[APP] - version 4.8.+ ( 04/2022 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2022, 15:24:43

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on April 22, 2022, 11:26:11
@slarti76
Locus & Pokémon GO  ;D
Guilty pleasure... ;)

Quote from: Menion on April 22, 2022, 11:26:11Thanks for the tests! You were really able to resize and move this PiP window fully freely? Weird, it should not be possible.
Well, as I said, ratio was fixed, but I could make it much bigger. Is that really not supposed to be possible? I mean, e.g. if I use VLC as pop-up, I can resize it to like 90% of the screen width (but also the ratio is fixed).
Ah, I just realized something: A video is, of course, in landscape - so resizing to full width is possible. Locus was initially 1:1, which obviously also allowed it. Once you changed the ratio to 3:2, it's not possible anymore, because then you could basically resize it the more or less full screen size. So Android doesn't allow it. Of course it's ridiculous why Android forces this on the user, also that snapping to left or right of screen, but we all know Google...
Does that sound like a possible explanation to you? (I don't have a portrait video around that I could try with VLC...)
Anyway, perhaps you could at least let the user choose whether it wants the pop-up in portrait, landscape, or square. Everything after that is Android, and we have to live with it. But 3:2 portrait is very likely not what you want in every situation...

Quote from: Menion on April 22, 2022, 11:26:11It is also not possible to define own custom buttons there. For this, you may simply use the split-screen mode of your device, you do not need a PiP.
Sure, ok. But then why have that bar at all? As I said, just put the Navi Icon in the upper left and voilà - space saved...

Quote from: Menion on April 22, 2022, 11:26:11Anyway
- map rotation > agree, I'll look at it.
Thx
Quote from: Menion on April 22, 2022, 11:26:11- map zoom > there should be no changes when switching to PiP, so you should see a zoom visible on current map.
Oh, you're right, didn't realize that. However, I had "Automatic Zooming" on, and that doesn't seem to work in PIP - could that be enabled there, too?
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 22, 2022, 00:30:18
Quote from: joeloc on April 21, 2022, 16:53:32
...I run a "watchdog" since a few months that checks for Locus every minute and restarts it when it's gone.
@joeloc sorry to read of your troubles - I don't have those problems, will keep 2017 Samsung phone as long as possible, but could you possibly share more details of your "watchdog" - just curious. Best wishes Andrew.
My watchdog is a super simple macro for MacroDroid. It checks periodically for the presence of Locus notification (since apparently direct check for running apps is forbidden in newer Androids). If there is no Locus notification, it plays some warning text and simply starts Locus. Locus resumes track.recording nicely in this case, which is really all I care about.

@menion, I'd love to do logs n stuff, but apparently play store refuses to deliver beta versions (even though it says it does). So atm I'm still running public 4.8. Wasn't there a web page with the beta APKs. somewhere?

Camera is the main culprit when it comes to killing Locus, today it happened again. Just once though. It also happens to me when web surfing though... or when using the booking.com app. Anything really. Whenever Locus is in the background, it is in grave danger.

Funny though, only Locus gets killed. I never have problems with other background stuff, like Audible, VLC-Player for radio streams, etc.

CabrioTourer42

"Wasn't there a web page with the beta APKs. somewhere?"

Link is at the bottom of every menion post. Check the one on page 6.
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: CabrioTourer42 on April 22, 2022, 21:48:26
"Wasn't there a web page with the beta APKs. somewhere?"

Link is at the bottom of every menion post. Check the one on page 6.
Thanks for helping a blind guy :-)

To make this posting worthwhile, menion, please look at the two pics. Can you make the altitude text under the arrow not clip so aggressively? It disappears completely when only one pixel is invisible, why? Also, if there are spaces, remove them. And replace the / with a space maybe? All that saves pixels without harming visibility. Maybe even render the units in fontsize/2?

I know I can make fonts smaller, but that's counter productive on a bumpy mountain bike in bright sunlight wearing dark glasses :-).

PS, the red and blue stuff on the map is the Strava Heatmap Overlay. Right here in Andalucia it shows about 300% more tracks and trails than OSM even knows about. Extremely useful... might be even worth askin Strava for an official agreement to include that somehow?
  •  

Menion

*** Beta version 4.8.2.3 ***

Among some fixes etc, one specialty for @balloni55 ;). Expert settings > Premium for LoCoins. And then check the screen with "Premium purchase". There should be a new option. We are still not perfectly sure where to please this option, so for now, it is hidden behind "Expert settings".

