Guidance, disable automatic generation navigation points

Started by ydario, May 22, 2022, 12:09:59

ydario

Hello,

is there a way to disable automatic generation of simplified navigation commands when following a route? I'm asking because this is hiding my route (main) waypoint inside dozens of turn left/right commands that are not useful when following a route (at least for me).

thanks

Yuri

•  

Menion

Hello,
if you want to use "navigation" on the route without commands, then should be better to use "guide to" system.

Anyway, number of generated commands is defined by the Settings > Navigation > Advanced > Frequency of commands.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

You can also change the number of announcements in the Confic. Default is: navigation_announcements_times = 15 | 35 | 300
I just have: navigation_announcements_times = 15
So only one announcement 15s before. You can try there with 0 what happens then.

https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/optimize-navigation-announcements
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

ydario

Quote from: Menion on May 23, 2022, 09:00:21
Hello,
if you want to use "navigation" on the route without commands, then should be better to use "guide to" system.

I'm already using "guide" after touching the route on the map (which has only 4 waypoints), but then the app is adding another set of 30 waypoints with turn/stay commands.

thanks
Yuri
  •  

ydario

I see that changing Settings>Guidance>advanced>Frequency of alerts adds more or less waypoints. I think that this setting should have a 'none' entry, to allow using only route waypoints.

thanks

Yuri
  •