buttons are now aligned to "Map content" button. Big zoom buttons now, but here it does not seems to be so visible = no problem. Btw. nice usage of the "grid"  :D

Scale view > good point, fixed.

@CabrioTourer
ah, M4a was not considered as an "audio" format. Should be fixed, thanks

Not working link > thanks, the problem was in "comma", fixed

@balloni55
Hmm, this is weird. And without NTRIP you are able to get any sats & accuracy? If so, what happens when you enable NTRIP a little later (once you will have valid fix & sats)?

@baegas
If you long click on the app main menu, there is an option "Log to file". If you enable this option and try it again, app should create a log with more info in the Locus/logs directory. This file should help, thanks.

@Andrew Heard
The dark compass button was really a problem with the current red rose. Because of this, I've left it white for now.

@T-mo
- hexagons in semi-transparent buttons > weird right? Some issue in the Android library that is visible only in case, buttons are semi-transparent. I was trying to find and hack on this > but no success so far.

- "lock button" > hmm almost invisible, good point

@luce
search, well ... I do not think there is a need to explain anything. Search is bad in the app and it is something we will work on this!! year for the app and also for the web. What you see is the combined result of the search of the selected search engine and also our own online LoPoints (colored symbols). Thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

CabrioTourer

@Menion
Beside the comma problem. Looks like url is lost when importing a kmz.
I created a point. Added a url. I tried different ones. For example strawberryperl.com.
Exported the point as kmz.
Deleted point and imported the kmz.
Point was created but without any url.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on July 13, 2022, 14:19:21
The dark compass button was really a problem with the current red rose. Because of this, I've left it white for now.
@menion - no worries, unlike Zoom buttons, I don't have any strong feeling with compass button
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

@luce
search, well ... I do not think there is a need to explain anything. Search is bad in the app and it is something we will work on this!!
And search results.

I needed to search for all tracks with track titles starting with 2022, in order to export them all. Not possible, no regex, text search is only a simple "contains" match. Ok. But the results! Pretty useless if there's many matches. No multiselect, no commands, just pick one for viewing.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on July 14, 2022, 09:15:04
Not possible, no regex
@tapio - see attached - I haven't tested but regex is mentioned.
  •  

Menion

@CabrioTourer
with KML it is a problem. As I know, such fields are not natively supported, as well as many others. So this is probably missing in KML workflow. Suggest to use GPX instead ;)

@tapio
the whole search needs to be re-worked, we know it very well!

Search by regex: very nice description of this feature by Geordghere.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on July 14, 2022, 14:18:05
@CabrioTourer
with KML it is a problem. As I know, such fields are not natively supported, as well as many others. So this is probably missing in KML workflow. Suggest to use GPX instead ;)

@tapio
the whole search needs to be re-worked, we know it very well!

Search by regex: very nice description of this feature by Geordghere.
Wait, you are saying there's a regex engine behind it? Will try. EDIT: Ok, not yet in Point/track search, right? I simply tried ^2022.*
Functionality will be useful if we can do more with the results, but I fully understand it's not there yet.
  •  

CabrioTourer

No problem.

Some cool feature I found.
Searched for a restaurant. Selected the search result. Added a point at that location.
Locus filled out not just the address, even Telephon Number and Url. Genius.
Thanks Locus team.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Tapio

Dashboards vs. presets in todays new beta:
WORKS. Very likely. Thx Menion. Will observe. For every preset the dashboard had to be defined again in order to display the correct one.

Andrew Heard

just in case any of you beta users missed this comment from @menion https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/28029-v4-gui-improvement-by-offering-more-freedom-of-panel-placement#comment-115823 (29th June, currently 2nd to last comment in thread) just imagine the possibilities of laying out all your own buttons & other GUI objects on a fully custom dashboard - wouldn't that be awesome ;D
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio, luce

arnor

I get an error by backup settings to Dropbox.
  •  

baegas

@baegas
If you long click on the app main menu, there is an option "Log to file". If you enable this option and try it again, app should create a log with more info in the Locus/logs directory. This file should help, thanks.

This is a log file for connection errors when connecting to Ntrip.
  •  

luce

Thanks Menion for version 4.10.0.9:

– Scale aligned to left side: looks tidy
– New zoom lock badge: looks cool
– Point detail in side container: better usability

:)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 17, 2022, 06:50:14
just imagine the possibilities of laying out all your own buttons & other GUI objects on a fully custom dashboard - wouldn't that be awesome ;D

Indeed but my needs are just simpler. It's hard to touch the right button while riding.
For me a placeholder which does nothing, just to separate the active ones would be helpful.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 17, 2022, 06:50:14
just in case any of you beta users missed this comment from @menion https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/28029-v4-gui-improvement-by-offering-more-freedom-of-panel-placement#comment-115823 (29th June, currently 2nd to last comment in thread) just imagine the possibilities of laying out all your own buttons & other GUI objects on a fully custom dashboard - wouldn't that be awesome ;D
This is good news. Personally I wish userdef functions as in "Quick bookmarks" could find their way up front. I have  lots of useful stuff in there, usually linked to Tasker. Latest addition: "Goto clipboard" - Map instantly jumps to clipboards position - All kinds of latlon formats and pluscodes allowed 🙂. idk, the Locus way is just to buried for me.
  •