Started by Menion, March 16, 2022, 16:25:34

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Check this manual page. A little lower is "Save filter for later use" section.

So you probably have two saved filters and these are offered when you tap on the "Load whole folder" icon.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Thank you, now I understood, however the set filter should only work if the parameters for it are also available, otherwise I expect a corresponding error message.
At the moment it is so that with a folder with normal POIs so without "fav's" all are selected when I click on "fav xx".
Another problem is that I work the next weeks as you know with LM4FREE and so I can not create or edit filters.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hmm understand, but this is complicated. To check if the filter makes sense for a specific folder, it should be necessary to load all data and compare them > impossible.

Currently, the filter is simply loaded and applied to all data. If the filter contains any geocaching parameters and points are not a cache, these parameters are simply ignored.
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: "100%  :D ... fortunately I do not have to care about this case. Overlay vector maps have a disabled background so there is a high chance, that the base map will be necessary as well ..."

Well, the scenario is vector base map and MBtiles overlays. So any expensive rendering of the basemap is burning battery for nothing.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on March 29, 2022, 09:28:30
agree it should be more user-friendly. To be true, I'm a little bit lazy to cross-post problems on the https://help.useresponse.com website :P
@menion I have created a useresponse.com account & added a ticket myself @ https://help.useresponse.com/topic/31346-provide-useful-error-message-instead-of-hiding-the-submit-button
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

Thanks Andrew.

Hmm, Drag&drop for GPX import and sat maps are since evening on web planner ;). And I'm going to prepare a new app version as well ...
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Hello Menione, Import GPX is good, but there is a possibility to add the route cant. There is only the option to open in the editor, but the route changes completely after conversion. See SCR.
  •  

Menion

I wanted just to notify about the news on the web planner. Because this is (fortunately) mainly the task of Jan and Ondřej, I do not have to care about it and also do not have to help solve problems :P

So best to report any problems, as it usually
- generic repeatable issues on our help desk (probably fastest method)
- or for a more advanced topics or discussion, I've created a board here on the forum. I'll inform Jan and Ondřej to watch this board so they should hopefully react faster than when I have to inform them like now I do. Thanks