@slarti76 & @joeloc, thanks for your posts. I'll look at it (and answer) in the next few days ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Premium/LoCoins, interesting, this makes me notice my subscription renewal was end of march, which I didn't notice, my bad🙂 Money is a thing here unfortunately, I probably would have tried to put Locoins into it, but... so what... I will use the last money I have for asamm, I hope the business can stay successful.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: tapio on April 23, 2022, 07:09:45
Premium/LoCoins, interesting, this makes me notice my subscription renewal was end of march, which I didn't notice, my bad Money is a thing here unfortunately, I probably would have tried to put Locoins into it, but... so what... I will use the last money I have for asamm, I hope the business can stay successful.
The same for me, maybe next year

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

thank you for implementing the payment option "premium version" with LoCoins.
unfortunately I can test it only in a year, because I had in the meantime a 2 weekly test subscription which has automatically renewed itself without asking... :-\

my credit on GooglePlay is 0 euro, but I had allowed the alternative payment option with PayPal, my mistake :-[

When looking over it I noticed 3 more things
- icons in expert settings are not completely displayed
- button to pay monthly is blue/active, it should be gray/inactive > when clicked an error message occurs
- in the subscription page should be visible hints about how the payment is done

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

I wonder how much a premium gold or silver subscription would cost converted to LoCoins. Currently I have like 800, stacking up, because of the sporadic Asamm "we have a gift for you"...
EDIT: Ah I see, Gold = 2100 per year according to above screenshot.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: tapio on April 23, 2022, 12:19:24
EDIT: Ah I see, Gold = 2100 per year according to above screenshot.
Paying with LoCoins is a bit more expensive then, I will do it anyway, also to support the team

100 LoCoins > 1,19Euro that makes 24,99 Euro/year vs. GooglePlay 23,99/year
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

joeloc

Is the overlay not rendered at all when it's max zoom differs too much from current zoom? My Strava Heatmap has a max zoom of 11 (the russian server doesn't serve more at the moment I guess). Locus at Zoom 16, all is fine. Locus at Zoom 17, overlay is not rendered at all. See pics.

Or do overelays disappear at Zoom 17 in general? Can I prevent this? I'd always like to see the Heatmap,.no matter what.
  •  

joeloc

Planning my future route, I scroll through the map in my intended direction and find an interesting looking place. First thing is setting a waypoint, name is mostly correct due to Locus query magic. Now I want to Google that place... and juggle with edit/clipboard/copy/paste/madness to get the name.into a web browser. Could you add "google search" to the sharing menu in Locus? It should work for points/tracks/everything that has a "name" basically.

Would make life a bit easier on the road.
  •  

Menion

@tapio & @balloni55 & @lor74cas
sorry, we wanted to have this feature completed till 2021, but we were too optimistic.

But thanks for your support. I'm sure, people that work together with me on Locus Map (GIS) appreciate it  ;)

Price: when we work with LoCoins, we use some "average price" for LoCoin, so the price should be close to equal. There is many people who have quite a lot of LoCoins (for example rewards for help with translations, some gifts from us etc.) and till now, there was no useful place where to spend a higher number of LoCoins. We also plan, hopefully soon, features where users should be able to pay with LoCoins to other users, so ...

Anyway purchasing LoCoins and then Premium for LoCoins does not make sense.

@balloni55
- icons in "expert" > I know. Looks easy, but I still did not find a solution  ???
- button to purchase monthly Premium > may you post me a visible error? Thanks
- "in the subscription page should be visible hints about how the payment is done" > what do you mean by this?

@joeloc
hmm what happens to you is expected to be true. All maps have a hardcoded maximal rescale of 1600% (5 zoom levels). Based on tests, maps rescaled more than 1600% are completely useless.
I understand your use case, but can't imagine using the same heat map images in another zoom level rescale to 3200% or more. Really unique solution I believe, sorry.

Sharing the name > try to tap on the "Share > Text message". Here, the name should be pre-filled so only tap on big "Share" button should be enough.

EDIT:
style of texts along the line: I know the current solution is not ideal. It is close to impossible to draw along these lines texts in two font sizes as I do in the dashboard ... unfortunately. Maybe there is some nice font that has numbers bigger than letters?
About hiding > it is about available space. So once we reduce the required width, the text remains visible even for shorted part of the line...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

@menion, i understand that scaling too much doesn't make much sense for anything else. For a Heatmap though, resolution doesn't really matter much. And things that magically disappear are just irritating :-). I am only bothering you with this btw because the Heatmap has become the tool of choice for finding my way. It beets OSM hands down even in places where people maintain OSM nicely... and especially where they don't. You can even judge the difficulty of a trail easily... it's almost magic for mountain biking.

Maybe the hardcoded zoom limit could be turned into something in providers.xml for the future?

Speaking about disappearing things besides the  max zoom issue: the overlay disappears way too often when internet is bad and I zoom around. I know you like blaming the server, but really... there is just no reason for something to disappear when it was loaded just minutes ago. It's especially frustrating when this is your main source for navigation because your offline maps contain nothing. Are you sure your tile caching works correctly? It seems to me you invalidate the cache too early, like when you send the http request for new data (at new zoom level). All cached things.should remain valid until new data is successfully received obviously, not just requested. Just an idea... that's how it "feels" here.
  •  

balloni55

Quotebutton to purchase monthly Premium > may you post me a visible error?
see attachement
Quotein the subscription page should be visible hints about how the payment is done" > what do you mean by this?
the normal user is used to pay via GooglePlay directly or PayPal and he doesn't know that there is also a possibility to pay with LoCoins.
This possibility he notices only if he goes the way about "other purchase options".

maybe a selection menu
"pay with LoCoins"/ "pay via GooglePlay" would be useful
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •