Route Planning, change line type

Started by Jethro10, May 08, 2022, 10:29:02

Jethro10

Hi.
Again.....
When creating a route, I can select straight line for a segment to get to a path, then Hiking Profile to follow a path. If at a later date, I want to change a straight line segment and select a different profile like Hike to follow a path. Can this be done? or do I need to re-draw the complete route again?
As I'm just evaluating this, am I seeing the free version having less route planning options then if I subscribe?

Thanks
Jeff
  •  

Menion

Hello,

if you already have saved the route, just re-open it in the route planner (button in the bottom track toolbar) and you should get exactly the same situation as when you planned the route before.

So it is then easy to change a single segment. Most easy is to tap on any line you want to change and there is a button "recalculate" at the bottom.

Give it a try, I'm sure you will find it even from my description (without images).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Jethro10

Quote from: Menion on May 09, 2022, 07:45:38
Hello,

if you already have saved the route, just re-open it in the route planner (button in the bottom track toolbar) and you should get exactly the same situation as when you planned the route before.

So it is then easy to change a single segment. Most easy is to tap on any line you want to change and there is a button "recalculate" at the bottom.

Give it a try, I'm sure you will find it even from my description (without images).

I found my mistake. After highlighting the track I was selecting Modify Track as this was worded to do what I wanted. I should have select Route planner which I never did as to me it meant plan a route, Ie. from scratch, not modify it. For me the wording is the wrong way round but I'm there now.
Thanks
Jeff
  •  

Andrew Heard

Jeff - I tend to agree with you - you have to get used to the terminology (somewhat historical baggage) - in my head "Modify Track" = "Track Editor", and "Route Planner" = "Route Editor"
LM4.23.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Jethro10

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 10, 2022, 01:14:58
Jeff - I tend to agree with you - you have to get used to the terminology (somewhat historical baggage) - in my head "Modify Track" = "Track Editor", and "Route Planner" = "Route Editor"
It's all part of it.....
Getting there now.

J
  •