[APP] - version 4.8.+ ( 04/2022 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2022, 15:24:43

Tapio

Something is wrong with the longtap map toggle. I switch between OAM vector map and a downloaded SQL Satmap. It's not fully downloaded, maybe that's a problem?

Eg toggling from the OAM map to the Satmap shows an empty map instead. Map picker says "Adaptive - Base map".

Edit: no. Happens from oam to Asamm online map as well. What I did in between the toggling was refresh the map preview of a track. EDIT2: Yes, this seems to cause the problem.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Fine, thanks for the push before!

And "Themes" ... well it is because I call internally the whole system as "Dashboard" and every single configured view as "Dashboard theme", so there may be a usage of the word "Theme". I'll unite it, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotestart navigation > FC
you are quite fast 8)
solved with V 4.8.1
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on March 31, 2022, 17:47:08
Eg toggling from the OAM map to the Satmap shows an empty map instead. Map picker says "Adaptive - Base map".
I have a similar experience to @tapio. Here's my theory: Locus doesn't remember 2nd last map after app exit, so first long tap toggle displays blank map. It is necessary to manually select a 2nd map, then the long tap toggle will work correctly. So question becomes, should Locus now remember current & previous maps at exit & restore these settings upon execution so that long-tap map switch works across app instances?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

tannenzäpfle

@Andrew
same Problem here but I found a solution, see enclosed screenshot

click on "Für mich freigegeben" (released for me)
On the next screen, you will find  subdirectory "versions" with the 4.8.

Hartmut

balloni55

QuoteMost easy is now a long click on the dashboard button in the panel.

@menion - a long click on the dashboard button in the main menu just results in Change dialog where I can reassign that button to new function?
confirm
Quoteclick on "Für mich freigegeben" (released for me)
On the next screen, you will find  subdirectory "versions" with the 4.8.
i found V4.8.1 under "final download"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on March 31, 2022, 13:12:26
The dashboard manager will have highlighted the currently active dashboard and the tap on it, hide the dashboard as well. What you and others think?
@menion: 4.8.1: It wasn't obvious how to hide the active dashboard until I returned to your post on this subject. Would it be more obvious & consistent to use same user interface/ model as points & tracks, with an eye icon next to each dashboard name? Subtle difference, only one "eye" can be active at a time of course. See mockup...
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Maybe because you aren't used to? He uses the bold text system already IIRC in the recording presets and audio trainers. Also systems where there's just one item active.
Hmm but I can see, it's a rather unusual ui. Maybe a "Use" entry in the "..." menu helps so people find something in any case.

Menion

Quick toggle between maps

Hmm thanks. App registered all selections of maps. I've improved it and it will register only big map screens now.

Release & Beta versions

guys, release, and beta versions have their own directories. Currently, the latest public is a "release" version so the Beta channel contains only an older version.

Dashboard

as @tapio wrote, I really use this system on more places. But agree it is not perfectly clear that tapping on highlighted item disables it. Maybe a simple description "Tap to hide" under the highlighted title should help to make it clear?

Option over "...", right also a solution. Btw. long click on the "Dashboard" in the function panel offer also "hide" option.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

QuoteBtw. long click on the "Dashboard" in the function panel offer also "hide" option.
~ sec 20  ????
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xg2cylzy66q3sy5/Longclick.mp4?dl=0
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: balloni55 on April 01, 2022, 12:44:28
QuoteBtw. long click on the "Dashboard" in the function panel offer also "hide" option.
~ sec 20  ????
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xg2cylzy66q3sy5/Longclick.mp4?dl=0
No, in the side panel.
  •  

CabrioTourer

First a problem mentioned by others, too. Because of Quick map toogle locus should save last two maps across App exit.
Otherwise after App start the feature doesn't work.
That's anoying bec of the old unfound bug track shaping points lost I restart App after every route planner usage. Means I have non working quick map toogle often the day

Second is an old bug. Taping planned track on map has two different kinds of "detail" popup. One with 3dot menu. One without. Otherwise they looks identical for me.

I think the one witout 3dot menu comes in first track selection after App start. On second selection the other with 3dot is used. But I'm not exactly sure. See Screenshots.
I need most of the time the route planner which is inside 3dot menu.

Btw:  quich map toogle is a great feature. I use it often to switch beteen "normal" and Satellit map.
  •  

luce

Hello!
In the actual version 4.8.1., the "alternative version of the turn off method" (https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7632.msg65925#msg65925)
doesn't work any more. I have to put my device password every time after Locus activated the screen.
Any idea what's the reason for this?
Best, Lucas
  •  

luce

... And another thing... I know I'm not the first one to ask this... What about moving the "hide" button to the bottom bar? There is enough space and hiding a track is one of the most used actions.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: luce on April 02, 2022, 19:26:24
... And another thing... I know I'm not the first one to ask this... What about moving the "hide" button to the bottom bar? There is enough space and hiding a track is one of the most used actions.
For me, hiding is not the most common function. I use it very rarely. If then mostly in the track manager. 
and I find the bottom bar is already very full. If they work here with touch gloves it needs the distance.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •