[APP] - version 4.8.+ ( 04/2022 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2022, 15:24:43

joeloc

I can't pinpoint it exactly, but since a couple of weeks I seem to suffer from disappearing points. Sometimes, or more likely quite often, whenever I create a new point (with long tap), the previous point I added simply goes away. The new point is fine, the previous point disappears completely from the database.

Happens quite a lot, but not always apparently. Probably also is related to what I do in-between adding points. No more clues yet, but maybe you can think of something already.
  •  

Tapio

Re: PIP
Works now. Bug with increasing its size per tap. Last step makes it fullscreen just for a moment, then window disappears.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

lor74cas

Quote from: tapio on April 09, 2022, 10:03:49
Re: PIP
Works now. Bug with increasing its size per tap. Last step makes it fullscreen just for a moment, then window disappears.
Confirmed now it works. But take a look at the blue bottom banner in the attachment.
P:S:
I'm not the best tester for this type of function, I prefer small devices so I always use full screen.
Locus always on top  8)
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

T-mo

beta 4.8.2.1
pip: wow great, very much appreciated
some notes:
- the double-arrow-button or double-tap brings it to fullscreen,but then immediately puts it in background or whatever..same with close-button
- by design pip seems to run in a separate process, so when using android opened apps, we have to not go back to last locus-process which is pip,but the next one then
  •  

balloni55

PIP screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5itmmuz558frhc/PIP.mp4?dl=0

sec.5 > click edit >LM go to background
sec.31 > swipe down and click to get LM to foreground > PIP is grayed
sec.57 >recal LM with app icon > PIP is blank
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

luce

I can't find this PiP button although I have the most recent app version (4.8.2.1). What am I doing wrong?
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: luce on April 09, 2022, 18:20:00
I can't find this PiP button although I have the most recent app version (4.8.2.1). What am I doing wrong?
Download it again from testing folder I think there is a new one with the same name

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

luce

No difference, also with the actual version...
  •  

lor74cas

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

luce

Thanks lor74cas... but still the same... :)
  •  

luce

Another thing:

The Vienna WMS map is displaying data again  ;D ;D ;D, but...

- The WMS adress that works again now is
https://data.wien.gv.at/daten/wms?service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities&version=1.1.1

- the data is shown but the scaling seems to be wrong. Everything is very small (see the metro lines and stations of Vienna in screenshot 4).

The entry that is currently in the Locus WMS library (see screenshot 3) shows data but much too small, only in light grey and lines are only one px wide) – see screenshots 1 and 2. When I show an "empty" map, I can see the items. As soon as I use a normal map, the items are much too small and too light to recognise. Seems to have something to do with this thing called SLD...

So could you please to change the WMS adress in the Locus WMS library... and is it possible to change the scaling of a WMS map?

Best, Lucas
  •  

luce

And yes, a search filter for the WMS layers would be great. For Vienna, these are MANY  ;)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AredTfs4J1f5gt8AYWEtDwuTaU_eAA
  •  

CabrioTourer

I would like to ask for a change that's not the most important. Anyway. maybe it's easy to fix.

I do route planning in two steps. In first I put shaping points just aproximately. This makes it fast to plan.
In a second step I use itinerary view to move points exactly onto street.

When itinerary view is started screen is splited in two parts. Upper part is the map, showing selected point. Bottom the list of points. Bottom shows just the first 7 points in my case.

There are two problems when selecting point 8 - x.
The scrolling in point list makes the list fullscreen.
Selecting a point shrinks list again to bottom screen and most of the time not showing the selected one.

The result is a constant scrolling down again and again when working on point 8 until end.
I added a video to show it.

Would it be a big change to keep the split screen even while scrolling list of points and keep their position when selecting a point?
Then it will be much easier to go through the list point by point.
  •  

joeloc

When Locus force-quits (unfortunately still happens, I blame Samsung) while I track is being recorded, recording continues after restarting. However, the Icon (green arrow, red button) does not reflect this and keeps showing green instead of red.
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
yesterday I was able to see how much Locus Map Web has improved, which now also integrates all data such as heart rate, slope, speed, etc.
However, I noticed something strange, the speed shown in the graphs is wrong. The same behavior can also be found in the app.
I noticed the error because while recording the track with locus I also record with a Garmin Forerunner.
At the points where I stopped, Garmin lowers the speed to 0, while Locus shows an almost constant speed even more evident if you stop downhill.
I am aware that locus records the points only on the basis of the filters set in the setup, in my case 25mt of distance, 5seconds of interval and 50mt of precision, but when one is stopped, a speed other than 0 cannot be shown in any case.
I understand that by not recording the points where you remain stationary in place, the speed data is more difficult to determine, but Locus recorded a point 10.75 km and 3 minutes later a second point at 10.77. So in those 3 minutes it will certainly not be able to register a zero speed, but at least close to 0, instead it shows about 13 km / h. It appears that instead of showing the speed determined between the two points being recorded, the instantaneous speed at the point is shown.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •