Earbuds not quick enough. Need some silent lead in.

Started by Rocks in my boots, May 20, 2022, 04:30:57

Rocks in my boots

I ride my motorcycle and use locusmap 3 to guide me.  All is well except if my earbuds go into power save mode then when locusmap gives me guidance the first 2 seconds get cut off while my earbuds are turning back on.  Is there some way to get a few seconds of lead in before the instructions are given?
  •  

Menion

Hello, this is really unique problem.

Even if I would like to create something that fit your needs, I do not know how to do it. Adding two seconds of silence before the sound is technically impossible because all is handled by the Text-to-speech engine. For me, this looks more like a phone/buds problem. WAiting till buds are ready to play should be 100% handled by the device and not the individual app. Sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rocks in my boots

I think something as simple as an attention "bong" then a two second wait would do it.

I think you are correct though, it is not a failure of the program, but a failure of my earbuds.  Thanks for your attention though.
  •  

Menion

"two second wait" ... and this I have absolutely no idea how to do it. TTS system works very simply ... I create text to read and tell the system "read it", nothing more.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rocks in my boots

In my own research I have found that motorcycle headset communicators do not ever go into power saving mode so that you don't miss gps commands just like in this situation. Bye bye earbuds.  Thanks for your efforts.  :-)
  •  

11elevenths

•