[APP] - version 4.9.+ ( 04/2022 )

Started by Menion, April 25, 2022, 16:11:17

Menion

@CabrioTourer
problem with times on planner route: may you simply share a start/new middle/end point coordinates with me here + the routing profile you use, thanks.

@tapio
lines in the dashboard ... well at least you may compare values on different places in the dashboard so, from my point of view, they are useful.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Sersus

On Xiaomi with Android 10 Locus Map of course is excluded from being unloaded from memory, from any battety optimisation and it has the permission for using Location service under any conditions.
The app itself also set not to turn fixing off in background, especially during navigation and track recording.
To put it simply, it has exactly the same inner settings and external permissions as Locus Classic has simultaneously in my phone.
BUT. I've been using Locus Map several times and it is constantly lose fix! Sometimes it can work as it should be for a period of time, sometimes it cannot fix even with the screen on for a long time.
Yesterday I decided to cycle with Locus Classic and it worked like a charm.
The typical scenario is using the voice navigation along custom tracks with the screen off.
------
I'm at a loss.
  •  

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Menion on May 16, 2022, 14:12:35
@CabrioTourer
problem with times on planner route: may you simply share a start/new middle/end point coordinates with me here + the routing profile you use, thanks.

It's not the same bcs time dropped instead increased but something similar. I hope it will do the job

Import all three points
Goto route planner and select routing offline brouter. Profile fast car.
In route planner make sure default is shaping point.
Plan a route from start to end. It should calculate 1:53h for 84.4 km
Click on via point and choose
--(+)--  (integrate into route)
This will not change route length (still 84.4km) but
calculated time dropped to 1:47h. This should not happen bcs route doesn't changed.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: CabrioTourer on May 17, 2022, 15:32:36
This will not change route length (still 84.4km) but
calculated time dropped to 1:47h. This should not happen bcs route doesn't changed.
Well, technically the time should be at least a few seconds longer, because a waypoint is supposedly a stopping point, so you have to break and afterwards speed up again.
Ok, joke aside, at least I can understand why the result of the underlying algorithm would not be exactly the same. Of course it makes no sense that it's shorter.
(and yeah, I'm working in the train business, where stop-or-no-stop is quite a factor...)

CabrioTourer

Good point this I forgot. In my original route it will be 30 min longer after adding the via point. Might be because Locus calculates a stop with driver change and waiting for another vehicle to pass ;)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

Menion

*** New Beta 4.9.2.2 *** just published.

Maybe some of you noticed new texts for translation on the Crowdin related to the "NTRIP client". This is something I worked on during last two weeks. It was made mainly for the Locus GIS, but if someone here is skilled to use it, we may discuss about it ;).

Anyway in the Beta: mainly some fixes + a nice new selector for offline LoRouter segments download.

@Sersus
I'm really sorry, but I have no idea how to help here. In case, you use the same setup for both apps, there is nothing more I may do as both apps share identical source code for handling GNSS in the device. All that remains is the black box in the Android > own internal logic that decides which app should be killed.

@CabrioTourer
hmm, I was fixing a few days ago minor issue in separating of tracks and seems that when I use your data for the test, I get correct results now (no change in the time). So maybe try it again with the next version, but for me, it looks like the issue is fixed now. Thanks!

luce

The offline LoRouter segments downloader is great!

Andrew Heard

I notice change in UI terminology

• route (existing) > re-route
  • track editor > repair
I think they are good choices.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

"visible and all waypoint in Geocache overview"
for me only count of visible WPTs are displayed, see SS

"NTRIP client"
where is this feature hidden?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 28, 2022, 05:32:37
track editor > repair

Hmm.  "Repair" suggests the track is broken or invalid.  May I suggest "Adjust" or "Modify", or even "Fine-tune"?  (I assume "Edit" is already taken by a different function, right?  I haven't looked at the beta.)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on May 28, 2022, 20:01:05
Hmm.  "Repair" suggests the track is broken or invalid.  May I suggest "Adjust" or "Modify", or even "Fine-tune"?  (I assume "Edit" is already taken by a different function, right?  I haven't looked at the beta.)
@Viajero Perdido - good point - I did actually wonder (worry) whether my route was broken when I first read this new "repair" menu item. I like "Fine-tune" even better, but maybe too long? And "Adjust" or "Modify" could apply equally to the Route Editor? It is rather difficult area to keep everyone happy.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

slarti76

Menion, you can now disregard my previous comment about Map Shading - now in newest beta I can confirm that also the Hill Shading is better in ZL13+, not just the Slope Shading. Thx!

Also, the coloring of Dashboard icons works. In fact, you - on purpose? - made a workaround possible to choose any color for the icons: As they're colored with the current text color, it's possible to choose the desired icon color as text color (e.g. white), then select/reload icon, then choose the (differing) text color (e.g. yellow) - voilĂ .

@Repair: I, like Andrew, also thought at first something was wrong. I really think, "Repair" has the wrong connotations. And "Modify" was perfectly fine...
Anyway, I experienced increased crashes in Editor Repairer. Can't give you any details yet, but I had several crashes in short order when doing some deleting points or editing points and then moving around in the track with the < and > buttons. Just as a heads up - I will give more info if I can manage to reproduce it, but perhaps you changed something and can already check it...
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,

@balloni55
Hmm, damn, small display issue ... thanks :-\

And NTRIP is not yet added to the Locus Map app. It was made mainly for the Locus GIS, but I'm asking if even here between you is anyone who knows and uses this and will be interested to give it a try.

Truth is that with this, even a cheap BT device may have a meter (or even better) accuracy. Well, internet connection and access to the NTRIP server are necessary, I know ... as I wrote, just asking.

@Viajero Perdido, @Andrew Heard
hmm and isn't the track editor tool exactly to "Repair" some incorrect recordings or problematic small parts after import etc etc?

Anyway, I've rather forwarded this to @Michal and he suggested using a "Fine-tune". So thanks Andrew for the suggestion.

@slarti76
Hill-shading > perfect. Thanks for pushing me into this, I agree it is a great improvement.

Hack with dashboard icons: heh, yes I'm aware of this and not perfectly happy that something like this works. I hope to improve options how dashboard cells are set  soon, so maybe this will change a little this year.

Crash: hmm, I'm not aware of any problem, sorry. Steps to reproduce seems to be necessary here.
  •  

Jethro10

I found this post on the previous version
@joeloc
Disappearing points: this sounds like a serious issue. There were no changes in the database system for a very long time. Hmm, sorry, no idea.

I also have this, often. I tend to add POI's to a folder called mapping as I walk about to later as to Open Street Map and I'm loosing a lot. Two possible clues.
First it I use the same name I get a message to "ignore and add anyway, etc. Etc." I am using the same name. Eg "Gate Here". A third one of the same name often doesn't ask to ignore and just deleted or overridden one of the previous ones. This certainly happens.
This "may" be if they are very close to each other, it seems to happen more often if they are close, maybe a few metres rather than 100's metres (does the system think it's the same one?)
After the above triggers the fault it seems to just be random and many don't add or may get deleted.
I get home to map what I thought were 20 POIs and I have maybe 7.
At first, being a new user I though it was used error so I may have more info as I use it more now I have some clues.

Jeff
  •  

freischneider

@Jethro 10: wrote you a PM. Better way to map in OSM.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Jethro10