[APP] - version 4.10.+ ( 06/2022 )

Started by Menion, June 02, 2022, 13:32:35

luce

... and I know I'm getting on your nerves a little bit, but the position of the scale bar is really strange in the left handed layout. To my mind it would be most logical to mirror the bar (compared to the right handed layout) so that its left side is fixed directly beside the (c) sign and its right side varies accouding to the chosen zoom factor.
  •  

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Menion on July 08, 2022, 10:09:42

@CabrioTourer
Interesting problem with attachment. I'm trying it with the simple picture over GPX or KML and in both cases, it seems to work correctly. May you please share any problematic file with me? Thanks.

Thanks for your test.This forced me to do it with other files and the answer is that the issue depends on the file extension.
I exported a file with three attachments. Mp3, mp4 and m4a
The last one (m4a) doesn't work.The other two do.

•  

balloni55

QuoteA quick test with version 4.10.0.8?
now NTRIP caster can be saved :)

and i can start and stop it

for now
- although i get the info connected, i canĀ“t see any messages
- sat used > 0
- horiz. accuracy > 0
- no accuracy circle visible on map
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

baegas

As in the first screenshot, it almost coincided with the green dot created using RTK (I made a reference point with RTK in advance using another app and tested it against that point)

The connection to the NTRIP server was successful and RTK Fix was performed, and the horizontal accuracy was 1cm (2nd screenshot), but sometimes a network error occurs.

Connection is smooth through mobile communication network or wifi with only one smartphone, but when using two smartphones to connect to a hotspot, a connection error occurs after connecting to the NTRIP server (3rd screenshot)

And if you run it in the background, the locus map will stop running.

It would be nice to display the GPS (GNSS) quality like the last screenshot (Example of GPS quality display: 2D, 3D, DGPS, RTK Float , RTK Fix)
  •  

balloni55

V 4.10.0.8
furthermore problem with dashboard inside preset, for me always first of available dashboard in list is used
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

CabrioTourer

I found a issue for points. It's not possible to save a point if link url for a google maps link was added. For example like:
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=47.6901176,9.8241102&q=47.6901176,9.8241102&z=18.5

I exported a point with a easy link and changed kml with the Google Maps Link .Complete import doesn't work in this case. I guess bcs special chars needs to be escaped. Might be the same for the point edit dialog.
  •  

Andrew Heard

No one has commented on the change of Zoom button color in 4.10.0.8. I like it - consistent with other buttons & better contrast, but being such a big visual change I'm hoping there isn't a user backlash & reversion to original color scheme :D
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 12, 2022, 03:40:28
No one has commented on the change of Zoom button color in 4.10.0.8. I like it - consistent with other buttons & better contrast, but being such a big visual change I'm hoping there isn't a user backlash & reversion to original color scheme :D
Thoughts on the compass needle button? It's still white. I'm undecided.

I hesitate to (auto) hide the centering button btw only because then the bump in the bottom bar is unnecessary. That makes no sense. It should be evened out or maybe the centering going into the bottom bar.

The logic show/hide in case of the centering button should rather be: "show outside / inside bottom bar"
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: tapio on July 12, 2022, 11:35:13
Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 12, 2022, 03:40:28

I hesitate to (auto) hide the centering button btw only because then the bump in the bottom bar is unnecessary. That makes no sense. It should be evened out or maybe the centering going into the bottom bar.

The logic show/hide in case of the centering button should rather be: "show outside / inside bottom bar"
I would leave the compass white. With black, the red north arrow is hard to see. Poor contrast black and white.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

T-mo

- cannot really see a change
- do the buttons have a 1px border of different color? Looks a bit strange, some visual effect
- compass needle - this way ok to me
- blue color of lock-symbol for centering-lock is still of low contrast and super ugly

balloni55

Quote from: luce on July 09, 2022, 10:37:02
Hello Menion,
just a visual thing: The zoom buttons and the map content button are not exactly aligned. Probably this was the case all the while, but now, with all buttons having the same colour, it catches my eye :)
Best, Lucas
for me the effect only occurs when the zoom button size is set to small
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

T-mo

now I see with zoom in my screenshots above..each button has an octogonal shape in the background-layer
maybe some transparency/alpha-channel leftover or support for contrast, dunno
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on July 12, 2022, 11:35:13
good point but I'm also undecided
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

luce

Hello!
When I search for e.g. a restaurant with the inbuilt online search tool, I get double entrys (see screenshot). Happens with Google and GraphHopper, but not with Bing. I am not sure since when this behaviour is occurring, anyway it's not new.
  •  

luce

Another search issue:
When I look for "persisch" (persian) directly in Google Maps, I get restaurants in 7 or 8 km distance.
When i put the same word "persisch" in the inbuilt Google search in Locus, I get none of the near restaurants, but such in 139 to 721 km distance.  :o
Obviously the search algorithm is not the same. It would be nice if Locus would display the same search results. As for now, sometimes I have to use Locus and Google Maps parallelly when I am searching e.g. for restaurants.
Best, Lucas
  •